Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #41
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have been vaping on and off for about 5 years and have now not had an analog cigarette in over a year. My lungs feel 10x better, my taste buds work again and my kids dont say that I stink like smoke when I get home from work and pick them up. In my years of vaping I have seen nothing but absolute upside in terms of switching to vapor either as a method to quit or just switch to a better alternative. As an early adopter and long time vaper, I can't endorse it enough (over standard cigarettes).
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I went into shock this morning driving into work down the Blackfoot and I rolled down the window and smelled baking bread, I haven't smelled that in years, I know its probably psychological, but it was still awesome.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #43
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I bought a basic Aspire BDC starter kit back in May to help quit that ####ty habit I picked up from being around my friends. Within a week we all had em. Three weeks later none of us were still on the darts. It's easier to quit when the majority of your group quits with you.

Recently, I upgraded to a Vision Spinner II along with an iClear 30s tank. Looking to upgrade upon that with the Aspire Nautilus mini once my local vape shop has them in stock again.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #44
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
I thought you couldn't buy the nicotine in Canada, just the "water vapor"?
It's a grey market at the moment.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #45
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

i have using an e-cig since december. I started with an ego style and the cheap kanger tanks.
Since that time I have upgraded to a ProVari, Hana Modz V3 and a Russian 91%. The best e-cig is the one that satisfies your cravings for nicotine and keeps you off cigarettes.

As for juice, vapeme.net is a decent shop and are canadian. I order from bombies.com exclusively now.

reddit.com/electronic_cigarette is a great place for info.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #46
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

Quote:
So that means that they all sell it? or only in chinatown?
This should give you a good idea of the grey area
http://whatdoesthelawsay.ca/
Old 08-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #47
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So that means that they all sell it? or only in chinatown?
The ones at convenience stores are no nicotine. The all vape shops have the options of none ,low 8mg, medium 18mg, or high 24mg. Wording on packages is how they can sell them. It reads may contain nicotine. I don't think they really care. A lot of cops use them here at least. I see them sitting in Timmy's all the time vaping away. When the good out ways the bad Its surprising how some laws seem silly even to the ones who enforce them.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #48
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I quit smoking for 17 months then stupidly started again a couple of months ago. I bought a Magic Stick Vape Magic brand e-cig 2 days ago. I don't know much about these things, but it's been decent so far. I just hope that it'll help me kick the butts again.

30ml of juice at a local NW tobacco store cost me $22. I like the online prices and selections way better, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
As for juice, vapeme.net is a decent shop and are canadian. I order from bombies.com exclusively now.

...can I ask why you like bombies.com better?
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #49
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

Just personal preference I guess. I have vaped almost exclusively 'nana cream for the last 3 or 4 months. I don't get sick of it and it tastes amazing. I kind of found a flavour I like and I will stick with it. Plus shipping takes about a week. Which isn't bad at all.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
Just personal preference I guess. I have vaped almost exclusively 'nana cream for the last 3 or 4 months. I don't get sick of it and it tastes amazing. I kind of found a flavour I like and I will stick with it. Plus shipping takes about a week. Which isn't bad at all.
I guess I don't want to get into flavors to much, The current one that I have is Canadian Tabacco flavor. I get 2 30 ml bottles for $20.00 at the smoke shop in South Center.

I've been using this e-go since Saturday night and I haven't even used half a bottle yet.

When you compare that cost to the cost of a pack of smokes, its an amazing savings.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #51
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

20ml bottle of 18mg lasts me over a month. It works out to less than $0.50 a day.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #52
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I know nothing about these things. Can people 'vaporize' regular old dried weed with no smoke? My brother in law was telling me that his bud who is disabled has some kind of vaporizer device that allows him to stay high all day without ingesting any smoke. I assume he likely has some kind of prescription cannabis oil or inserts to do this.
Clarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #53
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
I know nothing about these things. Can people 'vaporize' regular old dried weed with no smoke? My brother in law was telling me that his bud who is disabled has some kind of vaporizer device that allows him to stay high all day without ingesting any smoke. I assume he likely has some kind of prescription cannabis oil or inserts to do this.
You can buy vaporizors for herbs and oils but they are different than what we are talking about.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #54
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I believe there is ways to smoke oil with them but I'm not entirely sure, Google probably knows.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #55
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Different thing altogether. I bought an IOLITE portable for my needs at my local dispensary. Oil will clog up your wick . Their is a company that does manufacturer a pg/vg based THC product for ecigs. He can get It for about $80 dollars. He will need to have his Medical User card with him to purchase it tho.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-08-2014 at 12:31 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #56
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

In all fiarness to ernie, there is a concern with juices which were found to contain flavorings that had the chemicals diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, and acetoin in them (at low concentrations). These are generally associated with buttery/creamy flavours and have been proven to be horrible for your lungs at high doses and over long exposure times.
However, there are many juice vendors that have worked to stop using flavours containing these chemicals -- which is why you should only use reputable vendors (and is why I transitioned from chinese made ecigs to using local juices). Further, all are contained in cigarettes and at higher doses (though there are questions if vaper deposits chemicals differently than smoke).

The net sum of this right now for me?
- Use reputable juice vendors. Ask them about the chemicals.
- Like cigs, try not to chain-smoke/vape all day. Vaping broke some of the spell of cigs with me where I now can hold off until I get home, whereas before I would just say eff-it and buy a pack downstairs.
- Switch flavours regularly. Like anything else, it is good to switch it around to prevent constant exposure from the same ingredients.
- This is a new technology and we are the guinea pigs, but as any switcher will tell you, the health effects are immediately noticeable, and there are over 1.5 MM ecig users per day with negligible if any complaints. This is about harm reduction, not prevention.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #57
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Canadian juice makers I have enjoyed to date are (not yet all vetted for chemicals):
- Funk Sauce
- Evaperated
- Darkside Vapor Creations
- Toronto Juice Co
- Gentlemens Reserve
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #58
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

They'll kill you. Just in a different way.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-28701515

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #59
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

That's people using un-safe batteries and leaving them in the charger too long.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #60
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I realize these aren't healthy for you but is it 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt better for you than real cigarettes?
indes is offline   Reply With Quote