Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #141
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Yes, yes..... I am a sad individual for not thinking getting high is a smart idea.
LOL are you drunk right now then? Where did I say you were a sad individual for thinking getting high wasn't a smart idea? Where? Please point that out for me. Look at what I quoted and what I said again.

Quote:
But what do I know, I never have done drugs, I must be dumb.
Don't think anyone has said you are dumb for not doing drugs but sounds like you take this pretty personally. Maybe you should step back and let others make their own choices instead of preaching about something you admit you know nothing about.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #142
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, yes..... I am a sad individual for not thinking getting high is a smart idea.

I have no issues with peoples choices, you want to be an idiot and partake in an illegal activity which could have serious future reprucussions in your life, so be it. Personally I feel they should legalize it simply to take the crimial element away. If you are so stupid that you are willing to kill millions of brain cells daily, have at it, and if it is legal, likely you will double your brain killing'ness. Just makes me look smarter long term.

But pot smokers seem to think they are so enlightened over the rest of the world because they get high. I don't know one 'chronic' user from my youth that ever turned into a success story later in life. Period.

valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #143
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't know, I kind of have the feeling that if I were into blow and celebrated an International Yayo day by letting everyone know I was doing an 8-ball off a hooker's tits, that people would look down on it.
There's no way I would look down on you for doing this!

Seriously, I don't get the big deal...either way. I don't blaze, but I understand it, and I don't look down on those who want to.

Should be legal IMO.
Mightyfire89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #144
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

I finally get 420v now.

I also know what appy's and bevvy's are.

What's celey'd though?

Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #145
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think it's sad that most people go through life looking through the pinhole of singular perspective without opening their minds and souls to the possibilities of the infinite. But I don't go around being a dick about it (except now, but I'm making a point dadgummit)
I took up Astronomy, seems to have the same efect.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #146
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
I took up Astronomy, seems to have the same efect.
Man, stargazing and a bit of weed.

You really are missing out.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #147
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I finally get 420v now.

I also know what appy's and bevvy's are.

What's celey'd though?

Haha to be honest I didn't even know I wrote that until it got pointed out on here. That's funny. I don't know, I just always heard it growing up on hockey teams & stuff, that's what we always refered to it as. I don't even know if stoners say that. Do they?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #148
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Haha to be honest I didn't even know I wrote that until it got pointed out on here. That's funny. I don't know, I just always heard it growing up on hockey teams & stuff, that's what we always refered to it as. I don't even know if stoners say that. Do they?

Yeah, I heard the word celey while playing hockey, in reference to celebrating a goal, not from stoners.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #149
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I have no issues with peoples choices, you want to be an idiot and partake in an illegal activity which could have serious future reprucussions in your life, so be it. Personally I feel they should legalize it simply to take the crimial element away. If you are so stupid that you are willing to kill millions of brain cells daily, have at it, and if it is legal, likely you will double your brain killing'ness. Just makes me look smarter long term.

The bolded part is pure bs. What good is your relatively high functioning brain if you don't use it learn about things before sharing your opinion?

Look at how often you mention intelligence. Marijuana doesn't effect your intelligence. If you've met someone who smokes weed and is dumb, it's not the weed that MADE them dumb, they're just a dumb person.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #150
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvy27 View Post
the bolded part is pure bs. What good is your relatively high functioning brain if you don't use it learn about things before sharing your opinion?

Look at how often you mention intelligence. Marijuana doesn't effect your intelligence. if you've met someone who smokes weed and is dumb, it's not the weed that made them dumb, they're just a dumb person.
haha
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #151
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Just walked through Riley Park. What a collection of people.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #152
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

the possibilities of the infinite

Does this include showing up for work on time, or showering?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #153
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

From my personal experience, regular weed smokers are absolutely stupider than non-pot heads. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to sit here on my high horse and preach to you if you enjoy smoking up. It's your life, do whatever the hell you want with it. I have a lot of good friends that smoke weed and I don't preach to them. However, I do take offence to people that try to get on THEIR high horse and preach to me that I am below them because I am not experiencing this mind blastingly awesome drug because in their mind I am not as cool or enlightened as them.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #154
Bibtin Tex
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

LOL, weed does not make you dumb. It might make you lzay if you smoke it often enough, as you long for the high, but it doesn't make you dumb. It also doesn't make you "cool", seeing as personally, I view someone who abstains from drug and alcohol use to be much "cooler" than someone who blazes everyday and has no clue what's going on around them.

The people who have nothing going on in their head aren't like that because of marijuana, they're just not sophisticated people. I find it funny how ignorant many people are, they're usually extremely uneducated when it comes to marijuana, and will just repeat whatever they've heard from their parents or a teacher.

You don't have to be a pot-head to know it's effects, or how it could potentially ahrm your body.
Bibtin Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #155
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
However, I do take offence to people that try to get on THEIR high horse and preach to me that I am below them because I am not experiencing this mind blastingly awesome drug because in their mind I am not as cool or enlightened as them.
I know a lot of pot heads and from my experience, outside junior high school, I can't think of one person that thinks this way about someone who choose not to smoke weed whatever their reason is.

Where is this coming from that people think this way? If anything wouldn't we rather not have to share it with even more people outside the bar/pub?

I have personally never heard anyone in my adult life say to someone they're "not as cool or enlightened" because they don't smoke weed. And besides this thread I have never heard people complain about it being a problem before. Do people who don't smoke it assume this is just the case because we enjoy it?

As for the dumb thing if that was the case I would be pretty ######ed right now. I will give you some of the side effects but becoming dumber is not one of them.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #156
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
I know a lot of pot heads and from my experience, outside junior high school, I can't think of one person that thinks this way about someone who choose not to smoke weed whatever their reason is.

Where is this coming from that people think this way? If anything wouldn't we rather not have to share it with even more people outside the bar/pub?

I have personally never heard anyone in my adult life say to someone they're "not as cool or enlightened" because they don't smoke weed. And besides this thread I have never heard people complain about it being a problem before. Do people who don't smoke it assume this is just the case because we enjoy it?

As for the dumb thing if that was the case I would be pretty ######ed right now. I will give you some of the side effects but becoming dumber is not one of them.
The dumb thing comes from my buddy that was perfectly normal before he turned into a pot head and then suddenly turned really really weird... without giving away too much, but he pretty much had to leave the country because of it. Like I said I have some perfectly normal friends that smoke weed regularly, so maybe calling everyone that smokes weed dumb is a bit mis-guided.

You seem pretty level-headed, but some other posters that smoke marijuana (as well as some people in public that I have met personally) do patronize when I try to give my opinions about weed. I have had several individuals tell me that I have no right to have an opinion on marijuana since I chose not to do it myself. I guess in the same sense I should not have an opinion on heroin since I chose not to do that either. Not saying that marijuana in any way is equal to heroin, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Like I said previously, I have no problem with people that smoke weed. I have personal reasons not to do it, as long as a smoker can accept my choice, I can accept theirs.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #157
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
No, I've seen it. My buddy's girlfriend, who I mentioned earlier, is always pressuring my girlfriend to get high with her. When my girlfriend declines, she usually gets offended and makes a comment about how she's missing out and how it'd be so cool if she got high with her because weed is really good for you.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #158
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
I have had several individuals tell me that I have no right to have an opinion on marijuana since I chose not to do it myself. I guess in the same sense I should not have an opinion on heroin since I chose not to do that either. Not saying that marijuana in any way is equal to heroin, but I'm sure you get the idea.
I get what you are saying and really that is stupid because everyone has an opinion on something they may not have first hand experience with. What drives me bonkers is people who think I care what they think about me smoking it and what the dangers are of it. I'm not stupid enough to believe smoking weed is completely harmless but I choose to ignore it as someone who may smoke cigs and drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
No, I've seen it. My buddy's girlfriend, who I mentioned earlier, is always pressuring my girlfriend to get high with her. When my girlfriend declines, she usually gets offended and makes a comment about how she's missing out and how it'd be so cool if she got high with her because weed is really good for you.
How old is your girlfriend? Honestly if you or her are over 18 you should ditch that friend. Sounds pretty immature if you ask me. I always ask everyone before I go out to light up and whoever wants to come, can come. Sometimes jokingly I say "All the cool kids are doing it" but not in a serious manor.

"Missing out" haha ya your girlfriend is ruining her life by saying no to drugs! That chick sounds like a loser if you want my honest opinion, she is the type that gets the rest painted with the brush of thinking you are "cool" if you smoke weed. And one thing it isn't is 'good for you', but how sweet would it be if it was!!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #159
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

The issue that I have with weed, is that since it isn't legal and therefore regulated, you really aren't sure what exactly it is you're smoking.

Now if it were legalized, I wonder if there might be a positive effect in that people don't get sucked into harder drugs that are laced into their pot. I'm not advocating legalizing it, quite frankly I don't care if it ever gets legalized, although I do believe it's a matter of time.

As for me, never smoked pot in my life, and I don't intend to. No interest in it so what's the point?

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #160
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

The "Does Cannabis make you dumb?" argument will never be won, as there are as many studies that suggest it does than doesn't. However, I do not consider it coincidence that the stoners I knew growing up that still love their weed, kinda seem not all there now, and are like the people in Riley Park Troutman was talking about.

Not every stoner is a lazy bum, that is an unfair statement to make. However, the people in their 20's and 30's I work with, that are regular cannabis smokers, tend to not be the sharpest knives in the drawer. They are typically the people regularly calling in sick, are late for work, and are never promoted. This is not a coincidence in my eyes.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote