Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #3001
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Scripts leaked in the HBO hack last month.
So, is there anything out there from the final episode or not?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #3002
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
So, is there anything out there from the final episode or not?
Dunno, I'm not googling that minefield
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #3003
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Steve deserves the same fate as the sand vipers.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #3004
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Gotta be honest, I was not a fan of that episode. Some cool stuff happened but plot wise I wasn't digging it.

Poor explanation and execution of time and distance for once really bothered me. Why not have it that Dany chose to go? Why the stupid Gendry thing?

Arya has suddenly become an unrelatable psychopath. Sansa has lost all her confidence from last season. The entire set up for their conflict was so poorly executed. Not a terrible idea, just terrible set up and delivery. If Arya can sense truth from a lie so easily, why didn't she sense Sansa was telling the truth she earlier? How did Arya not realize she's getting played by Littlefinger if she's so smart and sneaky?

Fights were cool, ice dragon is cool, the magnificent seven were as amazing as I'd hoped, Dany and Jon being in love despite the dirtiness is interesting.
Not sure I agree with that. I feel it's more that they're situation is a little mysterious, as in it's not exactly clear what each of them is up to and to what extent each of them is playing the game.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #3005
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Not sure I agree with that. I feel it's more that they're situation is a little mysterious, as in it's not exactly clear what each of them is up to and to what extent each of them is playing the game.
Even if that were the case, which I don't think it is, I would still say it has been terribly executed.

I don't buy for a second this is Arya and Sansa playing the game or either of them being tempted with power. It is purely they are getting played by Littlefinger and don't trust each other.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #3006
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The gore of Viserions death shook me. The night King took the most intimidating beast ever seen and essentially squished it like a bug. Felt so bad for the smallest dragon. I also blame Snow for that, instead of going deeper into his rampage trying to defend his crew, he should have turned and ran when they called his name.

Arya isn't crazy. She sees right through sansas desires. She pointing out that in sansas head she is playing Cersei game of thrones and is clearly biting the little finger hook. Although I do suspect the only person that's going to keep Sansa in line is Arya. Aryas not going to slay family. She's %100 percent waiting for Jon to return. Then she will go and finish her list with her bag of faces.

As a fantasy nerd I'm eagerly awaiting a Dragon vs. Ice Dragon battle. It's going to be off the hizzy.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #3007
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Even if that were the case, which I don't think it is, I would still say it has been terribly executed.

I don't buy for a second this is Arya and Sansa playing the game or either of them being tempted with power. It is purely they are getting played by Littlefinger and don't trust each other.
If it is as simple as that, then I agree that it has maybe been clumsier than it could have been and lacks the subtlety of a build-up in the tension between the two. Nonetheless, I suspect there's more to it than that. For it to be so straightforward would seem inconsistent with the relationships and motivations of characters in this world.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #3008
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Ban this loser please.
100x this
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #3009
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was really hoping for Little Finger's face to be shown in Arya's collection. That would have meant that the entire previous Sansa-LF conversation was actually Arya.

Sucks that Viserion is now a white walker because Jon didn't hurry up and escape. As predictable as it was that Dany was going to fly in to the rescue, it was still shocking to see Viserion spilling his guts all over the ice.

Nice little call back to Mance not bending the knee by Tormund, and Jon finally learning from that.

And couldn't agree more about Benjen. What a waste of a reunion between him and Jon...I guess all the reunions we have left are when Viserion, Hodor, Summer and Jojen Reed show up as members of the zombie army.
mac_82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:05 PM   #3010
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The feeling I get in the Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger situation is that Littlefinger is playing Arya like a fiddle. Sansa is aware of this, but is thrown off because she can't predict with any certainty what Arya will do. Littlefinger thinks the unpredictable will help him out, because he always thinks this. Bran needs to intercede.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #3011
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_82 View Post
I guess all the reunions we have left are when Viserion, Hodor, Summer and Jojen Reed show up as members of the zombie army.
Jon and Arya, Jon and Bran trumps all of those.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 08-21-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:12 PM   #3012
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was really hoping for Little Finger's face to be shown in Arya's collection. That would have meant that the entire previous Sansa-LF conversation was actually Arya.

Sucks that Viserion is now a white walker because Jon didn't hurry up and escape. As predictable as it was that Dany was going to fly in to the rescue, it was still shocking to see Viserion spilling his guts all over the ice.

Nice little call back to Mance not bending the knee by Tormund, and Jon finally learning from that.

And couldn't agree more about Benjen. What a waste of a reunion between him and Jon...I guess all the reunions we have left are when Viserion, Hodor, Summer and Jojen Reed show up as members of the zombie army.
The interesting thing was that the white walker's ice weapons seem like their equivalent of dragon glass with the way it took down a fire creature so instantly.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:12 PM   #3013
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Does the ice dragon breath blue fire or ice??
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #3014
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
That's the question the nerd in me wants to know. Could go either way.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #3015
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't we all write this script after the magnificent 7 were going across the wall last episode? A little surprised it wasn't more of a swerve.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #3016
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
That's the question the nerd in me wants to know. Could go either way.
Paging steve.

Jokes aside, would it be better if long speculation posts go in spoilers? As life as in this thread, there is always going to be an a-hole or two.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #3017
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It better be frost breath.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #3018
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Jon and Arya, Jon and Bran Trump's all of those.
True. I guess we can hope for Brienne and Tormund for some laughs. And Sam will show up eventually to meet Jon. And Clegane-bowl. I just hope they aren't as glazed over as the Benjen reunion.
The Following User Says Thank You to mac_82 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #3019
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Also interesting that for the first time Dany was actually talking about how they will "break the wheel".

It has been mentioned repeatedly that she will not have children. Her dragons are her children. So even if she gets married - she will not produce an heir to the throne. It was also hinted by Dario that she is a conqueror, not a ruler. With Tyron mentioning the elections of the Night's Watch and the Iron Born, it will be interesting to see what her eventual plan is for Westeros. Democracy?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #3020
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
True. I guess we can hope for Brienne and Tormund for some laughs. And Sam will show up eventually to meet Jon. And Clegane-bowl. I just hope they aren't as glazed over as the Benjen reunion.
Wonder how they'll fit Sam's time in to the remaining storyline. With his dad and brother burnt, he should be the head of house Tarly, and the last we saw of him was him saying he wants to do more than just read. He's got the Valyrian steel blade. Would seem everything is set up for him to see some action back at Jon's side.