Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #121
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Inhaling plant matter is clearly far more harmful than a cigarette!

simple solution....hashbrownies!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #122
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Unless you grow your own, you are funding organized crime!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #123
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Did you celebrate a little early?

Is it just me or is there not a glaring contradiction in that article?

Studies have provided plenty of empirical evidence for both sides... take a look at http://safeaccess.ca/research/. Plenty of material to sift through there.

Cigarette: Ammonia, Carbon monoxide, Benzene, Acetone...etc
Joint: Natural plant.

I think I know which one I'd be safer inhaling..
Even natural things have those chemicals in them. If you took marijuana smoke and analyzed what chemicals it was composed of, I am sure that you would find many of the same as tobacco. Benzene for example, is a natural occuring organic chemical in many things. Ammonia is also found all over nature.

Just because something is natural, it doesn't mean that it isn't harmful.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #124
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh god the "is weed bad for you?" talk again....I'm outta here you guys are killing my buzz.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #125
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Oh god the "is weed bad for you?" talk again....I'm outta here you guys are killing my buzz.

may i direct your attention towards the funny and cool pictures/video thread.

to those who enjoy this day, enjoy your 420.

to those who don't, enjoy your april 20th and take your non smoking eyes away from this thread.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #126
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
420 day is the antithesis of responsible marijuana enjoyment. Potheads smoke everywhere and do so without the respect for others that should be practiced. In short, 420 is the turd in the punchbowl that is responsible use for pot smokers.
I'm not sure I fully get what it means to celebrate on 420. I thought it just meant to smoke weed at 4:20pm on April 20th. Someone was saying today here in Edmonton that they go to the Legislature and just go buck out front, like hundreds of peaceful protestors. I didn't realize that. No way would I do that. I just celey'd in my back yard with my buddy at 4:20, and then went inside and played some NHL'10. The post-final exam session is pretty tasty.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #127
Bibtin Tex
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have no money to spend, and everyone bailed. This day is quite the disappointment.
Bibtin Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #128
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I, uh, totally forgot what I was going to post. here's some bill hicks

e: totally NWS language and....woah, there's like, a universe in my hands...they can touch everything....but themselves....

Last edited by Matata; 04-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #129
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I just celey'd in my back yard with my buddy at 4:20, and then went inside and played some NHL'10. The post-final exam session is pretty tasty.
Did you make sure you had some Appy's and Bevy's as well?

I seriously believe 90% of pot smokers do it because they think it makes them seem cool, and use words like "cely'd" while they are at The Hill pulling off sick tricks on their Burton, talking like adult snow surfer dude ######s all while trying to do everything possible to have their lives resemble a Molson Canadian commercial.

Kinda sad in a way.

It's no longer counter culture, as much as pot smokers would lead you to believe.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #130
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I seriously believe 90% of pot smokers do it because they think it makes them seem cool
Oh man am I ever busted.

Only person that is sad is the one who thinks this is actually true.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #131
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm not sure I fully get what it means to celebrate on 420. I thought it just meant to smoke weed at 4:20pm on April 20th. Someone was saying today here in Edmonton that they go to the Legislature and just go buck out front, like hundreds of peaceful protestors. I didn't realize that. No way would I do that. I just celey'd in my back yard with my buddy at 4:20, and then went inside and played some NHL'10. The post-final exam session is pretty tasty.
There's some kind of political rally in Vancouver every 420 where a huge crowd gathers to smoke weed and the "po-lice" do nothing. I guess it's that kind of idea

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 04-20-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #132
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Did you make sure you had some Appy's and Bevy's as well?

I seriously believe 90% of pot smokers do it because they think it makes them seem cool, and use words like "cely'd" while they are at The Hill pulling off sick tricks on their Burton, talking like adult snow surfer dude ######s all while trying to do everything possible to have their lives resemble a Molson Canadian commercial.

Kinda sad in a way.

It's no longer counter culture, as much as pot smokers would lead you to believe.
Hahaha nice rant, there slick. Damn kids, stay off my lawn! I smoke weed a bit in the summer and over Christmas break when I see my family, and that's about it. And I've never snowboarded in my life. In fact, in the last 15 years I've probably hit the hill once. Take er easy, sounds like some 420 celey'n would help you out a little(and no I don't mean by rallying/publicly doing it. That's stupid. I didn't even know that's what 420 meant).
Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #133
rockstar
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
There's some kind of political rally in Vancouver every 420 where a huge crowd gathers to smoke weed and the "po-lice" do nothing. I guess it's that kind of idea
Yep. They've been outside the VAG all day en masse. And I mean en masse. Hundreds of stoned adolescents of all ages.

Downtown is under a big stinky cloud.

rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #134
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
Yep. They've been outside the VAG all day en masse. And I mean en masse. Hundreds of stoned adolescents of all ages.

Downtown is under a big stinky cloud.
Do they have signage saying "WE DO IT TO LOOK COOL!!!" ???
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #135
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think it's sad that most people go through life looking through the pinhole of singular perspective without opening their minds and souls to the possibilities of the infinite. But I don't go around being a dick about it (except now, but I'm making a point dadgummit)
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #136
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
There's some kind of political rally in Vancouver every 420 where a huge crowd gathers to smoke weed and the Police do nothing. I guess it's that kind of idea
Ya that's kinda stupid. I do it occasionally but have no desire to announce it to the world and lobby for it(though I think its only a matter of time before its legislated). I just think its fun to do once in awhile in the summer when you're relaxin on a deck having a beer in the summer with the guys, or camping or something.

I really don't care if some people don't like it, more power to ya. I got a few buddies that do it quite a bit and a few that don't even touch it. I think you definitely have to be more of a "B Type" personality for it. Usually my friends that don't like it are the more serious, always on the go types, or the really rowdy type that can never settle down. Whatever, I don't really care. More for me.

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #137
rockstar
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do they have signage saying "WE DO IT TO LOOK COOL!!!" ???
Nah. I'm surprised they actually get off their asses to go down there.

They might as well have signs that say "LOOK WHAT WE DO EVERY DAY!" while the reggae beats fill the air.

rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #138
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Oh man am I ever busted.

Only person that is sad is the one who thinks this is actually true.

Yes, yes..... I am a sad individual for not thinking getting high is a smart idea.

I have no issues with peoples choices, you want to be an idiot and partake in an illegal activity which could have serious future reprucussions in your life, so be it. Personally I feel they should legalize it simply to take the crimial element away. If you are so stupid that you are willing to kill millions of brain cells daily, have at it, and if it is legal, likely you will double your brain killing'ness. Just makes me look smarter long term.

But pot smokers seem to think they are so enlightened over the rest of the world because they get high. I don't know one 'chronic' user from my youth that ever turned into a success story later in life. Period.

But what do I know, I never have done drugs, I must be dumb.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #139
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Reggae would make it cool.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #140
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think it's sad that most people go through life looking through the pinhole of singular perspective without opening their minds and souls to the possibilities of the infinite. But I don't go around being a dick about it (except now, but I'm making a point dadgummit)
So what you're saying is you totally celebrated today
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post: