Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-24-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:
Flames Show off your jersey collection!

I'd love to see some CP jersey collections! I'll post mine (in chronological order of when I got them!), why don't you post yours? Let's share some memories and revel in odd choices (there are a few of them in my collection).

Jersey #1 – Todd Bertuzzi

Spoiler!

I think I got this jersey for Christmas in 2008, when I had just turned eight. The 2008-09 Flames acted as my introduction to the sport, and I still love that team to bits. I have copies of NHL 09 on three different platforms. My three favourite players on that team were Cammalleri, Bertuzzi, and Lombardi, so you can imagine how devastated I was when all three were gone by the beginning of next season. Still mad they picked Jokinen over Cammalleri, but that's eight-year-old me talking.

Anyway, I wore the hell out of this Bertuzzi jersey, as you can clearly tell. I'm very thankful it survived the 2013 floods – a couple other kiddie jerseys I had definitely did not, including an old Iginla team Canada jersey from the 2010 Olympics. I try not to think of them too much, but I think I only lost two jerseys so I'm not too cut up about that. More on the floods later.

Jersey #2 – Jarome Iginla

Spoiler!

Iggy was never my favourite player on the Flames (I always liked guys like Tanguay and Cammalleri more) but he was still super awesome. I got this one for Christmas in 2009, after they brought back the retro designs for the 30th Anniversary. It doesn't fit me anymore, oh well. Maybe I'll frame it someday.

Jersey #3 – Heritage Classic

Spoiler!

I got this one at Christmas 2010. I love my parents very dearly – they knew my interests weren't very broad. All they had to do was pick up a jersey on sale at SportChek and they'd have a happy son for weeks after Christmas morning. I wore this one to the Heritage Classic in 2011. Unlike the other 2011 HC jersey on this list, this jersey is 100% genuine, with a real felt logo and dark red striping.

Jersey #4 – The Jersey With My Own Name on the Back

Spoiler!

I don't speak of this jersey. It was a regrettable decision made worse by how poorly-executed the customization was. No sleeve numbers? Heat-pressing?

One day, I will frame it or give it to my daughter or son (if I ever have either), assuming they like hockey (they better).

Jersey #5 – The Flood Jersey

Spoiler!

My home was devastated in the 2013 floods and I was displaced for many years as the government and my family worked through many complex decisions. It was a tremendously trying time for me personally and it took me a long, long time to fully overcome the impact of that disaster.

However, for one sweet day a week after the waters hit, I was on the top of the world. I was surprised by Breakfast Television with a surprise visit from newly-acquired Flames forward TJ Galiardi, who gave me a bunch of hockey memorabilia (including this jersey) and hung out with me for a couple hours. It was a truly meaningful day, one that I haven't forgotten and never will. That day couldn't replace them tens of thousands of hockey cards that I had meticulously sorted into books... and kept in the basement. But it helped.

Jersey #6 – David Jones

Spoiler!

After a couple years of dealing with the emotional and financial repercussions of the flood (which left me with a decreased appetite for hockey, oddly enough), the 2014-15 Flames rolled around and breathed renewed life into the dying hockey fan inside me. So, for the first time in forever, I asked for a new jersey for my birthday – a David Jones jersey.

At this point in time, with the season going as well as it was going, the Flames were doing great business. When you walked into a FanAttic, they had basically every player's jersey on the wall. Jooris, Raymond, Russell, Engelland... you name it.

But not David Jones. And that's precisely why I wanted one – because nobody else did. I've always related to the underdogs. So I became David Jones' #1 fan, despite never before having had any real reason to care about him. It turned out to be a great jersey choice – the Flames made the playoffs, and Jones was instrumental in helping them get to round two. And while that jersey is a little bit small on me now, it helps me remember just how low I was at a certain point after the flood – and how I got to feel better.

Jersey #7 – Sam Bennett

Spoiler!

In early 2016, my dad and I went to a Flames game. We arrived pretty early and spent a few minutes before warmups checking out the inventory at the FanAttic.

A Nostradamian brainwave suddenly occurred to me.

"Hey, dad. If he [I pointed to a T-shirt in one of the displays] scores four goals tonight, you've gotta get me his jersey."

Maybe it was a little forward of me, sure. Sounds a little spoiled, definitely. But then we got back to our seats and started watching the Flames take on the Florida Panthers.

Yes, I swear this all happened.

Jersey #8 – Kris Versteeg

Spoiler!

When I was 16, I was given a regular Flames jersey for my birthday and told to pick a name for the back. I chose Kris Versteeg – the story of how he spurned the Oilers in free agency was too good to pass up, even if he was on a one-year deal. It was between Versteeg and Jyrki Jokipakka, so I think I made a pretty good choice.

This is the only jersey I got customized at SportChek. They didn't do a great job (the name bar is pretty stiff), so I told myself that the next time I got a jersey customized, it would be done properly.

Jersey #9 – Mark Giordano

Spoiler!

I found this blank white CCM jersey at a store on MacLeod called the Buy and Sell Store for $30. Great store with tons of awesome, cheap jerseys. I wanted a uniform of the captain, but I wanted it to stand out a bit. This is a jersey representing pre-Russia Gio – I don't think too many of those exist!

This jersey was beautifully customized by Kolbe31 (North Star Jerseys) here from Calgarypuck. Highly recommend their work.

Jersey #10 – James Neal

Spoiler!

At Christmas 2018, with FanAttic doing a 50% off sale, I decided to treat myself to my first Adidas jersey. I grew up wearing #18 in hockey and I had liked the Neal signing, even if he had been slow to produce.

I told myself, "even if Neal's been slow to start as a Flame, he's got a five-year deal – I'll be able to wear this to the 'Dome forever."

Welp.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

The Rest

I've bought all of these in the last year, seldom for more than $40 apiece. There aren't any stories associated with them (yet), other than how they were great, cheap finds.

Niklas Hagman

Spoiler!

Josh Jooris

Spoiler!

TJ Brodie

Spoiler!

Jarome Iginla signed pedestal

Spoiler!

I'm planning on getting Iginla's name on the back of this one once hockey starts up again.

Milan Lucic

Spoiler!

2019 Heritage Classic jersey

Spoiler!

Still accepting suggestions for what name I should get on the back one. Leaning Andersson.

Micheal Ferland

Spoiler!

Matt Lombardi

Spoiler!

Miikka Kiprusoff

Spoiler!

Dion Phaneuf TOR

Spoiler!

Thanks for reading, guys -- let's see your collections!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:13 AM   #3
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might post pictures later, but I’m sitting at 4 jerseys currently.

A flames home jersey with Kiprusoff on the back
An Iginla retro jersey that I actually picked up on a whim at the HHOF in Toronto the summer after he got traded.
A Gaudreau retro jersey
A Monahan home jersey prior to him getting the A.

I’d love to get my hands on the following jerseys too over the next couple of years.
1. 2019 Heritage jersey. I was really tempted to bite the bullet when they had the sale last week, but held off.
2. A Matthew Lombardi Jersey. He was my favorite flame when I started following hockey.
3. A black horse head jersey. I actually really like that design. I might actually jump on eBay/Kijiji and see if I can get my hand on one.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:29 AM   #4
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing too crazy. I lost a lot of my jerseys in my divorce so this is just a few years of collecting.

The Jagr and McGrattan are my favs and ones I wear the most unless it's retro night and Tkachuk gets the nod.

I have a few others in the closet too (Brouwer has joined them in there since this pic)

Still so sad I ordered a horsehead Iginla last year from a highly rated sitewhich looked amazing and what I received was the ####tiest knock off I had ever seen

Spoiler!

Last edited by btimbit; 04-25-2020 at 01:00 AM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:32 AM   #5
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Jealous of the McGrattan one for sure. Beauty

I kind of want to see the ####ty knockoff.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:40 AM   #6
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Jealous of the McGrattan one for sure. Beauty

I kind of want to see the ####ty knockoff.
Careful what you wish for

What was advertised

Spoiler!

What I received

NSFW!

It's not the worst I've seen, like for a $30 fake I mighta been happy, but I paid $170. You can bet I got that money back
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:44 AM   #7
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Hah, fantastic. Definitely not what I'd call "legit."

Still not 100% sure that my Kiprusoff isn't a fake. It doesn't have felt but I was under the impression that not all of them did. Either way I only paid $40 for it.

Old 04-25-2020, 12:45 AM   #8
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wouldn’t want to embarrass you guys...or give myself Carpal tunnel syndrome...

But my 5 Favourites from my collection at the moment are

1) Rookie Season Game Worn White Rasmus Andersson
2) University of Alberta Golden Bears Derek Ryan
3) Calgary Flames Blasty Marc Savard
4) Teal Alternate Mighty Ducks Paul Kariya
5) 1999 Calgary Cannons Game Worn BECKER Jersey

Honorable Mention
KHL Avangard Omsk Roman Cervenka Jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:46 AM   #9
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Thanks for the Lucic, Hagman, and JJ jerseys!

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:48 AM   #10
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Hah, fantastic. Definitely not what I'd call "legit."

Still not 100% sure that my Kiprusoff isn't a fake. It doesn't have felt but I was under the impression that not all of them did. Either way I only paid $40 for it.

I’ve got some bad news for you...

FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:50 AM   #11
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
I’ve got some bad news for you...

Welp, every good collection needs to have a black -- I mean, ketchup red and mustard yellow -- sheep.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:07 AM   #12
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Flames Jerseys:
Red Pedestal McCarthy
White Pedestal McCarthy
2004 Regehr red with the black namebar before they switched to white
2004 plain red (plan on putting #24 Nieminen on it)
Langkow home
Jokinen home (#21)
Monahan retro
Gaudreau script alternate
Jagr home
Tkachuk retro

Other Jerseys:
1972 Team Canada white
Hasek Sabres black
McCarthy Rangers white
Hitmen 10th anniversary (the one I designed)
Heatley Thrashers blue alternate - signed
Ovechkin Capitals red
Val Bure World All-Stars - signed
Iginla red Team Canada from 2002 - signed by Iggy and Gretzky (as the GM of the team)
Iginla Penguins black
Sutter family charity jersey signed by all of them
Stockton Heat black

I'm searching for a Black Horsehead jersey to replace the one I seem to have lost. Ideally I want to put Iginla on it as it feels wrong not to have an Iginla Flames jersey given he was my favourite player growing up. I also plan on getting a current white retro jersey once they don't come with the HC patch, and I'm debating between Lindholm/Andersson/Dube for it.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 01:09 AM   #13
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Did they give you one of your Hitmen jerseys or did you have to buy one?

Old 04-25-2020, 01:13 AM   #14
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Did they give you one of your Hitmen jerseys or did you have to buy one?
Both actually.

One of the jerseys is framed with a nice engraving underneath thanking me for it, and my parents bought one as well which now sits in my closet.

We got the one in the frame signed by Bret Hart afterwards as well.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 02:20 AM   #15
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Baertschi retro authentic made in Canada Reebok.

Jagr retro

Johnny retro

Lemieux penguins jersey but not ccm retro cut. It’s the Reebok 3rd.

Blank 04 home, blank 04 away.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:19 AM   #16
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

My brother has a Blasty Weimer jersey, a pedestal Hoglund jersey, '04 Iggy jersey, Heritage Classic Bourque, retro Brodie, and an Ovi Caps, along with a team Canada Yzerman jersey.

His collection is much more worth mentioning, as I only currently own a plain retro. I gave my Blasty Iggy, my pedestal Iggy, and my '04 Iggy jerseys to my nephew who moved to Belleville, Ontario-he is a HUGE Flames fan and still wears his gear around town there. I try to take him to games when he visits.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #17
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Still not 100% sure that my Kiprusoff isn't a fake.
That is 100% a fake.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 AM   #18
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Flames:
- Nameless 2004 home jersey, signed by almost everyone, including Peter Maher. Collected each signature personally.
- Red Reebok edge Kiprusoff
- Red Reebok edge Bertuzzi.
- White Reebok edge Curtis Joseph.
Bought this immediately as my dream had come true, the Flames add my 1b favourite goalie.
- Red Retro Iginla
- super terrible Heritage classic knockoff Iginla (pond jersey)

Others
- Jets, Blue - Andrew Ladd
- Canada, White 1976 #9 (Hull)
- Canada, world juniors “1972” remake jersey
- 4 other Canada jerseys of various colours and logos.
- 2010 Olympics White Crosby
Had to get the jersey of the Golden Goal scorer, would be cool to frame his and Iggys together some day.
- Ducks, White (3rd period style from D2 the mighty ducks) - #96 Conway.
The kids at Jersey city were jacked when I told them what I wanted done to my ducks jersey.
- Red NJ Devils Brodeur.
Ultimate top favourite player of mine.
- 2000 All star jersey, White, Joseph, signed.
The all-star game was played in Toronto, and it has a TML logo on the shoulder as Cujo was playing for them. All in all a cool jersey.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 04-26-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added some meat. Bertuzzi jersey spoken for!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #19
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Flames:
Reebok home Iginla (doesn’t fit)
Reebok retro phaneuf (doesn’t fit)
Horsehead Iginla
Reebok home Phaneuf
Reebok home Baertschi
2013-16 alternate Gaudreau
Adidas retro Tkachuk

Non Flames:
Detroit red Datsyuk
1970s sabres (doesn’t fit)
Crosby 08 winter classic (doesn’t fit)
Pittsburgh home (doesn’t fit)
Jets home (doesn’t fit)
2006 team canada (doesn’t fit)

As you can see got lots of old jerseys that don’t fit, guess that’s how it goes when you’re growing.

Current favorites are definitely horsehead Iggy and retro Tkachuk
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #20
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Flames:
Reebok home Iginla (doesn’t fit)
Reebok retro phaneuf (doesn’t fit)
Horsehead Iginla
Reebok home Phaneuf
Reebok home Baertschi
2013-16 alternate Gaudreau
Adidas retro Tkachuk

Non Flames:
Detroit red Datsyuk
1970s sabres (doesn’t fit)
Crosby 08 winter classic (doesn’t fit)
Pittsburgh home (doesn’t fit)
Jets home (doesn’t fit)
2006 team canada (doesn’t fit)

As you can see got lots of old jerseys that don’t fit, guess that’s how it goes when you’re growing.

Current favorites are definitely horsehead Iggy and retro Tkachuk
spoiled brat
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post: