Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2017, 01:08 AM   #1201
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Considering I am allergic to eggs, and they make me throw up and be violently ill? I am not a fan of eggs on burgers! For a good reason.

A burger is its own food group. Adding egg is another food group.

Add some buckwheat to a burger! That does not belong on a burger either. Yet if you add that my allergic reaction to that could kill me.

People can I not just get a normal hamburger?

If you are paying anything over 10 dollars for a hamburger we should start talking about steak and prime rib.

I am talking about cooking at home though. For 20 dollars I can buy some nice m and m steaks a salad and potatoes. Feed a family of four a good meal, rather than one good burger. I am a fool paying ten dollars a burger, yet they are good burgers.

For my family? I feed them steak and prime rib cooked at home before spending 20 dollars on a burger. 80 dollar meal with top burgers. 20 dollar meal that is better for my family, with left overs.

People this is a hamburger! A three dollar item. You guys want to pay 20 dollars for it! No matter what you add to it its still a hamburger!

Spend 20 dollars on one rib steak. You will get an amazing meal. you can suck as a chef. Yet you will get a much better meal.

20 bucks for a hamburger? You people are insane!
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #1202
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who's paying $20 for a hamburger?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #1203
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

You'd have to deduct $5 from the cost of a burger to get me to put an egg onto it.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #1204
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
Considering I am allergic to eggs, and they make me throw up and be violently ill? I am not a fan of eggs on burgers! For a good reason.

Add some buckwheat to a burger! That does not belong on a burger either. Yet if you add that my allergic reaction to that could kill me.

If you are paying anything over 10 dollars for a hamburger we should start talking about steak and prime rib.

I am talking about cooking at home though. For 20 dollars I can buy some nice m and m steaks a salad and potatoes. Feed a family of four a good meal, rather than one good burger. I am a fool paying ten dollars a burger, yet they are good burgers.

For my family? I feed them steak and prime rib cooked at home before spending 20 dollars on a burger. 80 dollar meal with top burgers. 20 dollar meal that is better for my family, with left overs.

People this is a hamburger! A three dollar item. You guys want to pay 20 dollars for it! No matter what you add to it its still a hamburger!

Spend 20 dollars on one rib steak. You will get an amazing meal. you can suck as a chef. Yet you will get a much better meal.

Someone has been watching too much Lewis Black.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #1205
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I've tried the burger at Boogie's with the fried egg and I like it.

I personally prefer burger over steak. My wife thinks that's weird but that's the truth. I will almost always choose a burger over a steak, especially if I do not know about the chewiness of the steak (such as at a bbq).

Cooking at home is cheaper but what fun is there in that?
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #1206
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if there is anything on a burger that won’t cause him to be violently ill. “Uh, I will have a burger without any toppings and hold the bun.”
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #1207
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
When or if you dine out, you should state your allergy and ask whether there is any egg IN the burger. House made burger patties often have egg in the mix as a binder.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #1208
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would rather have a $15-$20 burger than a $15-$20 steak...
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #1209
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big news, Burger Quest looks like it is coming back.
We will be part of a larger site and platform. Details still be worked on - but it seems like this is happening.
Hope to have our first review out within the month. And then regularly from there.
Stay tuned for details and post any places you want us to hit up.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #1210
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

So McD's is rolling out fresh beef instead of frozen patties for their Quarter Pounders in the continental US by May.

Predictions on how it will be received?
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #1211
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
So McD's is rolling out fresh beef instead of frozen patties for their Quarter Pounders in the continental US by May.

Orally, I suspect.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 PM   #1212
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Orally, I suspect.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #1213
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Big news, Burger Quest looks like it is coming back.
We will be part of a larger site and platform. Details still be worked on - but it seems like this is happening.
Hope to have our first review out within the month. And then regularly from there.
Stay tuned for details and post any places you want us to hit up.
Need any help with the website?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #1214
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Where are you getting a prime rib for $20 to feed your family?
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BOSSY For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #1215
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post

I'll wager that they will market the crap out of it but it won't be that much of a difference taste wise.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 07:05 AM   #1216
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
I'll wager that they will market the crap out of it but it won't be that much of a difference taste wise.
Don't get me wrong as I'm all for fresh beef patties but in the case of McDonalds and most chains I'm not sure if you would be able to tell once cooked, seasoned, with condiments.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 07:07 AM   #1217
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would like to know exactly how they define fresh beef? are they going to start shipping fresh sides of beef to mcd's where it will be cut and ground up and served within a day?
Old 03-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #1218
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I would assume it means not frozen at any time, like Wendy's.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #1219
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how much of a difference freezing a burger for a short period of time (say 5 to 10 days) really makes?
Old 03-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #1220
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Isn't most beef typically Frozen in the butchering process? Either way flash freezing beef makes no difference to taste as long as the beef doesn't unfreeze and refreeze.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote