Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #7281
DoubleF
#1 Goaltender
 
DoubleF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
In what world is Alberta 85% of eligible vaccinated?
I misunderstood one of the previous comments. I'll poke into the info again after getting a better understanding of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
We have given 85 doses per hundred of population, but that's not 85% vaccinated.

The goal is to get to 200 doses given per 100 population. (Obviously you can't get to 100%)
Ah, my bad. So the raw number of approximately 71% of eligible Albertans have received at least a single dose is the accurate one.

But that still means we're doing pretty good in general, right? Sure, we may lag behind a few other provinces, but not seemingly a horrific gap and full on neglectful levels of lag vs other provinces like some of the echo chamber comments I keep hearing?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #7282
looooob
Franchise Player
 
looooob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

589K Canadians vaccinated today. this rollout is truly stunning. and Friday's are usually the BIG days
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2021, 05:06 PM   #7283
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player
 
EldrickOnIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
589K Canadians vaccinated today. this rollout is truly stunning. and Friday's are usually the BIG days
Really hoping no momentum is lost through the holiday weekend. If any other country of significant size has come anywhere close to the daily numbers Canada keeps putting up, I am not aware of it.
Outstanding stuff
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #7284
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos
 
You Need a Thneed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I misunderstood one of the previous comments. I'll poke into the info again after getting a better understanding of it.



Ah, my bad. So the raw number of approximately 71% of eligible Albertans have received at least a single dose is the accurate one.

But that still means we're doing pretty good in general, right? Sure, we may lag behind a few other provinces, but not seemingly a horrific gap and full on neglectful levels of lag vs other provinces like some of the echo chamber comments I keep hearing?
Doses given per capita we are right in the mix for all the provinces.
__________________
My LinkedIn Profile.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #7285
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!
 
Bill Bumface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Exp:
Default

This sums up why I think phasing by age/conditions etc right now would be a bad idea:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1408184214223155201

We just need people signing up as fast as possible at this point. I think they should also up the messaging that Pfizer -> Moderna is a desirable path.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #7286
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
This sums up why I think phasing by age/conditions etc right now would be a bad idea:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1408184214223155201

We just need people signing up as fast as possible at this point. I think they should also up the messaging that Pfizer -> Moderna is a desirable path.
That is fantastic date selection for making is tweet. You notice this didnít come out yesterday before we logged the largest Pfizer/Moderna delivery we have ever received.

A staged opening would have created a much smoother process and Led to Opening for everyone today would have been a big momentum boost as opposed to frustration.

The same number of doses would have been delivered in the last two weeks. If you note that prior to todayís arrival we had about a 4 day supply. Even after todayís big delivery we only have 12 days of supply. Appointments actually might be the bottleneck for the first time ever for the next two weeks given how much Moderna is arriving.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:54 PM   #7287
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos
 
You Need a Thneed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That is fantastic date selection for making is tweet. You notice this didnít come out yesterday before we logged the largest Pfizer/Moderna delivery we have ever received.

A staged opening would have created a much smoother process and Led to Opening for everyone today would have been a big momentum boost as opposed to frustration.

The same number of doses would have been delivered in the last two weeks. If you note that prior to todayís arrival we had about a 4 day supply. Even after todayís big delivery we only have 12 days of supply. Appointments actually might be the bottleneck for the first time ever for the next two weeks given how much Moderna is arriving.
With Pfizer doses a bit delayed, I wondering whether thereís an element of just wanting to smooth out the appointments, so that they donít do 100,000 fir a couple days, and then have very little to give a couple weeks later.
__________________
My LinkedIn Profile.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to You Need a Thneed For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 06-24-2021, 08:42 PM   #7288
Acey
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Just got second jab at Telus and wasn't a big fan of the setup overall, took me 15 min to figure out where to go, I guess that's my fault for being a hermit and not going downtown. Once sat down, they ran out of vaccines so that was a 20 min-ish wait. The waiting area where you can just leave whenever is pointless, much preferred the Lethbridge setup where we stayed seated after you got the shot and they write your 15 min time on the dry-erase wall next to you, making it far more evident if you leave early. At Telus, people were just getting up and leaving after 5 minutes. Does it also not defeat the purpose if they make you get up right away and walk 50 meters?
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:32 PM   #7289
kevman
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Exp:
Default

Well sure, unless you want to leave after 5 mins in which case the Telus set up is great.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:40 PM   #7290
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

When I went to Telus they had several clocks set up in the waiting area. You also have your personal cell phone to set a timer with.

If someone decides to leave after only 5 minutes, I donít think theyíre breaking any rules, but if they faint or puke or whatever else could happen within 15 minutes of getting the shot, what can you do to stop them?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #7291
Acey
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I'm not saying chain people down and force them to stay because ultimately it doesn't matter... just that it made more sense to just remain seated and the nurses roll away and your time is written in front of you. I didn't see anybody that got the shot after me leave before I did in that scenario, but at Telus that was clearly lots of people.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021