Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #61
FlameX
Backup Goalie

Exp:

How about we keep it PG and go with

"Shirts tucked for Tkachuk".
FlameX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:50 AM   #62
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameX View Post

Shoot the puck for Tkachuk?
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #63
FlameX
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Shoot the puck for Tkachuk?
That's a good quote for when the Flames aren't shooting during a game.
FlameX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #64
Fuzzy14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I for one hope the Red Mile is kept relatively classy this year. Rowdy but appropriate. I'd hate for us to end up on the news and lose the moral high ground we've enjoyed over edmonton and vancouver for all these years.
Fuzzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #65
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy14 View Post
I for one hope the Red Mile is kept relatively classy this year. Rowdy but appropriate. I'd hate for us to end up on the news and lose the moral high ground we've enjoyed over edmonton and vancouver for all these years.
In 2015 game three? maybe four. A garbage can got in inadvertently knocked over. A group of us stopped picked it up, put the trash back in it while chanting "we're better than Vancouver."

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 04-03-2019 at 10:29 AM.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #66
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
All we have to do is keep the sweatpant ratio below 50% and not burn our city down. It's a pretty low bar they've set. I think we're good.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #67
ToraToraTora
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
That's a pretty low standard. Vancouver had their riots.

Edmonton's "Copper Mile" was interesting. I lived in Edmonton then, a few blocks off Whyte (on 87th by campus). It was utterly ridiculous. After the Oilers won round 1, a bunch of us went to Whyte. We saw a guy driving a truck full of pallets on the way, asked him what he was doing with all of them, and he said he was going to go to Whyte and light them on fire. He was a man of his word.

Saw some girls in a shopping cart lifted up flashing, so what happens, but someone pitches fireworks in. Just troglodytic behavior.

Also saw a lot of people trying to shimmy across the wire traffic lights and falling off into the crowds below. Throwing bottles at firefighters on top of buildings. What good times.

Calgary is going to have to go out of their way to get to that level, because a lot of that is just Edmonton culture. It is inherently more blue collar and violent. Gods, I miss it sometimes. I don't even know if Calgarians could find a load of pallets to torch in the middle of a major street, let alone even consider it.

FTR, I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, absolutely loved it, would move back again (probably because it was during Uni, so best years of your life). It also really solidified me as a Flames fan that hates the Oilers.
ToraToraTora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToraToraTora For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #68
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
All we have to do is keep the sweatpant ratio below 50% and not burn our city down. It's a pretty low bar they've set. I think we're good.
I don't understand the irrational hatred for sweat pants. They are damn comfortable, and don't hurt my gut when I sit. This, coming from a middle class working professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmoggyFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #69
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraToraTora View Post
That's a pretty low standard. Vancouver had their riots.

Edmonton's "Copper Mile" was interesting. I lived in Edmonton then, a few blocks off Whyte (on 87th by campus). It was utterly ridiculous. After the Oilers won round 1, a bunch of us went to Whyte. We saw a guy driving a truck full of pallets on the way, asked him what he was doing with all of them, and he said he was going to go to Whyte and light them on fire. He was a man of his word.

Saw some girls in a shopping cart lifted up flashing, so what happens, but someone pitches fireworks in. Just troglodytic behavior.

Also saw a lot of people trying to shimmy across the wire traffic lights and falling off into the crowds below. Throwing bottles at firefighters on top of buildings. What good times.

Calgary is going to have to go out of their way to get to that level, because a lot of that is just Edmonton culture. It is inherently more blue collar and violent. Gods, I miss it sometimes. I don't even know if Calgarians could find a load of pallets to torch in the middle of a major street, let alone even consider it.

FTR, I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, absolutely loved it, would move back again (probably because it was during Uni, so best years of your life). It also really solidified me as a Flames fan that hates the Oilers.
8 years of Uni? Wow, congratulations on your multiple doctorates...
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #70
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
I don't understand the irrational hatred for sweat pants. They are damn comfortable, and don't hurt my gut when I sit. This, coming from a middle class working professional.
It's not the fact that you wear them, it's when and where. Do you wear them to work?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #71
ToraToraTora
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
BA with a victory lap, and an LLB.
ToraToraTora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToraToraTora For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #72
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There was nothing inherently wrong with the swastika as a symbol, either, until it became associated with the Nazis.

... to be clear, in this analogy, Oilers fans are the Nazis.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #73
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
If someone gets a doctorate in 8 years, they are by all accounts a genius and an over achiever.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #74
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameX View Post

Moderation fun for everyone. Yeah that’s this year’s new slogan for the not so red mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #75
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthebacklund View Post
Did it happen in 2015? Funny now that I am a father with a beautiful daughter my perspective on this matter has changed. I don't know how I would feel if she was a young adult headed to the red mile. While I would love for her to take in the experience I once had with fellow fans, I would be concerned some of the things I had witnessed would happen to her. They were very limited in the scope of things but still.

I would love to hear how some of the young women from 04 feel on the matter now.

I was 21 in 04 and it was so much fun. Now I would feel like that old guy that’s creeping on some young women. But with that said, I’ll probably hit up a pub and hang out with the same people that I did back then. And my wife who was also with me in 04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #76
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
It's not the fact that you wear them, it's when and where. Do you wear them to work?
Of course not, but what people do/wear on their personal time is their own business - providing that it does not infringe upon anyone else's right to do the same. If people choose to wear sweat pants in public (I do it too, it feels good, and frankly I don't give a damn what anyone thinks), who are we to judge?

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 04-03-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #77
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If people choose to wear sweat pants in public who are we to judge?

Better people. We're better people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #78
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This town does need another '04.

From the business boom aspect to the roudy fun to people simply coming together as a community to celebrate. Nearly half the population was imported since that time and don't know what its all about. Some don't even know Iginla as a household name today. It's a travesty. This all must change and new legends made. And this time redemption against those wicked Shazams of the east.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #79
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
If someone gets a doctorate in 8 years, they are by all accounts a genius and an over achiever.
I know - i was kidding him/her...
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #80
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames.Central View Post
I unfortunately live in enemy territory (Edmonton). Wondering if I shall pull out the car flag from 04. If I do I fully expect some key scratches on my vehicle.

When I lived in enemy territory I would take it off when I parked and threw it back up when I was driving.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote