Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League

View Poll Results: Should this deal be accepted?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #21
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

If you offered me Bean for Texier I think that’s a fair deal and they’re even value. Texier is younger and played in the NHL more. Texier was a highly touted prospect and performed in the 2019 playoffs and was doing decent before an injury. He was an everyday guy at his young age. And I’m offering to add to Texier. I just don’t see how Texier+ isn’t fair value for Saad
savardandjokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:23 PM   #22
I wanna be like Miikka
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Probably best to have LA speak to a few GMs and see if he can get a 1st rd prospect type in a deal back. If he can then to me that is much better offer then what is being offered here.
I wanna be like Miikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:25 PM   #23
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well projecting prospects is tricky but Texier is a better piece than anything in the deal now. So it really depends on what you add. Would suggest you two negotiate again and re-submit. For me I'd like to see less picks but better picks. 3rd round picks 2 years away are not particularly valuable assets from my POV.
But that's just my POV
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:26 PM   #24
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Fair enough. I will say that LA specifically said in their trade block post they’re looking for guys close to the NHL/making an impact. Whenever teams are talking about my 1sts they immediately call it a “late 1st” and I don’t see how Texier is not a developed version of that.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #25
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Well projecting prospects is tricky but Texier is a better piece than anything in the deal now. So it really depends on what you add. Would suggest you two negotiate again and re-submit. For me I'd like to see less picks but better picks. 3rd round picks 2 years away are not particularly valuable assets from my POV.
But that's just my POV
I’d do Texier + Blais + 3rd, not sure what the league thinks about that but Blais>3rd and Texier>any piece in current deal.

If a team makes an offer that LA likes better I have no complaints, I know I’m talking too much but I think this is a deal that suits exactly what LA is looking for and is fair value
Old 07-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #26
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Sorry, I had to go out for a few hours. I appreciate the feedback here.

So, from the sounds of it, I'm not far off in evaluating the players. Texier + Blais is only slightly better. But where I'm missing is on the money and picks. I haven't really been through a draft, but I'm getting the impression that the jump in draft rounds is pretty significant. Also, 2.5M in cap space has decent value as well.

So as it is, is a no.

But Sasha Chmelevski + Blais +1st would be a yes, if the cap going back was more around 1M. Or Texier + Blais + 1st if the cap going back was 2M.

Basically, 1st has more value than 2 3rds and 1 4th, and cap is significant enough to equal about a 2nd on it's own. What would be an equivalent to a first round pick in subsequent picks? 2 2nds? 2nd and a 3rd?

Am I catching on?
Just my opinion, but Texier + Blais + 1st is probably worth close to you sending full cap. That's a good return for Saad.

Definitely getting granular here haha but a few options without thinking too hard (and my opinion, not everyone's)

Texier + Blais + 2nd --> Saad + maybe 2M cheese
Blais + Chmel + 1st --> Saad + maybe 2M cheese
Texier + 1st --> Saad + maybe 4.5M cheese

I just don't attribute a lot of value to Chmel and Blais...so I think they kind of confuse the issue a bit. Again that's just how I look at things.

Changing around 2nd to 3rds would just change Cheese is all.

And trying to be respectful of the fact that I don't want to kill this deal between the two parties or make anyone overpay...so please take no offense to my ramblings savardandjokinen

Last edited by simmer2; 07-13-2020 at 09:45 PM.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote