Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #141
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ *Guys who appear in scrums I am counting as journalists :-)

I will back away from all of this. I just don’t personally find much insight in the work of the author.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #142
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Montreal miscalculating Kulak too obviously.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #143
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
^ *Guys who appear in scrums I am counting as journalists :-)

I will back away from all of this. I just don’t personally find much insight in the work of the author.

I think it's always a good idea to read things critically and examine the perspective of the author(s) thoughtfully. We can always thoughtfully disagree with media members and colleagues without getting nasty about it. Heck, thoughtful disagreement is often what generates better content from everybody.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 06:08 PM   #144
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
I think it's always a good idea to read things critically and examine the perspective of the author(s) thoughtfully. We can always thoughtfully disagree with media members and colleagues without getting nasty about it. Heck, thoughtful disagreement is often what generates better content from everybody.
Nuh-uh.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redrum For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #145
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes. That is true. And I have a lot of thoughtful disagreement with pretty much everything that particular journalist writes.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #146
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont mind Haynes at all. He swings a lot from one side to the other. Some thing I agree with, some I dont. Hes not the kind of writer that thinks he is right and holds his opinion high, he just poops stuff out that he thinks is worthy. And hes one of the nicer ones that gives a little back and forth on twitter. Respectable IMO.

Although in this case, like Byron, it's a dead horse on a slow news day. CP needs no help lamenting the past.

Tree did well to move Kulak, he was the definition of tweener at the time. And now we have legit guys like Andersson and Kylington to help forget Kulak.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #147
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I dont mind Haynes at all. He swings a lot from one side to the other. Some thing I agree with, some I dont. Hes not the kind of writer that thinks he is right and holds his opinion high, he just poops stuff out that he thinks is worthy. And hes one of the nicer ones that gives a little back and forth on twitter. Respectable IMO.

Although in this case, like Byron, it's a dead horse on a slow news day. CP needs no help lamenting the past.

Tree did well to move Kulak, he was the definition of tweener at the time. And now we have legit guys like Andersson and Kylington to help forget Kulak.
FYI the Kulak article in the OP is from Kent Wilson.

Not sure if you're confused about that. Haynes just posted the Tweet pointing out Kulak has been healthy'd 3 times already.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: