Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yah i agree. I would have jumped at the opportunity when the other guy came out as that guys brother.
Yeah that may come back to haunt her as she could have announced it at the same time and it would have swept up with Paulie's announcement and not made of as big a deal seeing there's so much going on in the first two days with the new people and competitions for HOH that the players aren't dwelling on all the little things. When it comes out for her it's going to be more of a bigger deal because she hid it longer and it's going to get full attention of the house.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #22
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Not a fan of Paul. I hope he gets out early
I second that. Can't stand him. Nothing worse than someone trying to take over a group challenge when that person doesn't really know what he's doing, or is a weak competitor. I would not be able to bite my tongue if I were on his team.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #23
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Da'Vonne should have stuck with the first "Paulie"
Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awh Glenn. That was so close.

Newbies are playing like idiots, but so is Nicole. Just put up two people who are coming after you, the idea of pawns or nominating someone "who can play in the veto" is risky. She was overthinking these nominations.

Last edited by mile; 06-23-2016 at 08:00 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #25
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I only just watched the premiere. Man I wish we could just eliminate Davonne's entire team. So annoying. Except the quiet new girl in that team. She's ok. Zakiyah.

Everyone else seems ok. Bit emotional, fake and plastic but that's BB for ya.

Just started Thursday show. Oh good Vanessa's sister likes to cry too. Sigh. Dislike her already.

Honestly after that I like most other people on first impression.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #26
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I only just watched the premiere. Man I wish we could just eliminate Davonne's entire team. So annoying. Except the quiet new girl in that team. She's ok. Zakiyah.
I second this!
Actually just get out Paul & Jose. They do know they're on tv right? With millions of people watching them.
A guy I knew in Aus was good friends with a guy who was on the local version of BB. They portrayed him as a player on the show. In one night I saw him have 3 drinks thrown in his face and countless dudes picking fights with him.
Show pretty much ruined his social life.
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #27
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Paulie

That is all
Old 06-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's only the first week but Davonne is playing pretty well. The new twist is interesting.

The enthusiasm from the three girls about their alliance is kinda cute. It'd be funny if they fell ass-backwards into some success.

I think I like Zakiyah the most right now.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #29
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
The enthusiasm from the three girls about their alliance is kinda cute. It'd be funny if they fell ass-backwards into some success.
Best part was forming their alliance right in front of another girl, Tiffany
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #30
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

pixelated costumes are so weird!

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #31
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

This will be the first season of BB, that I'm skipping.

Maybe I'm getting older, but I can't be bothered this time round.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #32
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I forgot how much I liked Frank, and James is just a funny guy to watch in general. Hope those two go far.

Da'vonne and Paul should get together as they seem to have this idea they are running the house when the first few weeks are always a "fluid" concept.

Jose is starting to get delusional that everyone likes him and there is no way he is going home.

I'm going to guess one of the nominees win the veto, because all new new people seem pretty timid and most non-block people avoid winning veto early to avoid rocking the boat with anyone.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #33
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like there are just too many twists and turns and rules and HOH and saved and not saved stuff. It's annoying.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #34
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I feel like there are just too many twists and turns and rules and HOH and saved and not saved stuff. It's annoying.
It's like this every year -- all these damn twists. I don't mind the competition for an anonymous nomination, but what's the point of all these teams? Just seems to be too many layers of you're safe, you're not safe, etc.

I've been saying for a while, a great hook would be a "classic" season -- no weird twists. Just normal HOH, Veto, and that's it.

But, usually by about halfway they've abandoned all that stuff and just play a normal game from there out.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #35
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm disappointed with all these twists. Twists have ruined Big Brother Canada (to the point where it's blatant manipulation by production) and I can see Big Brother US going down that road.

I suppose they have to try something though. They can't even really have any wild/strongs personalities in the house anymore because they have to be super careful after that season with all the racists and homophobes they let into the house for some odd reason.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 06-27-2016 at 01:26 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #36
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Agree with comments about too many scenarios to be safe or available for noms etc. Too many competitions.

What's the point of winning hoh anymore?
Old 06-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #37
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Agree with comments about too many scenarios to be safe or available for noms etc. Too many competitions.

What's the point of winning hoh anymore?
Right now the only real purpose of HOH is to keep you and your team off the block for a week. I do quite like the anonymous vote for 3rd person on the block as far too long voters and HOH have sided with the house too afraid to get blood on their hands or be outed for not voting with the house. Now a player can actually put someone on the block that favors their personal game and not the direction the house wants. I've long been of the opinion they should not announce the eviction vote count because it keeps people from voting the way they would like to.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #38
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too many unanimous votes make seasons boring hence all the twists to try and shake things up and get people to actually play. As opposed to playing scared like 90% of the house guests do despite claiming to do otherwise. The road kill twist is pretty cool in my opinion. Way better than that BBMVP power they tried that one season and America kept giving it to the same person.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #39
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Too many unanimous votes make seasons boring hence all the twists to try and shake things up and get people to actually play. As opposed to playing scared like 90% of the house guests do despite claiming to do otherwise. The road kill twist is pretty cool in my opinion. Way better than that BBMVP power they tried that one season and America kept giving it to the same person.
I actually agree with the road kill twist, despite the stupid name. Having anonymous nominees or at least one anyway, is a great way to add intrigue to the show.

I just feel like with 3 nominees, then veto, plus Nicole's entire team being exempt, there just aren't very many people left to nominate after veto. If it were up to me, there would be no replacement nominee after veto. Get them down to two nominees.

And while I'm not a huge fan of the HOH having less and less power, maybe it is a necessary evil to make sure that the show has some solid gameplay and intrigue.

Three nominees can only last for a short while. You can't let it go on too long and have votes be 3-3-2 (well 4-3-2 with HOH tiebreak) to evict somone. If there are 12 people left and 3 are nominated and one is HOH then that's only 8 votes. Could you imagine being eliminated on HOH tiebreaker with a total of 4 votes? That'd be only 1/3 of the house voting you to leave. That's absurd.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #40
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't wait for "the messiah" to get blindsided tomorrow.

Nicole is lucky. If there was no BB Roadkill and Paul wasn't nominated, he surely would've saved Jozeh with the veto and her HOH would've been wasted.