Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #1781
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

lol good to see we are now complaining about season 7 before the scripts are even written.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #1782
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Spoiler!

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #1783
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Interesting about Miguel, I believe they put him up for some awards based on this season. I wonder if it was a scheduling conflict? I know that these things happen far in the future and Miguel maybe has taken on other projects that will keep him busy for the next year?

Either way, to bad. He did an amazing job.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #1784
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
lol good to see we are now complaining about season 7 before the scripts are even written.
Oh, sorry, are we not allowed to discuss anything about the show besides what you want to talk about? Give it a rest man. We are discussing directors and how much we like them based on the job they did with their episodes this season. How is that complaining?
Old 06-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #1785
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Spoiler!
They don't want us to wonder.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #1786
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
Robert sounds like he was always a womanizer, if he was that way back then I could see her leaving to be with someone else
Robert was known for being a womanizing and fat drunken lout. He also beat women.

A list of quotes discussing Rhaegar:

"Your brother Rhaegar was the last dragon."
―Jorah Mormont to Daenerys Targaryen

"When your brother Rhaegar led his army into battle at the Trident, men died for him because they believed in him, because they loved him. I fought beside the last dragon on that day, your Grace. I bled beside him."
―Ser Barristan Selmy to Daenerys

Daenerys Targaryen: "Did you know him well, Ser Barristan?"
Barristan Selmy: "I did, your Grace. Finest man I ever met."
Daenerys Targaryen: "I wish I had known him, but he was not the last dragon."

Petyr Baelish: "The last two riders were Barristan Selmy and Rhaegar Targaryen. When Rhaegar won, everyone cheered for their prince. I remember the girls laughing when he took off his helmet and saw that silver hair. How handsome he was. Until he rode right past his wife Elia Martell, and all the smiles died. I've never seen so many people so quiet. He rode past his wife and he lay a crown of winter roses in Lyanna's lap. Blue with frost. How many tens of thousands had to die because Rhaegar chose your aunt?"
Sansa Stark: "Yes he chose her. And then he kidnapped her and raped her."

Barristan Selmy: "Viserys never told you?"
Daenerys Targaryen: "He told me Rhaegar was good at killing people."
Barristan Selmy: "Rhaegar never liked killing. He loved singing."

Sounds like a lady's man who was also a kick ass warrior and musician. Doesn't really sound like he needed to kidnap anyone.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #1787
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe a stupid question, but does Baelish know Jon Snow's true lineage? I am assuming some people alive must know.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #1788
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I think the match cut in that scene made it painfully obvious enough even to a simpleton.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #1789
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but does Baelish know Jon Snow's true lineage? I am assuming some people alive must know.
I think Petyr states that he was only a boy when everything went down. I doubt he would have much first hand knowledge of that.

You'd assume a fair number of people might know. Lyanna was pregnant for 9 months...That being said she may have been holed up in the Tower of Joy in order to disguise her own pregnancy. Howland Reed would have also known.

Overall, it'd be pretty suspicious that Ned, an otherwise pretty good guy, would bed a hussy and bring back a ####### child. Making the jump in logic to Rob being L+R = J would be pretty big though.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #1790
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm honestly pretty over Littlefinger in general. This weaselly guy that moves around behind the scenes and just picks the right move every time. I'd kind of like him to just get an unceremonious death.

It might be because Aiden Gillen just really hasn't done a good job with him imo, and when you compare him to the portrayal of Varys, it's just lacking. Yet Baelish is the one who has gained all the power.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #1791
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Varys doesn't really want power, though, does he? I get the impression that he's one of the very few that really just wants what's right for the 7 kingdoms. He hasn't chased power at all, that I can tell.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #1792
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Interesting about Miguel, I believe they put him up for some awards based on this season. I wonder if it was a scheduling conflict? I know that these things happen far in the future and Miguel maybe has taken on other projects that will keep him busy for the next year?

Either way, to bad. He did an amazing job.
Netflix hired him away to do their new cyberpunk series Altered Carbon. Probably won't be back.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #1793
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
I'm honestly pretty over Littlefinger in general. This weaselly guy that moves around behind the scenes and just picks the right move every time. I'd kind of like him to just get an unceremonious death.

It might be because Aiden Gillen just really hasn't done a good job with him imo, and when you compare him to the portrayal of Varys, it's just lacking. Yet Baelish is the one who has gained all the power.
I kind of feel like Baelish sucks now, and I don't like it. With Dany coming, and Jon as King in the North what's he going to do? Angle for a seat on the small council? That's where he started. All these machinations for naught.

I hope Baelish has some kind of plan to do something important for himself, otherwise he's just kind of planning, planning, planning for nothing.

Maybe he'll ally with the Whitewalkers or something.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #1794
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Indeed. TWD could learn a thing or two from GoT about how to deliver a good season finale. It's going to be such a long wait, knowing that we have, 13 episodes left? With the smaller budgets I wonder if the episodes will be more like the last two of this season were. The best part for me, is that even though the show is starting to wind down, it feels like it's really just getting started.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #1795
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only skimmed the EW article, did it say anything about the budget being decreased? GoT has had the biggest budget of any ongoing TV series production in history. I wouldn't expect a budget crunch to happen now, especially with fewer episodes all but guaranteed for the upcoming seasons.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #1796
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I think Petyr states that he was only a boy when everything went down. I doubt he would have much first hand knowledge of that.

You'd assume a fair number of people might know. Lyanna was pregnant for 9 months...That being said she may have been holed up in the Tower of Joy in order to disguise her own pregnancy. Howland Reed would have also known.

Overall, it'd be pretty suspicious that Ned, an otherwise pretty good guy, would bed a hussy and bring back a ####### child. Making the jump in logic to Rob being L+R = J would be pretty big though.
Littlefinger wasn't a boy. He's a little younger than Cat, but roughly the same age as her sister.

I'd say it's obvious that Littlefinger knows (or at least has guessed) that Lyanna went with Rhaegar voluntarily. I doubt he has any idea that Jon is actually their son.

Because of the war, Lyanna was likely hidden away at the Tower of Joy for most of her pregnancy and certainly as long as she would have been showing.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #1797
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Littlefinger wasn't a boy. He's a little younger than Cat, but roughly the same age as her sister.

I'd say it's obvious that Littlefinger knows (or at least has guessed) that Lyanna went with Rhaegar voluntarily. I doubt he has any idea that Jon is actually their son.

Because of the war, Lyanna was likely hidden away at the Tower of Joy for most of her pregnancy and certainly as long as she would have been showing.
I think Lyanna was suppossed to still be a teenager when things went down. So even if Little Finger is only a few years younger, that could put him at about 12. That's pretty young to know the ins and outs and all the little secrets.

It's more plausible that he would attain that information later on in life once the scheming started.

I'd agree that he definitely didn't think Lyanna was forcibly captured.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #1798
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I kind of feel like Baelish sucks now, and I don't like it. With Dany coming, and Jon as King in the North what's he going to do? Angle for a seat on the small council? That's where he started. All these machinations for naught.

I hope Baelish has some kind of plan to do something important for himself, otherwise he's just kind of planning, planning, planning for nothing.

Maybe he'll ally with the Whitewalkers or something.
He's going to end up on the iron throne, king of the ashes, just like varys said in season one or two. Everybody is going to end up dead, the world will be ruined and little finger will finally get what he wants. There will be no happy ending with this show, at least I don't think there will be.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #1799
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He's going to end up on the iron throne, king of the ashes, just like varys said in season one or two. Everybody is going to end up dead, the world will be ruined and little finger will finally get what he wants. There will be no happy ending with this show, at least I don't think there will be.
Umm if Baelish ends up on the Throne isn't that the happiest ending ever! I for one will cheer loudly while my girlfriend burns the house down
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #1800
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why? Do you find him an entertaining character? He's basically a plotting Mary Sue at this point.