Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #241
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Does the beta for the consoles only get operation metro?
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #242
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the Caspian Border servers have changed passwords
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #243
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Looks like the Caspian Border servers have changed passwords
shoppingcartsareagoodride
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #244
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

starting to get the hang of things a lot more, helps when i'm finally figuring out the map. managed to actually get on a Caspian Border server, a damn near impossible feat, and become completely lost again. i quickly learned that mouse controls are useless in a jet and that the map is way too damn big if you don't have a vehicle. i'm definitely gonna have to buy a new joystick for retail
Old 09-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #245
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah able to be in the middle of the scores now instead of the bottom, man I hate Metro though.

And dumb players, there was 3 snipers on the island on the first stage.. just ignored them and won easily. Now I remember why I play on a clan TF2 server.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #246
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I seem to be better at using the pistols than whatever the bigger guns used for non-recon classes are.

I usually never change from recon now as it has both close and long range weapons. I just can't seem to handle the recoil from the bigger guns like other people can.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #247
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is there any way to change the resolution? It seems I'm zoomed in and all the periphery is cut off.

zarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #248
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well after a 43-15 run as a support gunner, i have to say BF3 is awesome. quirks aside i'm already seeing myself playing this for a lot longer than i did Bad Company 2. i'm guessing though they have the leveling speed ramped up for the beta, because i just got 6 promotions in the span of 90 minutes

i was wary about putting prone back in the game, but after getting used to it i'm quite happy with it. makes for a great way to move forward under heavy enemy fire, laydown a thick blanket of suppressive fire (awesome new feature btw), and easy headshots on the campers

sticking an M249 SAW on a tripod on one of the window ledges during the final leg of Metro is almost unfair
Old 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #249
THE SCUD
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrell View Post
Is there any way to change the resolution? It seems I'm zoomed in and all the periphery is cut off.
Yes, there is a FOV slider in the video options, HOWEVER it is disabled in the beta. Should help in the release version.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
THE SCUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #250
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like all CB servers have been taken down.

I'd think, if anything, they'd want to test out that map.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #251
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not sure how the PC beta is going, but the console beta is littered with glitches. Falling through the map into limbo, constant lighting issues (fluorescent tube looking things in the middle of the game), screen tearing, lag, bullet delay.

I'm glad they had a beta so they could fix some of this crap up before release. Hopefully the next 25 days they work their asses off.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #252
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PC beta sounds a little better than that, but all the problems you've mentioned I've seen at least a couple times while playing.

I have a lot of screen tearing/flashing issues in on specific place on the map usually. Unplayable for me in that area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABIyFYkJts

Last edited by Ashasx; 10-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #253
kn
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So as someone who hasn't played FPS in several years, is there any hope of getting into BF3? I guess I should play the solo-campaign for a while before trying multi-player? I know if I'd join a group, I'd easily be the worst player.
kn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #254
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
The PC beta sounds a little better than that, but all the problems you've mentioned I've seen at least a couple times while playing.

I have a lot of screen tearing/flashing issues in on specific place on the map usually. Unplayable for me in that area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABIyFYkJts
Reminds me of playing counter-strike with no_clip.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #255
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not impressed with the beta... boring just playing by yourself. Whereas COD, you CAN have fun playing by yourself.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #256
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Not impressed with the beta... boring just playing by yourself. Whereas COD, you CAN have fun playing by yourself.
That's because Battlefield is a team game and CoD is an arcade shooter.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #257
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Metro is very much a COD style map, so I don't know why they'd choose it for testing. Caspian needs a ton of testing.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #258
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn View Post
So as someone who hasn't played FPS in several years, is there any hope of getting into BF3? I guess I should play the solo-campaign for a while before trying multi-player? I know if I'd join a group, I'd easily be the worst player.
You should play - you don't have to be a fast twitch killa to be good and have fun at BF. Be a team guy - heal, revive, suppress and repair and you can top the scoreboard.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #259
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I gotta stop playing, I keep trying to unlock things which of course I won't have when the game actually comes out, and it seems every time I have a good round the server crashes and I lose all the progress.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #260
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
You should play - you don't have to be a fast twitch killa to be good and have fun at BF. Be a team guy - heal, revive, suppress and repair and you can top the scoreboard.
Very true. When I played the CoD games all I cared was my K/D ratio (I know right..) and I'd usually do quite well (16-11 or around there). In Battlefield though my K/D was terrible and I really didn't care, I wanted to win. I would be going 5-16 in rounds but I'd finish in the top 3 of the leaderboard because I'd heal everyone, arm every charge, disarm everything, etc.

You still get those monkeys though who all they care for is their K/D (in Battlefield) and make no effort to actually win the game. Instead of going to arm the charge (we'll have like 5 lives left before we lose), he'll just camp and try and get kills. That's what annoys me, and that is just from people bleeding in from CoD.

I could write an Essay on why I believe Call of Duty has ruined online gaming and the gaming industry in general, but I won't.

My point is I agree with you, you don't have to have a good trigger finger to be a pro at Battlefield, just use common sense.