Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #161
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperiggy View Post
As for me, never smoked pot in my life, and I don't intend to. No interest in it so what's the point?
No point, you could choose to not do lots of things, certainly no harm done if you don't ever partake.

But its a matter of risk/reward with drugs, skydiving, booze, etc.. You do whatever you want in life, some will tell you psychedelics are persception changing, and having done some it certainly is quite an amazing experience.

Point being don't let laws based on ignorance and fear decide for you; choose to live your life according to what makes sense to you.

I have tried mdma for example, something to this day was an amazing experience on a houseboat with close friends in an amazing environment. Now you could say I'm stupid to do that drug, but I know the risks, and the reward was an amazing experience I will never forget.

So its not a simple answer to doing or not doing drugs, we prescribe all kinds of mind altering drugs that people have zero problem doing or condoning. Yet because some drugs are illegal people demonize them, some deserving of that and many not deserving of such a label.

Its really also all about moderation.
DFO
Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #162
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
How old is your girlfriend? Honestly if you or her are over 18 you should ditch that friend. Sounds pretty immature if you ask me. I always ask everyone before I go out to light up and whoever wants to come, can come. Sometimes jokingly I say "All the cool kids are doing it" but not in a serious manor.

"Missing out" haha ya your girlfriend is ruining her life by saying no to drugs! That chick sounds like a loser if you want my honest opinion, she is the type that gets the rest painted with the brush of thinking you are "cool" if you smoke weed. And one thing it isn't is 'good for you', but how sweet would it be if it was!!
My girlfriend is 24, the other chick is 27. I kind of can't really ditch her as a friend because she's three of my good friends' sister and my best friend's girlfriend. She's actually a pretty good person, but she is kind of loser when it comes to the whole pot-smoking thing. The girl can't even go to work without getting baked.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #163
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The issue that I have with weed, is that since it isn't legal and therefore regulated, you really aren't sure what exactly it is you're smoking.

Now if it were legalized, I wonder if there might be a positive effect in that people don't get sucked into harder drugs that are laced into their pot.
That's really very rare. Most pot dealers are flaky hippies who grow it in their closets. It makes no sense to lace pot with harder drugs because they'd have to sell the pot at a higher price to make their money back. Not to mention the fact that you can't really get someone addicted to something when they don't know what it is.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #164
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Did you celebrate a little early?

Is it just me or is there not a glaring contradiction in that article?

Studies have provided plenty of empirical evidence for both sides... take a look at http://safeaccess.ca/research/. Plenty of material to sift through there.

Cigarette: Ammonia, Carbon monoxide, Benzene, Acetone...etc
Joint: Natural plant.

I think I know which one I'd be safer inhaling..
Okay, that was in fact the most ######ed post I've ever read.

TOBACCO IS A NATURAL PLANT TOO!

Edit: Just to add, some of those are products of combustion (ie, if you honestly think Carbon Monoxide is present only in a Cigarette becase pot is a "Natural plant", then I'm guessing you smoke way too much weed)

Secondly, check out this little linky: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_info3.shtml

looks like your "natural plant" contains comporable levels of just about every chemical listed there.

So in conclusion, your "Carbon Monoxide" vs "Natural Plant" argument, is the most ######ed argument I've ever heard.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 04-20-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #165
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

mmmm 11 o clock perogies
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #166
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I admit I'm a smoker, I hate myself for it, but its a habit that I picked up when I was younger and I've never been able to consistently shake it.

But the two times I smoked Grass when I was younger I wasn't a big fan of it.

When something changes the way that your body or brain functions, to me thats a clear sign that your bodies screaming, quit f$$king with my chemistry balance, your doing damage.

Its the same with liquor, when you get drunk, its your body telling you that your poisoning it.

When you do other drugs, its the same thing.

Personally I don't care one way or another if they legalize that stuff, as long as I get a cut of the tax revenue. But the argument that making it legally will reduce the criminal element doesn't work for me either. The criminal element thats involved in dealing is going to find a way to make it more potent or cheaper, or they're going to work harder to find a substitute revenue stream.

As I mentioned before, legalize it, force a standardization in manufacturing, if you want to grow it you have to pay taxes on your revenue, and you have to live up to a standard of toxicity. Selling or distributing the stuff to anyone under the age of 18 to me remains a crime, and using and driving should fall under the same crime as drinking and driving.

Set up stores that can sell it, and monitor its usage.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #167
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder if there might be a positive effect in that people don't get sucked into harder drugs that are laced into their pot.
This is one scare tactic that has always made me scratch my head. It doesn't make sense.

"Lacing" harder drugs into pot is like The Colonel sneaking beluga caviar under the skin of your Kentucky Fried Chicken and not telling you about it. "Lacing" the weed you sell with some secondary, harder drug costs money. They aren't going to give it away. They aren't drug givers, they are drug dealers.

I'm not saying that it hasn't or doesn't happen, but common sense tells me that if you are going to buy some weed, you are much more likely to have it laced with oregano than you are with heroin or something.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #168
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
This is one scare tactic that has always made me scratch my head. It doesn't make sense.

"Lacing" harder drugs into pot is like The Colonel sneaking beluga caviar under the skin of your Kentucky Fried Chicken and not telling you about it. "Lacing" the weed you sell with some secondary, harder drug costs money. They aren't going to give it away. They aren't drug givers, they are drug dealers.

I'm not saying that it hasn't or doesn't happen, but common sense tells me that if you are going to buy some weed, you are much more likely to have it laced with oregano than you are with heroin or something.
Oh man, having an awesome snow capped blunt? So good. Man I'd be pissed if some hippie laced my drugs with oregano. Damn you, I'm trying to get high not make marinara!
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #169
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post

I think Rouge has me on ignore.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #170
Leon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Okay, that was in fact the most ######ed post I've ever read.

TOBACCO IS A NATURAL PLANT TOO!

Edit: Just to add, some of those are products of combustion (ie, if you honestly think Carbon Monoxide is present only in a Cigarette becase pot is a "Natural plant", then I'm guessing you smoke way too much weed)

Secondly, check out this little linky: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_info3.shtml

looks like your "natural plant" contains comporable levels of just about every chemical listed there.

So in conclusion, your "Carbon Monoxide" vs "Natural Plant" argument, is the most ######ed argument I've ever heard.
I still know which one I'd rather be smoking, and I would probably need one after reading your post. Is everything you don't agree with '######ed'?

''The Phaneuf - Regehr pairing reminds me a lot of when I'm having sex with a new partner'' -malcomk14
''Not only is he a good player, but I enjoy his company'' -Pierre Mcguire on Phaneuf

"I'm only watching now for the chance to see brief close-ups of White's moustache." - rockstar
</br>

Last edited by Leon; 04-21-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #171
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
The "Does Cannabis make you dumb?" argument will never be won, as there are as many studies that suggest it does than doesn't. However, I do not consider it coincidence that the stoners I knew growing up that still love their weed, kinda seem not all there now, and are like the people in Riley Park Troutman was talking about.

Not every stoner is a lazy bum, that is an unfair statement to make. However, the people in their 20's and 30's I work with, that are regular cannabis smokers, tend to not be the sharpest knives in the drawer. They are typically the people regularly calling in sick, are late for work, and are never promoted. This is not a coincidence in my eyes.
Some of the pot smokers I know, are the sharpest people I have ever met. Others not so much. The smart ones tend to be better at hiding it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #172
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I admit I'm a smoker, I hate myself for it, but its a habit that I picked up when I was younger and I've never been able to consistently shake it.

But the two times I smoked Grass when I was younger I wasn't a big fan of it.

When something changes the way that your body or brain functions, to me thats a clear sign that your bodies screaming, quit f$$king with my chemistry balance, your doing damage.

Its the same with liquor, when you get drunk, its your body telling you that your poisoning it.

When you do other drugs, its the same thing.

Personally I don't care one way or another if they legalize that stuff, as long as I get a cut of the tax revenue. But the argument that making it legally will reduce the criminal element doesn't work for me either. The criminal element thats involved in dealing is going to find a way to make it more potent or cheaper, or they're going to work harder to find a substitute revenue stream.

As I mentioned before, legalize it, force a standardization in manufacturing, if you want to grow it you have to pay taxes on your revenue, and you have to live up to a standard of toxicity. Selling or distributing the stuff to anyone under the age of 18 to me remains a crime, and using and driving should fall under the same crime as drinking and driving.

Set up stores that can sell it, and monitor its usage.
So what do cigs do then exactly? It's just a different high that you're on.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #173
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser Wonder View Post
Some of the pot smokers I know, are the sharpest people I have ever met. Others not so much. The smart ones tend to be better at hiding it.
That's exactly it. There's smart pot smokers and there's dumb pot smokers. Just like there's smart people and dumb people.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #174
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Definitely NSFW!

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #175
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Doing pot is wrong. You all disgust me.
You don't DO pot ya smoke it. Hey guys let's do pot! I got some right here man!

Last edited by Canuck-Hater; 04-21-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #176
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, that's a good strategy, "leave the hallucinogenic drugs to the kids."
Marijuana is not a hallucinogen.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #177
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Did you celebrate a little early?

Is it just me or is there not a glaring contradiction in that article?

Studies have provided plenty of empirical evidence for both sides... take a look at http://safeaccess.ca/research/. Plenty of material to sift through there.

Cigarette: Ammonia, Carbon monoxide, Benzene, Acetone...etc
Joint: Natural plant.

I think I know which one I'd be safer inhaling..
Tobacco says hi!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #178
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

For those who smoke but don't like the smoke (like me). I own one of these and it's the best thing ever when ever I feel like one. This thing never burns the weed. It doesn't even smell when you use it. Your welcome.

http://www.my-iolite.com/
Neeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #179
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
For those who smoke but don't like the smoke (like me). I own one of these and it's the best thing ever when ever I feel like one. This thing never burns the weed. It doesn't even smell when you use it. Your welcome.

http://www.my-iolite.com/
Neeper, you are my hero.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #180
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

"dumb" pot smokers??

Here is the answer!!

http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/