They left one heck of a mess behind.

https://www.facebook.com/WWConverge/...7027485139182/
Old 07-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #3782
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I feel like the billionaire class living in constant fear of the paranoia of the lower classes would fix a lot of the fundamental problems america faces.
Beheading a few of them wouldnt be a bad way of sending a message, Zuckerberg and Musk come to mind
Old 07-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #3783
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
They left one heck of a mess behind.

https://www.facebook.com/WWConverge/...7027485139182/

Sounds like something out of Mad Max

https://calgaryherald.com/pmn/news-p...box=1593625222

Quote:
SEATTLE — Seattle police were working to clear out a protest zone in the city that has become “lawless and brutal” after weeks of violence, including four shootings and the deaths of two teenagers, the city’s police chief said on Wednesday.

Officers, wearing extra protective gear, entered the city’s “autonomous zone” early on Wednesday and have so far arrested 13 people, according to the police department’s Twitter feed. They observed vehicles circling the area carrying passengers with firearms and armor, although there were no reports of violence, it said.

Quote:
Businesses in the area, a trendy neighborhood of hipster bars and boutiques, have been pushing for the authorities to take a tougher stance. Attorneys have filed two class action lawsuits against the City of Seattle, including one aimed at preventing city and state leaders from allowing the establishment of any future “lawless autonomous zones.” (Reporting by Lindsey Wasson in Seattle, Barbara Goldberg in Maplewood, New Jersey and Nathan Layne in Wilton, Connecticut Editing by Steve Orlofsky and Bernadette Baum)

Too bad the city probably can't send a bill to the organizers of this thing to cover the damages done, and hold them to account for the murders.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #3784
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

But muh summer of love/blockparty!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2Stonedbirds For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #3785
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
That is going to be a hefty hospital bill.
murica.

Don't recall if there was a GoFundMe or anything but I sure as hell hope somebody took care of this.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #3786
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Beheading a few of them wouldnt be a bad way of sending a message, Zuckerberg and Musk come to mind
Musk may be a ######, but his companies are a net benefit to humanity, the complete opposite of Facebook. Bezos should be first on the block next to Zuckerberg
Old 07-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #3787
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Looks like Seattle got tired of CHOP/CHAZ

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/us/se...ers/index.html
But not before they shot two teens in a car the other night. Seems like police roleplaying went too far.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #3788
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Musk may be a ######, but his companies are a net benefit to humanity, the complete opposite of Facebook. Bezos should be first on the block next to Zuckerberg
McConnell needs to be first or I will not be satisfied.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #3789
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
McConnell needs to be first or I will not be satisfied.
McConnell is just a symptom, he and the rest of the GOP don't get where they are without the backing of the billionaire class like the Koch brothers and Rupert Murdoch. If it actually get to the point where they have to start fearing for their safety from the angry peasant class then you'll see politics start shifting really quick
Old 07-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #3790
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stonedbirds View Post
But muh summer of love/blockparty!
Things ended real quick when the summer of love came to the mayors house.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #3791
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Don't know if this belongs here, but she was gear grindingly stupid, and no Deloitte didn't fire you over racial issues, or because they hate BLM, they fired you because you're a moron and come across as a crazy person. But sure, make it about Racism. Not all Harvard grads are smart.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/harvar...k-stab-threat/

Quote:
The Harvard graduate who said in a TikTok video that she would “stab” anyone who told her “All Lives Matter” revealed in a new pair of recordings that she has lost her job over the perceived threats and ensuing furor.

“Standing up for Black Lives Matter put me in a place online to be seen by millions of people,” a teary Claira Janover said in a new video posted Wednesday afternoon. “The job that I’d worked really hard to get and meant a lot to me has called me and fired me because of everything.”

Janover’s LinkedIn account lists her as an “incoming government and public business service analyst” at Deloitte, a UK-based accounting firm.

Quote:
“I’ma stab you,” the Connecticut native said in the video, zooming in tight on her face.
“I’ma stab you, and while you’re struggling and bleeding out, I’ma show you my paper cut and say, ‘My cut matters, too.'”
Janover, who contended that the message was an analogy rather than a serious threat, has since deleted that video, but said that she’s since received a deluge of threats against her own life and safety.

In her new videos, she blamed supporters of President Trump for going after her job.

Quote:
“Trump supporters took my job away from me,” she said in another new video posted Wednesday. “I have gotten death threats, rape threats, violent threats. It was OK, but now my future’s entirely compromised because Trump supporters have decided to come for my life.”

Trump supporters didn't cost you your job, you cost yourself your job.

Moron

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 AM   #3792
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I think our Twitter embed is broken but:

"Martin Gugino, the 75-year-old protester who was shoved by riot police in Buffalo, N.Y., earlier this month, causing him to fall backward and fracture his skull, has been released from the hospital after nearly 4 weeks."

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...ce=twitter.com
This is great news! I know I saw that event differently than others, but the most important thing is his health.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:33 AM   #3793
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I feel like the billionaire class living in constant fear of the paranoia of the lower classes would fix a lot of the fundamental problems america faces.
As someone who lives much of his life in fear, no one deserves that
Old 07-02-2020, 01:17 AM   #3794
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Don't know if this belongs here, but she was gear grindingly stupid, and no Deloitte didn't fire you over racial issues, or because they hate BLM, they fired you because you're a moron and come across as a crazy person. But sure, make it about Racism. Not all Harvard grads are smart.

Moron

America has a culture of blame and victimization
Old 07-02-2020, 05:06 AM   #3795
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Moron

I just saw this but I tend to agree with her. It is obviously taking a statement completely out of context and in a very intentional manner. I don't know if someone can watch that video and actually think that she will literally stab anyone who says all lives matter.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:33 AM   #3796
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Watching video, she says

"The next person that says to me 'all lives matter' I'm gonna stab you, then show you my paper cut and say 'my cut matters too!'"

Obviously a joke demonstrating the idiocy of the All Lives Matter movement.

No reasonable person would take that as a threat. Mind you, you aren't dealing with reasonable people here, but still there was no actual threat.

This wasn't stupidity on her part, this is either (a) the company not wanting to have an employee who supports BLM, or (b) the employee lost their job due to the travel ban and couldn't actually get to the UK to work and are trying to politicize this to get their job (which they can't get to) back.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 06:14 AM   #3797
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Moron

I mean I doubt she gets fired if her name wasn't trending on Twitter or people hadn't notified the company.

(Also a data point to show the right is more than willing to use cancel culture).
Old 07-02-2020, 06:14 AM   #3798
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Watching video, she says

"The next person that says to me 'all lives matter' I'm gonna stab you, then show you my paper cut and say 'my cut matters too!'"

Obviously a joke demonstrating the idiocy of the All Lives Matter movement.

No reasonable person would take that as a threat. Mind you, you aren't dealing with reasonable people here, but still there was no actual threat.

This wasn't stupidity on her part, this is either (a) the company not wanting to have an employee who supports BLM, or (b) the employee lost their job due to the travel ban and couldn't actually get to the UK to work and are trying to politicize this to get their job (which they can't get to) back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I just saw this but I tend to agree with her. It is obviously taking a statement completely out of context and in a very intentional manner. I don't know if someone can watch that video and actually think that she will literally stab anyone who says all lives matter.
LOL come on fellas. It was a stupid thing to put out on social media and it's no different than any other person that has lost their jobs for saying dumb things on social media that may not represent the values of the company. We have got to the point where context no longer matters regardless and you can't pick and choose what dumb jokes are acceptable and what's not. Be dumb on social media and you can lose your job end of story.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-02-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #3799
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Redskins (it's actually kind of hard to even type that name) are about to be canceled if they don't change their name...new pressure on sponsors and their new stadium is off the table unless they clean it up.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-redskins-name
Old 07-02-2020, 07:32 AM   #3800
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
^^ Not sure what you are getting at, but short Facebook or Google stock at your own peril, in my opinion. I think Facebook is reprehensible in many aspects, but I do not doubt the near monopoly power it holds in respect of digital media.
Quoting myself, but to those that thought shorting Facebook stock was a good idea please note:
June 25 $234.72
June 29 $209.50
July 1 $237.55

Facebook has done the absolute minimum and the stock bounced back in 2 days. I would argue they could have done nothing and they would have seen a similar bounce back. They have more than enough market power to withstand a temporary boycott from a few sponsors.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Closed Thread