The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #302
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
How are you not a shill?
Don't mind him, he's just an Anonymous Stranger hangin' out on the internet. Nothing to see here.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 08:33 AM   #303
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Hong Kong has shown overwhelming support for the protesters. Massive turnout for district elections, which were widely seen as a litmus test for the protests. A 100% increase in voter turnout for these local elections saw “total annihilation” of pro-Beijing politicians with 347 seats going to pro-democracy candidates and only 60 to the pro-China candidates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...china-50541627
Fantastic result especially since there were reports of HK police force running shady crap and attempting to interfere with ballot boxes/intimidate voters.
Mainland Chinese propagandists have consistently been pushing the narrative that a "silent majority" did not support the HK protests in the running. This election result basically crushes that entire narrative.

While this is an extremely strong rebuke of the Communist Government, district elections elections only make up half of the legislative council governing Hong Kong and only a small fraction of the votes to choose a chief executive. Carrie Lam is not going anyway any time soon. Though she'll feel more and more pressure to put in proper oversight of the police.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #304
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hong Kong has shown overwhelming support for the protesters. Massive turnout for district elections, which were widely seen as a litmus test for the protests. A 100% increase in voter turnout for these local elections saw “total annihilation” of pro-Beijing politicians with 347 seats going to pro-democracy candidates and only 60 to the pro-China candidates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...china-50541627
People who've decided these protests are not supported by regular HK people, etc on this board and otherwise will hopefully see these results and realize they are trusting bad biased resources for their reporting. They won't but they should.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #305
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Stranger is a complete shill. May even be getting paid for it:

This is a good watch. I remember CSIS warning one of the Liberal MPs was an agent of China. I believe them after watching this. They tried doing the same thing with a guy in Australia. Paying him off to run for the Liberal party and he refused and went to the security agencies of Australia. Ended up being killed by a spy ring. Now a Chinese spy is exposing secrets publicly and he is worried for his own life.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Chinese spy spills secrets to expose Communist espionage | 60 Minutes Australia

northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #306
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Stranger is a complete shill. May even be getting paid for it:

This is a good watch. I remember CSIS warning one of the Liberal MPs was an agent of China. I believe them after watching this. They tried doing the same thing with a guy in Australia. Paying him off to run for the Liberal party and he refused and went to the security agencies of Australia. Ended up being killed by a spy ring. Now a Chinese spy is exposing secrets publicly and he is worried for his own life.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Chinese spy spills secrets to expose Communist espionage | 60 Minutes Australia

I’m assuming you are trying to get me banned for being a “shill” simply because my opinion conflicts with your own? Is this how freedom of speech works in western countries? “Freedom for me, but not for thee”?
AnonymousStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #307
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't think anyone is trying to get you banned, just call you out for some repugnant opinions. You are free to have them and people are free to criticize. Pretty simple stuff.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #308
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Don't think anyone is trying to get you banned, just call you out for some repugnant opinions. You are free to have them and people are free to criticize. Pretty simple stuff.
Exactly. I know that's how things work on the mainland but we are in Canada. You don't get thrown in a gulag to have your organs harvested for having the wrong opinion or a low social credit score.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #309
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

AnonymousStranger, you aren't presenting an opinion, you are presenting disinformation as facts which are nothing more than the lies spewed by The Party. So don't feel all "woe is me" when you get called on it. That stuff may fly in China, but most of the rest of the world sees through it pretty easily.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #310
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
I’m assuming you are trying to get me banned for being a “shill” simply because my opinion conflicts with your own? Is this how freedom of speech works in western countries? “Freedom for me, but not for thee”?
That's rich considering the closest thing HK has to legitimate democratic freedom of expression just curbstomped your narrative about the general public's perceptions of the protests into powder. If your opinions are time and again being completely disproven by the actual events on the ground it's going to get called out.

Why ban you? It's far more effective to have you around as a this-is-what-Beijing-hardliners-actually-believe case study.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorbeauNoir For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #311
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. I know that's how things work on the mainland but we are in Canada. You don't get thrown in a gulag to have your organs harvested for having the wrong opinion or a low social credit score.
I don’t know how things work on the mainland either. I’ve lived in Canada my whole life. I just have happened to form my own conclusions that western media propagates disinformation when it comes to China for the unilateral geopolitical gain of their own country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
AnonymousStranger, you aren't presenting an opinion, you are presenting disinformation as facts which are nothing more than the lies spewed by The Party. So don't feel all "woe is me" when you get called on it. That stuff may fly in China, but most of the rest of the world sees through it pretty easily.
I don’t see how I am presenting disinformation. I mean I’m linking to Wikipedia articles. I thought those were fairly well vetted, are they not?

Edit: I know that the vast majority of people won’t do this because you all seem pretty hardened in your positions, but I would recommend you check out the YouTube channel of a guy named Nathan Rich. Really opened my eyes to a lot of things.

Last edited by AnonymousStranger; 11-25-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #312
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

LOL Wikipedia vetted LOL
Old 11-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #313
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its not unusual, if you look at it Xi Jinping and his cronies in government were around for the formative years of Mao's rule. While most of the veterans of the long walk are dead now. The hardliners still worship at the feet of the little red book and one of the greatest mass murderers in history.

While China certainly opened up some freedoms in their society, the underlying terror of Mao still remains, if you oppose the Chinese Government or don't fit properly into their expectation of Chinese society the state will show little to no mercy to you.

While Communism certainly fought Facism, its amazing that they share a common methodology in terms of ruling and dealing with their people.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #314
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t know how things work on the mainland either. I’ve lived in Canada my whole life. I just have happened to form my own conclusions that western media propagates disinformation when it comes to China for the unilateral geopolitical gain of their own country.

I don’t see how I am presenting disinformation. I mean I’m linking to Wikipedia articles. I thought those were fairly well vetted, are they not?

Edit: I know that the vast majority of people won’t do this because you all seem pretty hardened in your positions, but I would recommend you check out the YouTube channel of a guy named Nathan Rich. Really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
You have been provided with countless facts to refute your claims, to which you choose to ignore. Then you respond to direct criticism but still ignore/refuse to comment on the information that was provided to you.

The US government, which you could argue the current top Of which wants to do away with democracy, just unanimously voted in favour of the protestors in Hong Kong. An absolute landslide victory last night for pro-democracy candidates, after 6 months of protests (of which you claim don’t have any support). How many apples have to smack you over the head before you figure out the truth here?

So yes, of course you are going to get called out here.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #315
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, you are in Canada? Good! Then you can watch this and get back to us. I provided it earlier, but it seems like you maybe lost the link. Here you go!

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-011deff16a0
Old 11-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #316
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
LOL Wikipedia vetted LOL
All of those entries seem to have been “vetted” quite recently too, by similar users. Hmmmmmmmm
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #317
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Oh, you are in Canada? Good! Then you can watch this and get back to us. I provided it earlier, but it seems like you maybe lost the link. Here you go!

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-011deff16a0
You watch the Nathan Rich videos as well then.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #318
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Takes literally 5 seconds to google Nathan Rich and China and seeing people question his motives

Last edited by PeteMoss; 11-25-2019 at 03:02 PM.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #319
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:

Okay, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I DON’T live in Canada, I haven’t for almost a decade now. I live in an ethnically Chinese country, have been to the PRC multiple times, have also lived in SE Asian nations where Chinese influence is extreme. China dominates thought, conversation, and politics here in a way nothing does in Canada.

I know what I’m talking about when I say your support for the PRC is misplaced, and your understanding of how the media works is also wrong. The PRC is not a force for good, they are absolutely as wretched as they are made out to be, and having Canadians like you offer support and defense for their actions is deeply unsettling.

I’ll go so far as to invite you to Taiwan and China to find out for yourself. I have a guest bedroom, hit me up.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #320
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Okay, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I DON’T live in Canada, I haven’t for almost a decade now. I live in an ethnically Chinese country, have been to the PRC multiple times, have also lived in SE Asian nations where Chinese influence is extreme. China dominates thought, conversation, and politics here in a way nothing does in Canada.

I know what I’m talking about when I say your support for the PRC is misplaced, and your understanding of how the media works is also wrong. The PRC is not a force for good, they are absolutely as wretched as they are made out to be, and having Canadians like you offer support and defense for their actions is deeply unsettling.

I’ll go so far as to invite you to Taiwan and China to find out for yourself. I have a guest bedroom, hit me up.
Uh, you live in Taiwan, the heartland of anti-China propaganda. I would trust your opinion on mainland Chinese matters even less than an American.