Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2020, 11:28 PM   #461
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
This might come off sounding like a pig but...Lizzy Caplan is naked a lot in this show and I like that. I didn’t even know she was in it!
I think thats only season 1 with Lizzy.

True Blood does actually defeat the Game of Thrones argument I've seen made, where the quality of the show is directly proportionate to the number of boobs in an episode.

True Blood starts off fairly high quality with lots of boobs, they slip a bit in both categories, see the problem, ramp the number of boobs back up trying to break the cycle of sucking, but the show quality continues to decline.

Plus if we are being pigs, the real tragedy is that the strategically placed hair and clothing on Debrah Ann Woll. (if you hold on for a few more seasons, eventually you will know what I mean).
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:13 AM   #462
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This might come off sounding like a pig but...Lizzy Caplan is naked a lot in this show and I like that. I didn’t even know she was in it!
Meh, the show is all about eye candy for everyone, male or female, gay or straight. The gratuitous nature was part of what made it entertaining.

I watched the series with my wife and I could tell she was a little perkier when Alexander Skarsgard was on the screen.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:14 AM   #463
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It seems weird to me you remembered his name. Are you an avid fan or something?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2020, 12:19 AM   #464
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It seems weird to me you remembered his name. Are you an avid fan or something?
Of True Blood?

Yeah, I guess I was. I stuck through the whole series and watched some post wrap-up interviews.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #465
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's also not exactly a no name. His dad is Steplan Skarsgard (from, among other things, the Marvel movies), his brother is Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise from IT), and he won a bunch of awards for being on Big Little Lies... which I never saw, but I gather it was a pretty popular show.

What surprises me about this is that I watched at least 3 seasons of this and can hardly remember a thing about it beyond the name of the main character... probably because it was a meme. The quintessential "junk food tv" show.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #466
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
He's also not exactly a no name. His dad is Steplan Skarsgard (from, among other things, the Marvel movies), his brother is Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise from IT), and he won a bunch of awards for being on Big Little Lies... which I never saw, but I gather it was a pretty popular show.

What surprises me about this is that I watched at least 3 seasons of this and can hardly remember a thing about it beyond the name of the main character... probably because it was a meme. The quintessential "junk food tv" show.
It was a joke from another thread...

Anyways, S2 was excellent, despite the ridiculousness of the Dionysius storyline with Ensign Ro.

Just started S3 and it definitely feels like things are already getting a little off the rails.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #467
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The arc of this show is more akin to Showtime content than HBO. HBO usually has the sense to end shoes once they go off the rails whereas showtime milks them for all they are worth.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:43 PM   #468
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

The exact jump the shark moment was the exorcist head twist sex scene. No doubt about it.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #469
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
The arc of this show is more akin to Showtime content than HBO. HBO usually has the sense to end shoes once they go off the rails whereas showtime milks them for all they are worth.
It's one of those shows that gets ridiculous but it's hard to stop watching. But it's not a show that takes itself that seriously. The ridiculous element is part of what makes it funny I guess. It's like professional wrestling kind of entertainment.