Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #201
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
When there are cheaper options to take those limited minutes, and those cheaper options may be able to produce I'd say its worth looking into.
Cap space is no longer a big issue after the Frolik trade so trying to save less than a million on our 4th line centre doesn't seem to be a priority at all.

Again none of the players you suggest have proven to be better NHL centres than Jankowski. He appears to be the best option of all the ones you listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Gaudreau's struggles, or the struggles of any of our top 6 don't let our support players off the hook for doing nothing with the role they've been given.
Doing nothing? Jankowski has played some effective hockey. He doesn't have a lot of points to show for it but points is a pretty poor metric to be judging our 4th liners solely on isn't it?

I'll say it again, Gaudreau has been worse in his role than Jankowski has in his. Much is expected of Gaudreau, little is expected of Jankowski.
Flames Draft Watcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #202
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Gaudreau had so many turnovers last night you would think he was running a bakery
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #203
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Another thing I noticed last night. Flames have the puck, Gio and Rasmus in their zone. Bennett and Tkachuk each start their route, across the blue line then up the boards.

Gio and Rasmus go D to D. Forwards run out of room and have to stop and look back at the opposing blue line. The Flames make an ineffective pass when nobody is in a position to receive one, and promptly turn over the puck.

It’s tough to watch when a team that was so deadly last year has so many plays with the D basically disconnected from the forwards.

Too many zone exits suck
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #204
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Another thing I noticed last night. Flames have the puck, Gio and Rasmus in their zone. Bennett and Tkachuk each start their route, across the blue line then up the boards.

Gio and Rasmus go D to D. Forwards run out of room and have to stop and look back at the opposing blue line. The Flames make an ineffective pass when nobody is in a position to receive one, and promptly turn over the puck.

It’s tough to watch when a team that was so deadly last year has so many plays with the D basically disconnected from the forwards.

Too many zone exits suck
I thought last night was one of Rasmus' weaker nights. I'm a big fan of his but he just seemed off.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote