Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #14361
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is so weird. Even in my first reply I said I would take Eichel over him (mostly age and position). Posting stats doesn't mean someone has a man crush lol.

But really, you're the one saying he might get 70 points, I never said he would get 90 (just that he was on that pace this season, again a fact). So shouldn't any bet revolve around him scoring under 70 and not over 90?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 06:59 AM   #14362
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
This is so weird. Even in my first reply I said I would take Eichel over him (mostly age and position). Posting stats doesn't mean someone has a man crush lol.

But really, you're the one saying he might get 70 points, I never said he would get 90 (just that he was on that pace this season, again a fact). So shouldn't any bet revolve around him scoring under 70 and not over 90?

I think the standard should be 50 points, which makes as much sense as 90 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #14363
Flames_F.T.W
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So I've noticed a lot of the suspected front runners for Eichel have lost interest in the past few weeks. The Rangers, Kings, Ducks and Blue Jackets seem to be less interested now. Could make things interesting for a potential deal with the Flames
Old 06-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #14364
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_F.T.W View Post
So I've noticed a lot of the suspected front runners for Eichel have lost interest in the past few weeks. The Rangers, Kings, Ducks and Blue Jackets seem to be less interested now. Could make things interesting for a potential deal with the Flames
Really depends on what the Flames doctors think about this neck issue. And then a risk and asset management debate and then thats even before they pick up the phone. This I going to take a crap ton of work to pull off for any team trying to get Eichel. Like more so than your standard negotiations.

Like can they ask Buffalo for permission to have their doctors look at him? Can they talk to Eichel?
Old 06-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #14365
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Doug Wilson is one of the worst managers in the NHL.
They have played in 174 playoff games since he took over in 2003.

Final four in 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2019. SCF in 2016.

Pretty impressive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #14366
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Really depends on what the Flames doctors think about this neck issue. And then a risk and asset management debate and then thats even before they pick up the phone. This I going to take a crap ton of work to pull off for any team trying to get Eichel. Like more so than your standard negotiations.

Like can they ask Buffalo for permission to have their doctors look at him? Can they talk to Eichel?
Buffalo can give permission to Eichel to talk to anyone he likes.

Much like the Canes have told Hamilton and his agent to go seek a deal.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:06 AM   #14367
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1408446065368387592

I wonder if he's hearing Monahan's name, as in Calgary is trying to trade him. Or if he's hearing Monahan's name, as in teams are inquiring about him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #14368
Drunk Uncle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post

I wonder if he's hearing Monahan's name, as in Calgary is trying to trade him. Or if he's hearing Monahan's name, as in teams are inquiring about him.
I'm sure Dreger isn't just throwing mud at the wall but this is so vague it really isn't saying anything. It feels like it's based on everything everyone else has said... including Treliving.

Honestly, I feel Steinberg gives us more Flames insider information than Dreger.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drunk Uncle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #14369
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Underperforming player could be moved from a Canadian team, more ground breaking reporting from our “insiders”.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #14370
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

These guys are there to fill air. There's always going to be multiple times more rumors and speculation than actual activity. But people love this stuff - so they are going to continue to put it out there.
Surprised there is always so much complaining. Do folks want to hear rumors or not?
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #14371
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
These guys are there to fill air. There's always going to be multiple times more rumors and speculation than actual activity. But people love this stuff - so they are going to continue to put it out there.
Surprised there is always so much complaining. Do folks want to hear rumors or not?
People want to hear rumors but then want it to come true...which means it's not really a rumor but is more actual news.

Personally I want more rumors. 32 NHL GMs are having conversations daily about different players, draft picks, prospects, etc. and 99.9% of those discussions probably don't end up in an actual trade.

But I'd love to have inside knowledge of every single discussion, I find it fascinating.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #14372
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

In my eyes, Dreger's statement is both speculation and a rumor. This is the speculation and rumor thread, so I thought it was worth posting. Even if he's saying what many would find to be obvious. Dreger is TSN's Hockey Insider, so he's just doing his job for the interest of the sport. He has predicted and announced hundreds of trades and signings, so do put a little more weight in his speculation that most others.

I kind of wish one of these insiders would "speculate" that the Flames are in the mix for Eichel. Because as far I know, no one has stated as such yet.

Last edited by 1qqaaz; 06-25-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #14373
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
My only complaint is when people ask for “real rumours”. I see no difference between this and half the trade ideas we see posted here.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #14374
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

All the "insiders" missed Hakstol to Seattle.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #14375
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monahan plus 4 players for Eichel and 4 players.

It could happen, right? Leeman plus 4 for Gilmour plus 4?
Old 06-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #14376
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
All the "insiders" missed Hakstol to Seattle.
Depends how you see it. The last 31 thoughts podcast, Friedman mentioned Tochett and another unknown had flown to Seattle for final interviews. He couldn't pin down who the unknown was since he wasn't a name that was being interviewed by others. That fits Hakstol's description. Aside from naming him he was right on timing and the unknown coach part.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #14377
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Depends how you see it. The last 31 thoughts podcast, Friedman mentioned Tochett and another unknown had flown to Seattle for final interviews. He couldn't pin down who the unknown was since he wasn't a name that was being interviewed by others. That fits Hakstol's description. Aside from naming him he was right on timing and the unknown coach part.
I’d seen his name on a few lists. Not as a front runner mind you, but one of say 5-6 people.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #14378
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Uncle View Post
I feel Steinberg gives us more Flames insider information than Dreger.
I doubt it, TSN & Sportsnet insiders are way more connected

In my opinion

I am sure the Fan960 personalities hear stuff but not to the same degree as Dreger, Friedman etc...
Old 06-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #14379
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post

In an article today about Wild trade partners, Michael Russo had this to say about Sean.

Quote:
Sean Monahan

At 26, the Flames center has two years left at $6.375 million. He’s a three-time 30-goal scorer and scored 82 points three seasons ago, but he’s coming off a couple down seasons, and the Wild didn’t seem very interested in him last offseason when word began to emerge that he could be had. He’s not exactly a line driver and, fair or not, there’s a perception out there in the hockey community that his character is a question mark.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #14380
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find that "character" comment weird. Honestly. He seems to be super-fitness conscious, and seems willing to try to adapt his game to what coaches want... Is that just a mirage? I guess he could be a "bad apple" away from fans' eyes, but he seemed like a decent team guy, if low-key and unable to elevate...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread