Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #741
gaffobohs
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
plugged directly into router, and 5g. All of my devices (macbook, appletvs, ipad) are connected to 5G except my sonos speakers. Those are all at 2.4. I'm at 100Mbps today.
That's crazy. Definitely get onto Shaw about that!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
gaffobohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #742
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
plugged directly into router, and 5g. All of my devices (macbook, appletvs, ipad) are connected to 5G except my sonos speakers. Those are all at 2.4. I'm at 100Mbps today.
Sonos only work on 2.4Ghz, and only over channels 1, 6, and 11. I had one hell of a time trying to get the wife's Sonos to work with her Wi-Fi when we first started dating, and it was because stupid Telus set her Wi-Fi router to broadcast over 2.4Ghz channel 7.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #743
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep running into a situation with Shaw and wondering if anyone else has had this happen.....

My account with Shaw is set up to be charged automatically to my credit card on the due date. 2-3 times a year I'll get a letter from Shaw advising my last payment was declined. I call my CC provider and they advise they don't even see an attempt from Shaw to collect it. This same CC is used also attached to Enmax and Koodo for automatic payments. Never had an issue with either of them, just Shaw. It's not a limit issue, I'm miles away from maxing it out and it's paid off in full each month.

I realize the likely solution is to attached a different credit card but I put this on my WestJet card and that's a lot of points to lose out on every year.

Anyone else hear of anything similar to this?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #744
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still having issues - finally had enough & making the switch to Telus. Got Internet 150 for $60/month for 2 years, plus PikTV for free (for whatever that's worth).
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #745
Aleks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I'm still having issues - finally had enough & making the switch to Telus. Got Internet 150 for $60/month for 2 years, plus PikTV for free (for whatever that's worth).

What part of town are you in again? Mine finally got resolved last week, at least its seemed stable that entire time. I got a refund of $100 for a month and half of service. I was one trip to a telus store away from doing the same thing. Thats frustrating that its not resolved for you yet. Let us know if the new service works as it should!