Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #21
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I think it's true. There's been outbreaks at the warehouses so they shut them down for safety reasons. I've had a ton of issues with orders lately and I had to contact Amazon several times for multiple things that didn't show up to get a refund (some were like 2-3 weeks late).

About a week ago, one of the agents I spoke with said they've had outbreaks at several of their warehouses across North America so had to shut them down for a few weeks and divert orders to other warehouses (but this doesn't necessarily work for some product housed in specific warehouses that were shut down).

The agent also mentioned that she was aware that there was some outbreak with Canada Post or the group that delivers to Canada Post or something, so they had to divert packages to be shipped from a different location which was potentially adding a day once the packages were ready for delivery.

If you notice that the seller is amazon.com.ca (vs amazon.ca), those I believe are shipping out of a US warehouse location to be redistributed from a Canadian warehouse location. With additional border stuff and additional travel, those packages are especially prone to getting caught up and inexplicably delayed (which was my situation several times).

Not to put words in Yamer's mouth, but Amazon apparently treats their warehouse employees terribly. Work them like slaves with little regard for their long term health or longevity. The fact that there have been multiple outbreaks seems to confirm this.

So yeah, Amazon saying the safety of their employees is important is rich indeed.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #22
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Not to put words in Yamer's mouth, but Amazon apparently treats their warehouse employees terribly. Work them like slaves with little regard for their long term health or longevity. The fact that there have been multiple outbreaks seems to confirm this.

So yeah, Amazon saying the safety of their employees is important is rich indeed.
"The ability of our robots to function efficiently at optimal performance levels is important to Amazon."
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:36 PM   #23
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post

I get where Yamer is coming from. I just wanted to toss in a tidbit of info.

I think literally, Amazon likely decided to postpone because their logistics are backlogged right now and they're more concerned the packages from Prime day purchases are going to be chaotically delayed, lost etc. So to maintain good reputation for quick deliveries, they delayed it until their logistics/warehousing group is back up to speed.

I totally agree they treat their employees poorly and it's rich in that they're playing the safety card. In reality it's more of a public image and reputation for fast delivery they're trying to maintain. They want to focus on looking good and don't give a damn about safety.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:19 PM   #24
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

So is this "order now and we’ll notify you via email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item" a new thing? I never remember seeing it so often until recently. Have purchased twice now with this tag, and cancelled both times after not hearing anything for about a week.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #25
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
So is this "order now and we’ll notify you via email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item" a new thing? I never remember seeing it so often until recently. Have purchased twice now with this tag, and cancelled both times after not hearing anything for about a week.
See if you can choose a different seller. It might be a product located at a shut down warehouse (so the delay could be days to weeks to months). My guess is that this notification pops up when Amazon has to confirm the inventory availability.

I've seen it before pre-pandemic, but it seemed to show up more post pandemic when warehouses supposedly started shutting down.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #26
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I had this happen with toner for our printer. After a month I checked the listing to see what it would say. The very same listing had an expected delivery date (despite my order saying they'll email me with one when ready).

Also the price dropped.

So I canceled my order, ordered the exact same thing for less (albeit like $2-$3 less) then it arrived when it said (which was still 2 weeks after I ordered.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #27
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I plan on buying stuff in Vancouver, if it aint available I plan on buying it direct from the manufacturer, I plan on putting as little money in Bezos's pocket as is humanly possible
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote