Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2018, 10:08 PM   #61
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM11 View Post
What did Kerr say? Sound like he knew something, or just what he thought should happen?
In his "laying down the truth" segment. He think's (made perfectly clear that it was his opinion only) that righting the ship is going to take a major shake up.

Radio guys all day seem to be leading into something like there's something really rotten in the locker room. it's not just Francis's written piece, it was on the radio a fair bit today too.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM   #62
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
I just don’t think trading for a 1st is a very good move if you’re BT, and overall it looks like terrible asset management.

Trade a first for a d man, then trade a d-man (Brodie?) for a first? That’s just running around in circles. That is of course if we trade from our supposed area where we have a surplus.
This is all just speculation but I think the Flames have NHL ready prospects to replace what Brodie brings to the table but not necessarily Hamonic.

I think its likely there are multiple moves made though
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM   #63
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Sounds about right. I could see something like Brodie + Kylington to Montreal for Gallagher and a 2nd (which will be an early 2nd), and Bennett to the Wings for the 1st they got from Vegas and a forward prospect. Then maybe leverage the 2nd to move up in the 1st round.

Or Brodie + Bennett to the Leafs for Kapanen + 1st.
Neither toronto nor montreal have a reason to make those trades
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:13 PM   #64
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
Ya he scores goals but causes more from his bone head plays. Keep thinking Dougie is Norris Calibre. Your on here all day get a life.
Dougie is a hell of a lot more valuable than kreider (who I like as a player) and if you don't agree you are either trolling or you don't have a ####ing clue

No legit Flames fan would want trade Hamilton for Kreider straight up

Last edited by dino7c; 03-22-2018 at 10:15 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #65
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Suggestions on trading Bennett for a late 1st is seriously so stupid. He has not lived up to his 4th overall status, but he's still an NHL'er that at the very least can be on your 3rd line. You risk that for unknown commodity in the late rounds, case and point - Klimchuk, Poirier, Shinkurak. If your trading Bennett, he's either part of a package or it's a one for one trade of an NHL caliber player, not straight up for a draft pick.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camm13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #66
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm gonna get flamed, But I really think you can get a Kings ransom for Gaudreau from about 6 teams in the East. Tripping over themselves in an arms race. Does it hurt the Flames short term? yes. And as everyone will say, the team that gets the best player wins the trade. I get it. But I really think there's a massive overpayment out there for him.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #67
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sportsnet hosts on NHL Central made an interesting comparison as to what the Oilers did trading Hall for Larsson. Is Brodie equal to Larsson in value? Trading one of our core defensemen for an established top scoring winger. Trying to pick up a first for anyone of the core players make absolutely no sense. Draft outside of the top 3 is a crap shoot.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spuzzum For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #68
EM11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I'm gonna get flamed, But I really think you can get a Kings ransom for Gaudreau from about 6 teams in the East. Tripping over themselves in an arms race. Does it hurt the Flames short term? yes. And as everyone will say, the team that gets the best player wins the trade. I get it. But I really think there's a massive overpayment out there for him.
you are not the only one thinking it.
EM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EM11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #69
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would rather see Gaudreau play with a skilled RWer than move him...it would have to be one hell of a deal

Guy is at worst point per game this year playing on a team with next to no offence
Old 03-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #70
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I could see the Flames re-tooling. By re-tool, I mean trade 2 core pieces. That would mean two of:

Gaudreau
Monahan
Backlund
Tkachuk
Giordano
Brodie
Hamilton
I would trade Gio and not because I don't like him. I love him as a player BUT if we could pull some Poile style Weber for Suban type deal and avoid the back end of his contract or get a first line RW..... I would try Brodie back on his strong side and try to build up some value again and then trade him to for more forward scoring depth. I still believe we go no where with Backlund and Frolik as our second line. I like them both but ideally they are a top flight 3rd line pairing not a second line scoring paring. We can roll with Andersson and Valmaki on D. We probably wouldn't be much worse than we are now. Vegas makes due with a worse D on Paper.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:35 PM   #71
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

You have to trade quality for quality and sometimes blockbuster trades do work out. Look at Nashville (Jones for Johansson, Weber for Subban, Girard + parts for Turris)...

The Flames need to do something similar. Signing and trading for 2nd,3rd, 4th tier players like Frolik and Stone doesn't work.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #72
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see the Flames making any big moves unless Mony or Johnny wants out of Calgary. They theoretically have most of the pieces to build a cup contender but they just don't have anyone who knows how to put them together.

I'd give a proper coach ie Sutter/Q/AV a shot at righting the ship before moving off some key players. No more experimental first year rookie coaches or out of the box thinkers. We need a proven NHL winner.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 03-22-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 10:47 PM   #73
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Would trade hamonic and kulak to NYI for flames 1st and 2nd. Move Brodie back to his off wing. Bring up andersson and kylington. They're ready.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #74
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When was the last time a team traded a young scoring phenom and ended up on the better side of the trade?

Seguin? Hall?

Why are we considering trading Gaudreau again? So we can rebuild the rebuild? Because if we traded Gaudreau, we may as well trade away everyone not named Tkachuk and start from scratch.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:05 PM   #75
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’m listening. What would that massive overpayment look like? This team is not loaded with skill.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #76
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Teams spend lots of $$$ scouting each other. They all know Brodie is a bit of reclamation project right now. He's not getting the return some of you think he is this off-season. Hamilton is the only Dman on this roster that will bring what we need in return (top 6 FWD) plus a 1st rounder as a 'major shake up'.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Arizona - for obvious reasons.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #77
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Examples please, I'm dying to know how booting the 6.75M 85-90 point winger in his early prime brings the Flames closer to a cup.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #78
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Dougie is a hell of a lot more valuable than kreider (who I like as a player) and if you don't agree you are either trolling or you don't have a ####ing clue

No legit Flames fan would want trade Hamilton for Kreider straight up
I didn't mean a straight up trade. Kreider is a solid player he would bring alot to this team. Call me a troll all you want i can't stand soft one dimensional players. Dougie Hurts this team. I don't care how many goals he has. Oiler fans like personal stats not me.

Last edited by Kybb79; 03-22-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #79
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
When was the last time a team traded a young scoring phenom and ended up on the better side of the trade?

Seguin? Hall?

Why are we considering trading Gaudreau again? So we can rebuild the rebuild? Because if we traded Gaudreau, we may as well trade away everyone not named Tkachuk and start from scratch.
Look what the Flyers got for Richards, Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds. Look at what they got for Carter, Voracek and Couturier. Pretty much all core pieces of the Flyers now except for Schenn. Who Philly traded to saint loo for Lehtera and now drafted Morgan frost. Pretty good hauls.

Last edited by dammage79; 03-22-2018 at 11:23 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #80
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
I didn't mean a straight up trade. Kreider is a solid player he would bring alot to this team. Call me a troll all you want i can't stand soft one dimensional players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79
Kreider is worth Hamilton imo.
Really? It certainly looks like that is exactly what you suggested...considering you literally said it