Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #1
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:
Icon59 Oilers escape cap hell, become compliant

Times are tough up north... or are they?

I normally like to compete and typically have one of the deeper teams in the league. Losing in round 3 game 7 stung more because I knew I might have to dismantle the team a bit for this season.

Deal 1 with Min: Vrana + 22 2nd (sj) for Boqvist and Wahlstrom

I'm a big vrana fan but I needed to take any attachment to players out of my cap clearing to get the best value I can. I look at boqvist and wahlstrom as two guys with term and cheap money, but more importantly developing young players. I think Boqvist is a future #1 stud on d and Wahlstrom has a terrific shot which makes him a likely top 6 guy. Didn't want to add a 2nd but I was in a position of no leverage.

Deal 2 with Dal: Horvat for Quinn, Hornqvist + 55

I think Horvat is the perfect second line center in the sim. He has the experience stats of a 35 year old but the contract status of a 26 year old. He's just good at everything and was a big part of our team the last 3 seasons. I think Quinn is a prolific goal scorer and should get an opportunity on a team like Buffalo very soon. As a top 10 pick in a deep draft we expect big things. Hornqvist is a decent 2nd liner with a good contract and can be one of the old guys we always covet for the playoffs.

Deals 3 and 5 with Nyi: Severson + Whitecloud for Forsling, Ruzicka and 23 2nd (ott), Erne for 22 3rd (pho)

Severson is an underrated dman but again needed to clear cap and Forsling has the same rating as him but saves me a lot of money. Whitecloud as our #8 at 2.75 mil was too expensive and I'm hoping Ruzicka gets a chance on the Flames. Erne is a decent bottom 6er but I have lots of guys like that and he needs waivers.

Deal 4 with Cbj: #55 for 1.6 mil

Not much to see here, used the pick I got in the Horvat deal to get cap compliant

The new look oilers

Mantha 72 Zibanejad 79 Marner 78
Garland 71 Schmaltz 71 Beauvillier 71
Bratt 70 Kempe 71 Hornqvist 70
Fabbri 70 White 68 Greenway 70
Volkov 67 Wagner 66 Wahlstrom 68

Weegar 73 Pionk 72
Girard 71 Hronek 71
Forsling 71 DeAngelo 70
Gavrikov 69 Boqvist 67

Hellebuyck 90
Georgiev 82

Weaker than recent years but not terrible, have noticed sometimes less is more in the sim.

Curious to see what people think about the deals. Probably talked to half the league in one day about moves and it was a tough position. Gonna plan better in the future to not have the entire team expiring in the same year.
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

You're doing good things but I honestly couldn't believe I was able to get Whitecloud from you. Huge fan of his.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
You're doing good things but I honestly couldn't believe I was able to get Whitecloud from you. Huge fan of his.
Like the player but he was my 8th dman making almost 3 mil
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yup defensemen are really hard to keep. Their grids are usually very expensive.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: