Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #21
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

http://www.charmedplayhouses.com/
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #22
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
Why do I get the feeling that you'd need a mortgage on one of those?
you&me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #23
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Why do I get the feeling that you'd need a mortgage on one of those?
You need a mortgage for more ordinary ones, never mind those.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:31 PM   #24
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
Looking on Costco it seems that all the sets are now on back-order. Ours was delivered this weekend and took a week from order to delivery. Now waiting to set it up. Will probably start this weekend or earlier if it stays nice this week.
Are you putting it right on top of the grass or are you going to remove sod and pot down much?
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #25
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
Are you putting it right on top of the grass or are you going to remove sod and pot down much?
I'm planning on building this one this weekend and will be cutting out grass, laying filter cloth, and putting in mulch. My thought is that I know people who have put playsets on grass and quite often they are such a pain to mow around that the grass grows up inbetween places and it just looks terrible.

Side note, just found out about an app called Bilt that has virtual instructions with 3d diagrams that you can move around for each step (the Costco Kidkraft playset is on there). This is such a brilliant idea, they have tons of brands and different products on there.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanni For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #26
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
I put it on the grass for now because I was impatient and wanted it assembled.

We are going to kill the grass and replace it with something but I haven't decided what yet. Probably mulch I assume.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #27
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
I'm planning on building this one this weekend and will be cutting out grass, laying filter cloth, and putting in mulch. My thought is that I know people who have put playsets on grass and quite often they are such a pain to mow around that the grass grows up inbetween places and it just looks terrible.

Side note, just found out about an app called Bilt that has virtual instructions with 3d diagrams that you can move around for each step (the Costco Kidkraft playset is on there). This is such a brilliant idea, they have tons of brands and different products on there.
I managed to build it entirely myself except for one step that required an allan key on either side and my arms were not long enough to reach both. In the end it took all of two days to assemble.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #28
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got it up, spent day 1 digging out sod and prepping, and 2 full days building. I went through everything and sorted it out by step before hand which saved a lot of time. Finding everything you need for each step is super time consuming.

That tunnel slide is sent from hell to torment you, what a giant pain that thing was to get up.

The 3D app was very helpful for some steps where the instructions weren't super clear on the positioning of pieces. It also gives you the part numbers for bolts and washers which the paper instructions do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I managed to build it entirely myself except for one step that required an allan key on either side and my arms were not long enough to reach both. In the end it took all of two days to assemble.
I can't imagine building this thing by myself, there were quite a few steps that I wondered how you could manage it by yourself.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanni For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Got mine up this weekend as well. Tube slide got a few swear words making the bands connect. A spare pair of hands would have been good there, but was able to do everything myself. Wife did hold the tube slide flange at the top.

Once concern is the crows nest walls, only a few screws holding the walls near the roof end. I'll probably add a few additional brackets.

Hardware was ok, but it would have saved an hour I bet if they were arranged in alphabetical order.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #30
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any reason why people aren't considering inflatable bouncy castles more? They aren't permanent fixtures, they don't cost as much as a complex setup and are relatively quick to set up and take down.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote