Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #4161
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Ahh ok, this makes more sense. The fun thing though is that if you have Game Pass, you get the best of both worlds! Play Infinite day one at no extra charge and buy Battlefield 2042 for the multiplayer!

But if you aren't a big FPS player in the first place then neither should really excite you.
I'm not a big FPS player, but when you show me Battlefield 2042 with tanks and helicopters and tons of players and wingsuits and giant tornadoes wrecking the level and spaceships blasting off mid-match all with pretty cutting edge graphics I'm like, damn, that looks like fun.

Halo Infinite looks like more Halo.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #4162
Since1984
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I'm not a big FPS player, but when you show me Battlefield 2042 with tanks and helicopters and tons of players and wingsuits and giant tornadoes wrecking the level and spaceships blasting off mid-match all with pretty cutting edge graphics I'm like, damn, that looks like fun.

Halo Infinite looks like more Halo.
Absolutely, the two multiplayer experiences are completely different.

Battlefield looks like more battlefield and Halo looks like more Halo.

You don't log in to Warzone and expect it to be Apex Legends.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 10:41 AM   #4163
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was just watching a video on the time when Blizzard introduced the RealID system and had some thoughts. In theory the RealID is a great concept but without the public seeing your private information, if only the company had this info that was verified in a way like photo ID or something similar it would really hold players more accountable for their actions especially in F2P games like Warzone where cheaters constantly make new accounts when banned. Of course we would have to trust a company with our privacy which is a hard sell these days also.

Of course its a slippery slope that would lead to pushes to have all online presences verified but thats another story. Do you think something like this could help stop cheating in games and what other ideas do you have that might reduce cheating?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote