Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #981
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry for your loss.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #982
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You have my deepest sympathy. There is no greater love ........

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #983
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Sorry for your loss
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #984
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm happy to hear you were able to have those extra months, I'm sure they were the most special. My condolences to you over such a sad loss.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #985
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sorry for your loss, NinePack. She's a beautiful pup.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #986
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

ugh, I dread seeing this thread being bumped. Sorry for your loss, NinePack.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #987
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Sorry for your loss NinePack. We also had to put down our dog last month (That's her in my avi). It's hard
Old 07-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #988
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
ugh, I dread seeing this thread being bumped. Sorry for your loss, NinePack.
I as well. That said it's nice to celebrate the lives of these pets that have been a part of our families for years and strangers linked by our love of pets, paying our respects via the internet.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #989
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Sorry for you loss, NinePack.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #990
Underdog
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sorry for your loss.

We just had to put our boy down after over 15 years with us. First pet I've ever lost and I never understood how hard it would be until it happened to me. They're like family and our home feels a little empty now.

Just know that it gets a little easier every day.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #991
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks everyone, Im sorry for everyone elses lose as well. Never had to do this before, now i understand. Pretty much everyday for 10 years, every camp/roadtrip/party. Everywhere she was there. No fences , but she was always there , never had to call her. Always chilling on the deck waiting for me. She would be the first waiting at the truck to go somewhere or the first thing running towards me when i get home. She left when there was a little bit left in her. I didnt want her to go down any further. I knew she was in pain. It was such a tough call to make. I think i did it right. Stubborn dog didnt want to show it to me lol

Last edited by NinePack; 07-22-2019 at 03:40 PM.
NinePack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NinePack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #992
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

The photographs and good memories you have of your dog haven't died and live on inside you. Take those with you going forward.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #993
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

We are faced with this tough decision right now with our cat Marbles. She developed a lump on her underside about a month ago. It did not seem to bug her but we decided to get it looked at. She was diagnosed with cancer in her mammary glands but we also found that it has spread to her lungs. After X-rays we found that she only has 50% lung capacity now. She is on steroids now to help her but we know it is inevitable. It is killing us knowing that we have to make this decision.

We got Marbles 6 years ago from the Cochrane Humane. We were not even looking for a cat that day, I just decided to pop into the room with the cats to see them. Marbles saw us and came right over and started rubbing against my wifes legs. She petted her and moved on. My wife sat down and Marbles jumped onto her lap then just laid down and started purring. My wife fell in love right then.

Since then she has been the nicest cat, very friendly and loving to be around us. Every night she comes to bed with us, then when we fall asleep she takes off. If she was a typical cat that did not care much about us this decision would be much easier I think. It would still be tough but not like this.

Reading through the other posts from people that have gone through this is making it a little easier knowing that others have had to make this decision even though it is very tough.

Spoiler!
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #994
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Superflyer, I'm so sorry to hear this, such a hard thing to do and so sad. She's a doll, I'm still missing my black kitty very much. They seem to have the best personalities.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #995
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enough of that effin disease already. We lost our bird a couple weeks back to it as well. Seems no animal is safe.

So sorry you have to deal with this, Superflyer.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #996
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So sorry for you. I have had to make this decision hundreds of times. It never gets any easier but know what you are doing for the animal is going to stop any suffering. The animal usually lets you know. Cats particularly will stop eating. Just love them until then . I always say that opting to euthanize is the greatest love you will ever show your pet. Take care. x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #997
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

For anyone with a female dog or cat get them spayed as soon as your vet says it's okay. If you don't the chances of them getting cancer is much, much higher. Even if you catch it early and get the cancer removed and then have them spayed they will probably get cancer somewhere else.

Cats are especially vulnerable because they instinctively hide illness as effectively as possible. So you think your cat is fine no reason to get a check up.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 08:18 PM   #998
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

On Friday, our boy Dublin, the 6 and a half year old Olde English Bulldogge, was not quite himself, lazier and more lethargic than usual. So, off to the vet he went. Turns out, he'd had a tumor in his spleen and it ruptured. We were faced with a decision, euthanize, or undergo emergency surgery to remove the spleen, and take an look around to see if there were more tumors, and then find out if it was cancerous or not.
We made the choice to go with surgery. Everything went well, no other tumors, and surgery was a breeze.
That was early saturday morning. Recovery started out well, blood transfusion took, red blood cells were up, and the road to recovery looked wide open.
Sunday afternoon red blood cell count dropped, and continued to do so throughout the day, so he had a second transfusion. Vet said it wasn't out of the ordinary and he was still progressing well. Monday was a good day, red blood cell count was up again, and steadily climbing on it's own. They weened him off the Fentanyl/Ketamine mix, and he was up and moving around on his own. He wasn't interested in eating though, so they had a nasal gastric tube in place to get nutrients into him, he wouldn't be released until he was eating on his own. Today was another good day, active, lively, and alert, playing outside but still not eating, vet figured another 24 hours and he could come home.
Sadly, that's not the case. We just got the call that he passed away.
He was sleeping and just drifted off. Luckily no signs of pain, or struggle, they figure it was a clot that caused a massive heart attack.

I'm gonna miss him. A lot. He was a stubborn old bugger, but I loved him for it.

Rest easy Bubba.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #999
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very sorry for your loss. You couldn't have done anymore so don't second guess yourself. You should post a photo. I know we would love to see him. Take care.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2019, 08:28 PM   #1000
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm so sorry. So heartbreaking
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote