Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #4921
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
My very old Honda (2001) is showing a SRS warning light indicating an airbag or seatbelt problem. I don’t see anything wrong with the belts and the bag has never deployed. Anyone here know about this or how to rectify it? Does the bag need servicing?
Could be as simple as the switch in the receiver (where you click in the seatbelt) is bad. Or the clockspring (also known as spiral cable) could be failing, or any number of potential failure points like bad (rusty) shock sensors (bolted to the bumper support or frame rail).

Need a code reader to get specifics on the problem. Also see here your car may have one of the defective airbags that has been recalled, note the defect generally does not trigger a warning light but is a severe safety concern.
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehicl...ions-1433.html
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #4922
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mmmm $18 million Bugatti

more pics:
https://www.netcarshow.com/bugatti/2...voiture_noire/

Big fan of the 6 tailpipes. More vehicles need 6 tailpipes.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #4923
GC91
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I have broken door handle (exterior) on a 2010 Ford Ranger. I believe its the attachment of the rod and the exterior handle that needs to be fixed. Any mechanics on here that have an idea for how much this would cost to fix. I'm guessing between 150-200? What mechanic shops around the city get the Calgary Puck 5 star rating!
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #4924
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC91 View Post
I have broken door handle (exterior) on a 2010 Ford Ranger. I believe its the attachment of the rod and the exterior handle that needs to be fixed. Any mechanics on here that have an idea for how much this would cost to fix. I'm guessing between 150-200? What mechanic shops around the city get the Calgary Puck 5 star rating!
If you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined you might be able to do this one yourself. Google is a great resource and you could get the part online for a good price (or at a local wrecker). The handle on my old GMC broke and a Google search, order the part, and an hour later I was all done. It was very straight forward.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #4925
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #4926
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really tempted to swap out the winters for summers this weekend. Probably too early though.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #4927
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm really tempted to swap out the winters for summers this weekend. Probably too early though.
Wasn't it like -30 a week or so ago? It's way too early. We get snow through April every single year here.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #4928
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Wasn't it like -30 a week or so ago? It's way too early. We get snow through April every single year here.
I'm optimistic that we hit the end last week.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #4929
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm optimistic that we hit the end last week.
Well, you've said it, so I hope you realize that everything that happens now is your fault.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #4930
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I'd say too early. Rules of thumb are Thanksgiving and Easter

That said I might do one of my vehicles this weekend too, but on the other one I won't bother yet
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #4931
MillerTime GFG
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Power steering fluid leak - before I bring it into the shop and spend hundreds on labour, has anyone ever tried one of those “Stop Leak” products? I can’t unders how they’d work, but wondering if they DO work.

Thanks in advance!
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #4932
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes they do but it depends on the leak. Won’t fix a broken line but if a seal is shrunk it may.

You have to top up the system anyways so no harm in trying.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #4933
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apologies if this has been covered - looking for recommendations on an AC powered air compressor.

I store my sports car in the winter in the garage and the tires lose air over time.

Also is it important to move the car slightly a couple of times over the winter to balance out the tires? Maybe academic now as I hope to have the car out of storage in a couple weeks once the City begins sweeping the streets.

Thanks
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #4934
accord1999
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Apologies if this has been covered - looking for recommendations on an AC powered air compressor.
Do you have any battery-based tool system like Ryobi? I recently bought an air inflator that uses the Ryobi 18v batteries and it's a lot more convenient to use for tires because it's small and light (and obviously cordless), and the desired pressure can be preset and it'll stop when it reaches it.
accord1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #4935
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a DEWALT DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor I bought off Amazon for $230, works well and even has enough capacity to run air tools.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:26 AM   #4936
cam_wmh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone ever bought a used car in Europe, drove it to port (Rotterdam for example), and then had it shipped and imported to Canada?

If so, how did you find the process? Where did you import from?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #4937
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Could anyone recommend a shop for traditional steel frame welding? The rear rails on a car very sentimental to me would need to be patched to pass an out of province (a super common occurrence on the platform) and I just don’t have to space to do it.
Thanks.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #4938
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Also is it important to move the car slightly a couple of times over the winter to balance out the tires? Maybe academic now as I hope to have the car out of storage in a couple weeks once the City begins sweeping the streets.

Thanks
I've never had a problem short term (over winter) but yes the longer they sit the more prone they are to flat spots. I like to install a set of junk tires on mine before it goes into storage. Or you can throw the car up on jackstands which are cheap.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #4939
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I've never had a problem short term (over winter) but yes the longer they sit the more prone they are to flat spots. I like to install a set of junk tires on mine before it goes into storage. Or you can throw the car up on jackstands which are cheap.
Putting crappier tires on is a great idea. Letting the car's suspension hang on jack stands for a few months straight is generally thought of to be a bad idea though.

If you don't have a different set of tires to put on for storage if you just keep them pumped full of air you'll be fine. Pump them up to about 10 psi more than you'd have for driving and check them every few weeks
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #4940
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bit of an odd one on my 05 Mazda 3. Driving to work the other day, about 15 mins in so well into normal running temps and I'm sitting at a red light with the heater on. Notice the vents are now blowing cold air. Take off and get to work and sitting in the parking lot, I turn the fan off and then back on. Hot air coming in again.

It's done this a few more times intermittently. What could be doing that? Bad thermostat? Heater core on it's way out?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote