Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #301
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used my S8 for its entirety without a screen protector (I could never apply one without getting dust underneath) and case. Outside of a few minor scratches, it held up well. I even dropped it from standing height several times with no glass breaks.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #302
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Can we all just admit that screen protectors suck? Most cases can be placed into the same category.
I completely agree about screen protectors but disagree on cases. I've never used a screen protector, with the glass they use on phones these days (and for years now) I think they are totally unnecessary. Cases still have a use though. I don't drop my phone often but it does happen and they can really save an expensive investment.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #303
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I completely agree about screen protectors but disagree on cases. I've never used a screen protector, with the glass they use on phones these days (and for years now) I think they are totally unnecessary. Cases still have a use though. I don't drop my phone often but it does happen and they can really save an expensive investment.
I use a case as well as they do help when you inevitably drop your phone right on the corner. I'm just saying that they take so much away from the aesthetics of these new devices. Apple and Samsung put millions of dollars into designing a phone just to have us cover them up with an $8 piece of plastic. It's unfortunate that phones still can't deal with being dropped on the sidewalk.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #304
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have an OtterBox clear case on my Mate 20 Pro that provides drop protection while not covering the sweet Twilight backing.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #305
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Really loving my S10 so far. Early impressions, but it's my favorite new phone since my Galaxy Nexus many years ago.

It may sound weird, but it's just a beautiful phone. It makes me really want to treat it well. The build quality, the weight, the feel... all as good as it gets.

My only disappointment is the pre-installed screen protector. Whoever did my phone at Samsung did a terrible job and there were several obvious dust spots underneath it. I didn't expect such a poor job from a manufacturer. So I took it off immediately.
Haha I still haven't received my phone. I'm tracking it on Purolator. It was in Calgary Friday and Monday. Then yesterday afternoon it went on an adventure to Vancouver. At 2:00 a.m. this morning it was in Burnaby. Might just wait for the S11 at this point.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #306
Duruss
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Think this thread is my best bet for help. I have a still image I want to animate so that it fades in and out with maybe a heart beat sound. What app should I use?

Last edited by Duruss; 03-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #307
DoubleK
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else curious about the Google Game Console announcement coming on Tuesday?
Old 03-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #308
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Anyone else curious about the Google Game Console announcement coming on Tuesday?
I am. I have a feeling it is going to be a very VR heavy console. Possibly totally VR.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote