Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Closed

Closed - didnt sell

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 10-25-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

pictures up!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Great master bath.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy over processed photos Batman.

More photos on Flickr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Holy over processed photos Batman.
I think they look excellent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They are definitely overcooked HDR photos for sure. The average viewer though doesn't notice these thing and probably just think the photos "pop!". Either way, they are a vast improvement over the blackberry photos you see sometimes on MLS, and it's always nice seeing a Realtor spending some money to properly market his properties.
The Following User Says Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
AMG_G
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
They are definitely overcooked HDR photos for sure. The average viewer though doesn't notice these thing and probably just think the photos "pop!". Either way, they are a vast improvement over the blackberry photos you see sometimes on MLS, and it's always nice seeing a Realtor spending some money to properly market his properties.

Would I become better than average if I get a better camera because the pictures look great to me?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
it's always nice seeing a Realtor spending some money to properly market his properties.
I've shot a few home interiors during my time, there is no need for eye bleeding HDR professional photos (unless it's 2007 and it's the trendy "thing" to do).

The buyer arrives and the house it looks nothing like the photos.
"Whadda mean the cupboards and flooring don't glow naturally?"

Any capable photographer should be able to capture it properly without resorting to piss poor EXTREME processing techniques.

The shadows are highlights are so blown out it's actually kinda funny.

Bait and switch?

More photos on Flickr
Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Isn't the goal to standout and get foot traffic through the house/unit? These pictures standout and make me want to go view the property. If it doesn't live up once I get to the property so be it and I move on to looking at the next. New home magazines do all their pictures like this to get you into their show homes.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
jayswin

Exp:

nm
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
I've shot a few home interiors during my time, there is no need for eye bleeding HDR professional photos (unless it's 2007 and it's the trendy "thing" to do).

Any capable photographer should be able to capture it properly without resorting to piss poor EXTREME processing techniques.

Bait and switch?
Good Lord, Regulator75's going for the throat on Realtor1 here. Easy up man, they're just photos. Yes, they're a little processed, but suggesting he may be playing a "bait and switch", and calling his photographer's skills "piss poor"? C'mon.

I love your photos, but you always come off a little too holier than thou and indignant when it comes to your snarky, argressive degredation of other people's photos, for my liking.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me, or is this house fugly on the inside.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Is it just me, or is this a completely useless and uncalled for post?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
It looks pretty modern and warm, with lots of nice features. Not sure what you're trying to say here. It may not be your cup of tea, but certainly not ugly.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just wonder if this house is even habitable now, whether it got nailed in the flood. It might be an infill in the greatest sense of the word - filled in with muck and crap.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Bait and switch?
I shoot interiors for a living. This photographer was probably paid <$200 to shoot this place and deliver ~20 photos in an hour or less. In my opinion, she's shooting too wide and has colour cast issues, but real estate photography is a tough game. If you've shot some interiors, you know it can be tricky - no scene is ever the same as the last. For real estate, the margins aren't there to wait for the sun to move, to bring in a bunch of lights, to scrim windows, to stitch together multiple tilt-shift exposures, etc. "Good enough" is the name of the game.

I dunno how it is in Calgary, but big box companies here have driven prices into the dirt while providing pretty nice photos (better than these). So you either have to treat it as a business (like a trade) and cut corners on the "art" side, or use it as a stepping stone to shoot commercial properties.

Maybe I'm just defensive of my fellow interior photogs, but these photos are better than probably 90% of what's out there on the MLS. You can see in this thread that (presumably) non-photogs like the photos. Verts are good, and that's all a layman would notice, and even then they probably wouldn't.

In mind, Travis is doing his job and so is his photographer, even though you and I think the photos could be better. Not sure if we should be critiquing her technique in this thread though lol. Wanna take this discussion over to the never-ending photo thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I just wonder if this house is even habitable now, whether it got nailed in the flood. It might be an infill in the greatest sense of the word - filled in with muck and crap.
Not filled with anything and my understanding was it didnt get touched by flood waters.

Quote:
I shoot interiors for a living. This photographer was probably paid <$200 to shoot this place and deliver ~20 photos in an hour or less. In my opinion, she's shooting too wide and has colour cast issues, but real estate photography is a tough game. If you've shot some interiors, you know it can be tricky - no scene is ever the same as the last. For real estate, the margins aren't there to wait for the sun to move, to bring in a bunch of lights, to scrim windows, to stitch together multiple tilt-shift exposures, etc. "Good enough" is the name of the game.

I dunno how it is in Calgary, but big box companies here have driven prices into the dirt while providing pretty nice photos (better than these). So you either have to treat it as a business (like a trade) and cut corners on the "art" side, or use it as a stepping stone to shoot commercial properties.

Maybe I'm just defensive of my fellow interior photogs, but these photos are better than probably 90% of what's out there on the MLS. You can see in this thread that (presumably) non-photogs like the photos. Verts are good, and that's all a layman would notice, and even then they probably wouldn't.

In mind, Travis is doing his job and so is his photographer, even though you and I think the photos could be better. Not sure if we should be critiquing her technique in this thread though lol. Wanna take this discussion over to the never-ending photo thread?
Im always open to criticism however I would like to point out that 1 I wish I was paying what you had said and 2, it takes much more than a hour.
One of the biggest agents in Canada turned this photographer down because she was too expensive. I have worked with quite a few photographers and hands down have received the best quality from the one I am using now.
As someone mentioned above, my job is to get people into the property and to make their home stand out. The photos stand out and in turn get people into my listings. Are some people upset by what the end up seeing? of course however more people through = higher chance of a offer. 2 of my sales this spring came from listings other realtors couldnt sell.

If any of the photographers on this board are interested I will gladly have you shoot my next listing, post/use the pictures and see what all the "non photographers" think. If your pictures stand out from my normal ones I will begin hiring you for all listings.

Most photographers can make a staged million dollar home look good. Let me take you to a 400k property with a family of 6 and see what you can do!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Good Lord, Regulator75's going for the throat on Realtor1 here. Easy up man, they're just photos. Yes, they're a little processed, but suggesting he may be playing a "bait and switch", and calling his photographer's skills "piss poor"? C'mon.

I love your photos, but you always come off a little too holier than thou and indignant when it comes to your snarky, argressive degredation of other people's photos, for my liking.
A little processed? lol

Her lines and composition are fine, she could easily dial her extreme HDR back 75% and the photos would look great. A home shouldn't look like a cartoon or a computer rendering.

I wasn't suggesting Realtor1 is using bait and switch techniques, it was more of a tongue in cheek mini-rant against the interior shots looking nothing what the house looks like in real life. Blame the photographer, she's the pro.

Yes, I can come off a bit annoyed with extreme HDR processing, this is nothing new. When it was popular 5+ years ago, I hated it then and will continue to voice my opinion on this subject.

I commend Realtor1 for this sub-forum, he always replies to our questions and provides a great service to the CP community.

I appreciate that you dig my photos, Flameswin, however no matter what I seem to do, you always seem to find a problem with my posts (no worries, I can take it).

More photos on Flickr
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Most photographers can make a staged million dollar home look good. Let me take you to a 400k property with a family of 6 and see what you can do!
Send them to Riverbend and see what magic they can do!
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

CP first to know...20k price drop coming!
New photos also up!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com