Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2024, 09:59 AM   #2921
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
That store could do well in this outdoors hipster city of Calgary. The location sucks. It's on the edge of Inglewood outside of the main strip and nobody knows its there. They also moved out of the actual Livery stables and moved across the street to some modern building, even further away from central Inglewood. You wouldn't know it was there at all unless you went to Nash to eat.
Absolutely this.

Nobody knew it was there and the Rent must have been astronomical.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:07 AM   #2922
flamingchina
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Has the barn been in use since they moved across the street a few years ago? I wonder what is in store for the old barn. The National Hotel has historic designation, but the barn apparently does not.
It was a used sporting goods store for a while, but they moved out last year.
flamingchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:25 AM   #2923
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Has the barn been in use since they moved across the street a few years ago? I wonder what is in store for the old barn. The National Hotel has historic designation, but the barn apparently does not.
IIRC there are plans to convert the barn into residential units along with an additional building.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:05 AM   #2924
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adesso Man in Marda Loop is closing down a year after opening, citing construction and traffic issues. I went in a bunch of times and they just didn't have anything that interested me. I'll drive out of my way to go to Stuff on 11th instead.

Other businesses in the same building are thriving so I'm not sure how much better they would have done were there no construction in the area.

Last edited by shermanator; 04-25-2024 at 11:08 AM.
shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:50 PM   #2925
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Adesso Man in Marda Loop is closing down a year after opening, citing construction and traffic issues. I went in a bunch of times and they just didn't have anything that interested me. I'll drive out of my way to go to Stuff on 11th instead.

Other businesses in the same building are thriving so I'm not sure how much better they would have done were there no construction in the area.
I bought some stuff from Adesso a few times, but its not something that i will go out of my way for. They have a shop in the farmers market and ill pick up some socks etc.

Stuff on the other hand, i will check out every couple weeks. Always cool and new stuff in there.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:38 PM   #2926
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
IIRC there are plans to convert the barn into residential units along with an additional building.
That's the white barn over on 14 Street SE: https://maps.app.goo.gl/JBaxeHB2HG3KoFQ26

That one is in worse shape and more neglected than the red one where The Livery Shop was, so I am pleased that it can live on in some form.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 01:42 PM   #2927
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's the white barn over on 14 Street SE: https://maps.app.goo.gl/JBaxeHB2HG3KoFQ26

That one is in worse shape and more neglected than the red one where The Livery Shop was, so I am pleased that it can live on in some form.
IDRC it appears. Thanks for the correction.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 01:47 PM   #2928
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread is great for keeping me up-to-date on the closings of places I've never heard of.

I don't write that just to be snarky: I really had never even heard of "The Livery Shop", "Adesso", etc. I don't mean that to be an indictment of those businesses, just a generally commentary that surely I'm not the only one whose reaction to the news they're closing is a resounding, "... Huh?"
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:27 PM   #2929
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
This thread is great for keeping me up-to-date on the closings of places I've never heard of.

I don't write that just to be snarky: I really had never even heard of "The Livery Shop", "Adesso", etc. I don't mean that to be an indictment of those businesses, just a generally commentary that surely I'm not the only one whose reaction to the news they're closing is a resounding, "... Huh?"
I mean, in general places that everyone knows about/uses are probably less likely to close.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote