Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2022, 12:08 PM   #261
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-t...oner-1.5737464

Is it just Quebec who requires a booster to be "protected"?
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #262
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I agree that all people should be self aware.

Personally I completely understand the hatred for Trudeau but it’s not worth discussing anymore on Calgarypuck. It’s also not only due to the COVID restrictions or the convoy Emergency Act thing or the SNC Lavelin debacle or on the injecting trillions into economic stimulus and saying you don’t think about monetary policy during a completely unnecessary election cycle to stroke your own ego rendering in mass inflation and deteriorating quality of life for Canadians or the WE scandal or the handling of the armed forces or the handling of Afghanistan or the strict adherence to climate change and abandonment of Canadas resource based economy to a ??? Economy with no real plan or the seemingly endless vacuous photo ops designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator of society but with no real effectual change or policy implementation resulting therefrom or the…….. or the…. Or the…

Yeah I just have no idea why people would not like Trudeau.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 12:13 PM   #263
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah, I agree. It's become pretty tedious that this thread keeps coming back to Canadian Federal Politic discussion. If people want to discuss that they should find their own thread.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:14 PM   #264
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clearly many supporters of opposing parties are going to dislike him because he's affiliated with the party they oppose but digging deeper I think a lot of people (myself included) seem him as one of the least genuine of politicians as I don't think there's ever been as big a phony in Canadian politics.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-15-2022 at 12:16 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #265
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think there's ever been as big a phony in Canadian politics.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OptimalTates For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #266
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I agree that all people should be self aware.

Personally I completely understand the hatred for Trudeau but it’s not worth discussing anymore on Calgarypuck. It’s also not only due to the COVID restrictions or the convoy Emergency Act thing or the SNC Lavelin debacle or on the injecting trillions into economic stimulus and saying you don’t think about monetary policy during a completely unnecessary election cycle to stroke your own ego rendering in mass inflation and deteriorating quality of life for Canadians or the WE scandal or the handling of the armed forces or the handling of Afghanistan or the strict adherence to climate change and abandonment of Canadas resource based economy to a ??? Economy with no real plan or the seemingly endless vacuous photo ops designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator of society but with no real effectual change or policy implementation resulting therefrom or the…….. or the…. Or the…

Yeah I just have no idea why people would not like Trudeau.
Because even though he is a brainless moron he at least listened to the doctors.

Imagine how royally effed we would have been if Scheer was our PM? The Cons are not even a viable party anymore.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:17 PM   #267
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Kenny just isn't a good leader.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 12:22 PM   #268
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Clearly many supporters of opposing parties are going to dislike him because he's affiliated with the party they oppose but digging deeper I think a lot of people (myself included) seem him as one of the least genuine of politicians as I don't think there's ever been as big a phony in Canadian politics.
Rob Anders and it's not even close.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:44 PM   #269
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Rob Anders and it's not even close.
Rob Anders was not a phony, he was openly terrible.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #270
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Oh no, you can do whatever you want, you just need to be self-aware that's all.

But totally for sure man, belittling and mocking people is the best, let it rip and then in the next thread wax poetic about social justice in search of thanks. Makes sense.
It does make sense, unless you think having a dumb opinion like advocating for the Canadian economy to run on crypto just weeks before a historic crash should be as untouchable as something like being born gay or trans. I think most people are able to laugh at a dumb opinion and think laws that are harmful to marginalised folks are bad. Cause you know… most people see a difference between being rude and things like jailing and killing people. But uh, not you I take it?

I dunno, maybe you should be some of your “use nicer words!” energy into a cause for social justice. Think of the mountains you could move with that ambition!

Or just keep paying attention to the thanks my posts get, I guess. Cool hobby. Sounds fun.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 01:00 PM   #271
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Think it was some 60% of 18+ population that had a booster. Kids lagging because of the 5 month requirement and delayed approval process.

But if it became a requirement for pretty much anything to get a booster, I highly doubt those who had (previously) been fully vaccinated would care too much. I don't think it's necessary but if the science supported it, why not?
Yup, for most people who already got 2 jabs there are probably two main reasons for not yet getting a third:

1. Laziness/mild inconvenience of booking and actually going
2. They got COVID somewhere along the line and it makes sense to wait a bit longer to extend protection time from the booster
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:56 PM   #272
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post

I do believe this columnist does have a specific dislike for Trudeau (similar to my own), but I would be quite upset if Trudeau brought back measures that were not necessary.
He is a founder of the Rebel Media... The guy may have quit claiming he had standards, he still helped found a right-wing propaganda company he knew would be peddling half truths.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 02:36 PM   #273
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Yup, for most people who already got 2 jabs there are probably two main reasons for not yet getting a third:

1. Laziness/mild inconvenience of booking and actually going
2. They got COVID somewhere along the line and it makes sense to wait a bit longer to extend protection time from the booster
Yup. This was me. I got COVID before I could get the booster so I just waited.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:49 PM   #274
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Runaway inflation (remember when the regular supporters were parroting the BoC transitionary remarks last year?), skyrocketing interest rates in hopes of preventing an economic collapse, brink of a new recession, potential housing crash, energy crisis as a result of poor policies and the Ukraine war, an imminent food shortage crisis that can cause millions of lives.

Current priority for the Liberal and their NDP puppet?

Vote to cut debate on C-11 censorship bill to ram it in again.

https://www.michaelgeist.ca/2022/06/...ugh-committee/

Quote:
But the betrayal of democratic norms is ultimately about Rodriguez, the government, and the NDP support for the approach that was virtually guaranteed to result in cutting off debate and appropriate review. While there might have been a case for requiring the committee to set a date for clause-by-clause review, there was no reason to impose draconian limits on that review. That decision was both indefensible and entirely unnecessary given that there is no deadline for passing Bill C-11 and nothing turns on the bill passing through the House of Commons before the summer recess.
Remember the narrative though, Pierre Poilievre is the scary one.

What is the Liberal's obsession and motive to push this through to the ferocity they have?

Last edited by Firebot; 06-15-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #275
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Remember the narrative though, Pierre Poilievre is the scary one.
Yeah. We should vote for Skippy. He’s not scary. Plus, when we vote for Skippy, he’ll let us opt of inflation by investing heavily in crypto! What could go wrong?
Old 06-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #276
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've lost track of who Skippy is again. So many Skippys.

The fact that PP might be just as deplorable as JT, doesn't alter the fact that government censorship of the internet is a bad day for everyone except the government and anyone that gives them money. It creates an avenue for corruption.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:24 PM   #277
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I've lost track of who Skippy is again. So many Skippys.

The fact that PP might be just as deplorable as JT, doesn't alter the fact that government censorship of the internet is a bad day for everyone except the government and anyone that gives them money. It creates an avenue for corruption.
Skippy = PP’s nickname in the Conservative Party. I think people have randomly called other politicians skippy because they think it sounds funny.

And yeah, I agree. I was just making the opposite point: just because Bill C-11 sucks for just about everyone doesn’t mean PP isn’t scary. People can connect these things and talk about “narratives” if they want, but they literally have zero bearing on each other. PP being so dumb it’s scary doesn’t make C-11 a good bill, and C-11 being a #### bill doesnt make PP some prize winning horse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 06:54 PM   #278
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah. We should vote for Skippy. He’s not scary. Plus, when we vote for Skippy, he’ll let us opt of inflation by investing heavily in crypto! What could go wrong?
Bitcoin is an inflation hedge. If you invested 100,000 in it on January 1st it would be worth 47,940 dollars today. It prevents inflation of your assets.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aarongavey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 07:18 PM   #279
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Bitcoin is an inflation hedge. If you invested 100,000 in it on January 1st it would be worth 47,940 dollars today. It prevents inflation of your assets.
Yet if you invested that money 2 years ago into bitcoin then sold at its all time high it would be worth 2 million dollars.

Cherry picking numbers. You are not wrong, neither am I.
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:41 PM   #280
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Buy high, sell low. This is a motto all governments live by.