Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2021, 09:56 AM   #441
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ke-theyre-ufos

I'm not sure if this was posted here or not, I had the tab open for awhile. Really worth reading though. A great analysis of what could be going on, that doesn't involve Aliens. It makes a lot of sense.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #442
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ke-theyre-ufos

I'm not sure if this was posted here or not, I had the tab open for awhile. Really worth reading though. A great analysis of what could be going on, that doesn't involve Aliens. It makes a lot of sense.
Having read the whole article, for the benefit of those who only have time for TL;DR: near-peer-state actors using drones and balloons to gather electronic signatures of new radar and networked warfighting systems in order to develop countermeasures and/or develop their own, similar systems. This would follow a long-established pattern of using drones and balloons in a similar manner over many decades.

I'm liking this from an Occam's Razor perspective.
RoadGame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RoadGame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #443
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post
Having read the whole article, for the benefit of those who only have time for TL;DR: near-peer-state actors using drones and balloons to gather electronic signatures of new radar and networked warfighting systems in order to develop countermeasures and/or develop their own, similar systems. This would follow a long-established pattern of using drones and balloons in a similar manner over many decades.

I'm liking this from an Occam's Razor perspective.
I think this is a likely scenario as well. It would also explain why the government wants to keep some mystery surrounding the encounters. It would also explain why this has mostly been happening during military exercises. Rival states would be interested in these exercises where as aliens, if they were interested in is at all, would likely be looking everywhere.

It does make one wonder if the eye witness accounts are exaggerations, fabrications, or if the witnesses are acting on behalf of the government to help create the mystery. Some of the eye witness accounts are so far out and specific, they leave no room for the balloon or conventional drone theories.

I am still leaning towards experimental technology meant to create illusions and effect instruments to baffle rivals. Probably the US themselves playing with it.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #444
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I think this is a likely scenario as well. It would also explain why the government wants to keep some mystery surrounding the encounters. It would also explain why this has mostly been happening during military exercises. Rival states would be interested in these exercises where as aliens, if they were interested in is at all, would likely be looking everywhere.

It does make one wonder if the eye witness accounts are exaggerations, fabrications, or if the witnesses are acting on behalf of the government to help create the mystery. Some of the eye witness accounts are so far out and specific, they leave no room for the balloon or conventional drone theories.

I am still leaning towards experimental technology meant to create illusions and effect instruments to baffle rivals. Probably the US themselves playing with it.
Of course it is, adversaries are always far behind the US in military tech, if these were "adversary-drones" buzzing warships they would have been engaged in 5 seconds. Hell, coming within 10 miles of US warships on exercise in a small Cessna will get you a stiff warning to turn away, and if you don't you'll probably become a missing person at sea.

My guess is the commanders know about these exercises, the regular crew/pilots do not.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #445
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Of course it is, adversaries are always far behind the US in military tech, if these were "adversary-drones" buzzing warships they would have been engaged in 5 seconds. Hell, coming within 10 miles of US warships on exercise in a small Cessna will get you a stiff warning to turn away, and if you don't you'll probably become a missing person at sea.

My guess is the commanders know about these exercises, the regular crew/pilots do not.
Yeah I’m not sure how the theory of Chinese or Russian spy drones is building any steam… they would have blown them out of the sky within minutes.

They’ve just been allowing this for a decade +? No.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #446
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Wouldn't blowing things out of the sky be very expensive? How much does one missile cost?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:30 PM   #447
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Wouldn't blowing things out of the sky be very expensive? How much does one missile cost?
They have allegedly been flying around bases and missile sites, and the United States government doesn’t care? Unless they are American, I don’t see how that’s realistic.

Let’s not pretend like the US military pinches pennies.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #448
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Much of these sightings have consistency over the last few decades, and have particularly happened after WWII. This would imply that if it was foreign-adversary technology, they've had similar tech for damn near 80 years. Even then, if the Nimitz encounters happened in 2004 and daily sighting were apparently the norm according to Cpt. Ryan Graves during 2014 and 2015, why would the upcoming report deny public access to the annex of the 120 cases? Why would any of these be more sensitive than any others? There's probably way more they've recorded with way better physical evidence they don't want to release.

Why would the Chinese and Russian be buzzing American technology 80 years and the U.S. would not have a protocol for scientific investigation or military response?

This conclusion is fishy on multiple fronts, although not surprising given the same agencies responsible for reporting on it are the same ones responsible for keeping the UFO topic to the fringe for all of these years. I do, however, respect the fact they don't rule out something extra or ultra-terrestrial and leave that question open.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #449
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
What do you mean "of course"? If there is no evidence or cover-up, what could they possibly do or say that would ever convince a believer?
Release all the classified documents
Old 06-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #450
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Release all the classified documents
US military....what classified documents?
Old 06-04-2021, 08:21 PM   #451
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

I recall in one of the videos where a UAP was spotted, the pilot asked for permission to approach it and the first thing they asked was if they were armed, and after the pilot said no, they gave him permission to try and get closer.

So yeah, it wasn't something they thought was a threat.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:24 PM   #452
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Warzone article snuff posted was well worth the read, and many of you brushing it off as likely american tech clearly didnt consider the primary pieces of the article, which were that the explanation does not fit all the ufo sightings just the recent ones, and that you fall prey to the same overconfidence that the american military industrial complex is absolutely rife with.

If it is american tech, why are they funding so many seemingly inferior vectors to the absolute tits? Why waste incomprehensible amounts of money? Not just the haha roll them off the assembly line and park them military way, but coveted R & D money?

I maintain utmost skepticism. If this is american tech, it is part of one of the greatest coverups of all time. Much more likely it's Chinese. Followed by octopuses/dolphins, future humans, and aliens, of course.
Monahammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:07 AM   #453
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
The Warzone article snuff posted was well worth the read, and many of you brushing it off as likely american tech clearly didnt consider the primary pieces of the article, which were that the explanation does not fit all the ufo sightings just the recent ones, and that you fall prey to the same overconfidence that the american military industrial complex is absolutely rife with.

If it is american tech, why are they funding so many seemingly inferior vectors to the absolute tits? Why waste incomprehensible amounts of money? Not just the haha roll them off the assembly line and park them military way, but coveted R & D money?

I maintain utmost skepticism. If this is american tech, it is part of one of the greatest coverups of all time. Much more likely it's Chinese. Followed by octopuses/dolphins, future humans, and aliens, of course.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

- Sun Tzu

If it is American tech, that doesn't mean it is advanced as reports are making it out to be. Creating the illusion of being advanced is easier than actually making it advanced.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 06-05-2021 at 12:16 AM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2021, 03:08 AM   #454
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

Remember the F-117 Nighthawk?

Development and flight testing started in 1978, the Air Force denied it's existence until 1989 and wasn't publicly seen till the gulf war in 1990. It's claimed only 3 or 4 people working in the Pentagon knew anything about it early on. Even Ronald Reagan wasn't told the truth about it till about 1985 and that's because he insisted and demanded "what the hell is going on at Groom lake?"

This black project program turned Nevada's Groom lake base into the UFO conspiracy driven Area-51 we know today.

As for the Chinese, even with tech theft from the F-22 and F-35 they could barely get their first stealth fighter off the ground let alone develop crazy future stuff.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #455
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 06-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #456
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

I encountered this interview with Mick West on a buddy's YouTube channel. He provides a pretty sober and sensible interpretation of what is happening in the Navy ATFLIR videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 07:49 PM   #457
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

An Analysis of the 60 Minutes Investigation
BY MICK WEST
https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room...investigation/

[the comment section has plenty of arguments from all sides]

Last edited by troutman; 06-21-2021 at 07:58 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 09:51 AM   #458
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Here's a fun sighting that happened yesterday in Shanghai - it was caught on multiple cameras with people below recording:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1407163717230358540

Three different angles were compiled on YouTube:

And here's a link to the dialogue from one of the videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/commen...eb2x&context=3

I think it's interesting to note that you can get in a lot of trouble for creating hoaxes or public panic in China, even creating manipulated content is risky.

Anyways, if anyone cares, this is similar to the TR3B sightings other people have reported over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)

Note: Happy to have more light shed on this. Mick West?

EDIT: I tend to think a more logical (non-UAP explanation) is this is a reflection/optical illusion from a building with lights or a spotlight situation. Shanghai has a lot of cool buildings and I'd like to see where these videos are in relation to where they're being filmed. I would think knowing the location of multiple video captures would allow one to triangulate where such a ground-based light effect may be perpetuating from. I would also like to know the auditory/sound component to this - as in, if there is any at all. Lue Elizondo has said triangle observations have been made much like this is demonstrating - slow, hovering, quiet, and not exactly threatening. If it is UAP, then I'm not sure what to think about it.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 06-22-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #459
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That looks like one of Palpatine's star destroyers from the most recent Star Wars movie.

Last edited by 1qqaaz; 06-22-2021 at 10:16 AM.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #460
Knut

Exp:

It honestly looks like a shadow cast ont the clouds. Is there maybe a triangle shaped building below that is a dark material so it doesnt reflect the light as much as the surrounding area ?

Looks like it is moving because the clouds are moving.

Last edited by Knut; 06-22-2021 at 11:16 AM.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post: