Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #161
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
Pretty physical and dirty game. That cheap tackle on Neymar better not cost him the tournament.

I was confident against the Germans, but with the best back in the world out its going to be a challenge. Dante is good, but Silva is a monster Brazil will have to be very organized defending.

The German back 4 is nothing special and can be opened up, should be a interesting match and if Neymar is out as well then the Germans will get a easy buy into the finals.
Just out of curiosity, what made Brasil so amazing this tournament?
PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #162
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
The Brazillian team doctor Lasmar says "It's not serious in the sense that it doesn't need surgery, but he'll need to immobilize it to recover,".

Fractured Vertabrae sounds much more serious but I hope Neymar could come back if Brazil was in the Finals a week from now.
Quote:
Brazil will be without star striker Neymar for the remainder of the#FIFA World Cup, after he fractured his vertebra late in the team's 2-1 quarter-final win over Colombia on Friday.

Neymar#was carried off the pitch on a stretcher and appeared to be in considerable pain.

Replays showed Colombia's Juan Camillo#Zuniga#kneeing Neymar#in the back while challenging for the ball. It happened in the 87th minute.
"He was crying out in pain,"#Brazil coach Luis Felipe Scolari said after the match. "It won't be easy to recover."#
Brazil's team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirmed hours after the match that Neymar had fractured his vertebra and won't return to the tournament.#

"It's not serious in the sense that it doesn't need surgery, but he'll need to immobilize it to recover," said Lasmar.

"Unfortunately, he's not going to be able to play."#The recovery period could take at least a few weeks.

At first, it seemed like Neymar may have been able to return for the final, if Brazil made it that far. But that's no longer the case.#Losing the striker#—#Brazil's leading scorer with four goals#—#will be a big blow to home team's title chances.

Neymar#had#been playing with a knee and thigh injury after a rough match in the Round of 16 against Chile.

Brazil faces Germany in the semifinals on Tuesday in Belo Horizonte.
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/bra...tory/1.2697032
Old 07-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #163
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
Pretty physical and dirty game. That cheap tackle on Neymar better not cost him the tournament.
GD, that was a dirty, dirty play by Juan Camillo Zuniga. How do you break somebody's back in soccer?!

Oh . . . like that.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/braz...-cup-1.2697032
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #164
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Amazing that neither Zuniga or Fernandinho got a yellow card.

James Rodriguez got a yellow for 1 tackle.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #165
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
GD, that was a dirty, dirty play by Juan Camillo Zuniga. How do you break somebody's back in soccer?!

Oh . . . like that.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/braz...-cup-1.2697032

that has to hurt like a MOFO but when he dives like he gets shot every time he loses a touch or is challenged it made it hard to really believe that he was hurt. Hope he gets better soon
PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PIMking For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #166
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
that has to hurt like a MOFO but when he dives like he gets shot every time he loses a touch or is challenged it made it hard to really believe that he was hurt. Hope he gets better soon

Yeah you sound like it
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #167
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Hey, we see things like this in hockey when the ref doesn't properly gauge the temperature. I agree with the comments I've seen around that say if they hand out a card on one of the early plays on Rodriguez or whatever, then a lot of the later stuff most likely doesn't happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #168
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
[/B]

Yeah you sound like it

Nice fishing attempt 🇩🇪
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #169
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Hey, we see things like this in hockey when the ref doesn't properly gauge the temperature. I agree with the comments I've seen around that say if they hand out a card on one of the early plays on Rodriguez or whatever, then a lot of the later stuff most likely doesn't happen.
Yup.

Im a Brazil fan but I understand when people say that this is an ugly Brazil team to watch. Fernandinhos job was to kick James all over the park so Brazil can't complain that Neymar got injured.

I looked at the stats and there were 53 fouls. 53! 30 by Brazil. The ref had no clue. Do you guys remember Holland vs Portugal In 2006? Considered the most violent game ever? There were not even 30 fouls total in that game but there were 12 yellow cards and 3 reds. And no one got hurt. The ref clamped down.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #170
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I looked at the stats and there were 53 fouls.
I'm assuming that's not even counting the fouls that the refs completely missed. Which were not a few.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #171
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Agree with Lahm but not too sure about Klose.

Didn't think he had a great game, and he actually might be more effective in the super-sub goal poacher role at this stage in his career.
Late to reply but I actually do agree with what you are saying. Klose is no longer the player he was 8 years ago, let alone 4 years ago. However the formation and style that Germany plays with him on the pitch is much more direct and assertive. Klose gives everything he has every time he is on the pitch and seeing as he is the only striker on the team I feel his inclusion in the lineup is essential to their success.
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
die mannschaft , diving , tears and writhing , winner gets alsace