Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #1
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Ticketmaster Changes Refund Policy

Ticketmaster has changed the refund policy.

I had tickets for Baseball and Basketball games in AZ for spring break that were postponed. I was not able to get into the US at the time anyway. Ticketmaster has just changed the refund policy ( after the games I had tickets for where to be played).

I think I will tell my Flames ticket rep that if Ticketmaster ( a partner of the NHL and CalgaryFlames) does not refund my basketball and baseball tickets, in a timely fashion, that I will not renew my Flames season tickets.

http://https://www.usatoday.com/stor...ge/2986708001/

Last edited by hah; 04-14-2020 at 09:13 AM.
hah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

If Ticketmaster died, the world would be a better place for fans of all event types.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anyone know what the flames are doing for the remaining games for season ticket holders? I figure until regular season has been officially cancelled we wont be seeing any refunds but figured i would ask
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Does anyone know what the flames are doing for the remaining games for season ticket holders? I figure until regular season has been officially cancelled we wont be seeing any refunds but figured i would ask

My plan is that if I don't cancel, the Flames apply the remaining games ( ticket value refund) to next season as it it almost a quarter of the season. I will most likely decline playoff tickets for this year, unless they play the Oil in the first round and pay as I go.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
As a data point, the NLL season has been cancelled and the Roughnecks options for STH are:
  1. Renew season tickets and applied unused games credit to next season's invoice. They upped the renewal perks to sweeten the deal.
  2. Don't renew and have a credit for future ticket purchases. Lose seats.
  3. Refund for games not played and lose seats.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Did anyone pre order the set of bobbleheads as a STH? Havent heard a thing about that either but they were quick to take payment without a plan haha
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did anyone pre order the set of bobbleheads as a STH? Havent heard a thing about that either but they were quick to take payment without a plan haha
The plan was to give them at the end of the season. They are probably in boxes in the basement of the saddledome and we will not be getting them until July at the earliest.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ticketmaster has changed their policy again and will now offer refunds on postponed shows after pressure from media, fans and politicians.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/202...llows-refunds/
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #9
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Ticketmaster has changed their policy again and will now offer refunds on postponed shows after pressure from media, fans and politicians.

We bought concert tickets for our daughter's birthday, but the show was postponed until Sept. According to the article, we're not eligible for a refund.

Anyone else with an 8 year old daughter will know that it's highly unlikely that what she likes in March will still be something she likes 6 months later
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

While I'm glad they eventually caved, it has always GMG that it takes media attention and public shaming to get things like this done. It was never out of the goodness of their hearts to refund money and help out people during these difficult times. It was 100% about caving due to public pressure and I hate how that is what it takes for some of these companies to change their way.

#### TM. I hope the public doesn't forget this and still seem them for the scum they are. Can't stand that company.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #11
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Good to know! I was supposed to go to New York later this month and had tickets to see Billy Joel. They refused to refund it since the show was just re-scheduled for November.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote