Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #1341
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've read up on root canals causing issues and honestly, to me it makes a lot of sense. When else do we try to keep dead parts of our body inside our body? Broken bones heal, but teeth do not.

I decided that the risk just wasn't worth it and when my root canal needed a crown I elected to just have it pulled instead.
In addition, root canals just lead to more dental work. You end up with a temporary crown, then you need a permanent crown and hopefully it stays, etc. Just pull the thing and be done with it.
The studies are interesting though, but you don't hear a lot about it so I doubt that it will become a huge deal publicly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #1342
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
I've read up on root canals causing issues and honestly, to me it makes a lot of sense. When else do we try to keep dead parts of our body inside our body? Broken bones heal, but teeth do not.

I decided that the risk just wasn't worth it and when my root canal needed a crown I elected to just have it pulled instead.
In addition, root canals just lead to more dental work. You end up with a temporary crown, then you need a permanent crown and hopefully it stays, etc. Just pull the thing and be done with it.
The studies are interesting though, but you don't hear a lot about it so I doubt that it will become a huge deal publicly.
Technology nowadays allows for the avoidance of a temporary crown. They can do the mold and have a permanent crown ready to go in under an hour in house.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #1343
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Technology nowadays allows for the avoidance of a temporary crown. They can do the mold and have a permanent crown ready to go in under an hour in house.

Doesn't stop the crown from covering up what amounts to a dead tooth in your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #1344
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is probably some validity to having a hive of bacteria in your mouth, but the documentary seemed to go kind of sideways into something that seems more like reflexology / accupuncture and how the different parts of the jaw are connected to your bladder or legs, etc and that's what causes pain. I mean - I am sure the tooth causes problems, but that your rotten tooth is causing cancer that goes away as soon as the tooth is removed and the area cleaned out seems far fetched to me. Or maybe that Netflix doc took a few liberties.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #1345
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Doesn't stop the crown from covering up what amounts to a dead tooth in your head.
Well most of what was living is removed though they can leave behind some healthy dentin, but it is then all sealed up.

Now of course you can get bad root canals like you can get a bad hair cut but it's not like there is some rotting corpse in your mouth.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #1346
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
what are you going to do when you are missing a few teeth?

now that you have one missing the pressure of your eating/biting will have to be taken up by the ones next to it. eventually you can have more problems.

did the doc say dentures and implants also cause cancer? or are those ok.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #1347
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Meanwhile local idiots get their retrial today. Hopefully the judge looks at the lack of remorse by David Stephan and his online interaction with other moron's in his anti-vaccer, voodoo medicine crowd and throw the book at him

https://globalnews.ca/news/4858773/c...ce-january-18/

Sorry, but I think this idiot needs jail time, and his sentence should involve a huge guy in a T-Shirt that reads "Its science b%%%%" punching him in the face 10 times a day while reminding him that he killed his son and its not all about him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #1348
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Retrial is June 3rd. This is just them begging for money.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #1349
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Retrial is June 3rd. This is just them begging for money.
And attention. And sympathy.

It is a shame that a retrial is even necessary, although I do believe in the process being completed properly and fairly. Hopefully the case against them is presented a bit tidier this time and they still end up being held responsible.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #1350
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure they are guilty. They're crazy and stupid. But doctors make the same mistake all the time. Other people have made the same mistake without the cloak of natural medicine. We'll see I guess but i would not be surprised if they're not guilty.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #1351
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I'm not sure they are guilty. They're crazy and stupid. But doctors make the same mistake all the time. Other people have made the same mistake without the cloak of natural medicine. We'll see I guess but i would not be surprised if they're not guilty.

Sure, but Doctors make mistakes, its within science. Proven techniques that they didn't execute right, or a mis-diagnosis.

These people used woogie boogies, BS con job basically home groomed medication, and say by as their child got sicker and sicker and kept administrating voodoo cures that they found on the internet, promoted by idiots.

Then you look at the products these morons sold in their store, including promises to cure serious mental conditions with unreliable quakery.

Its equivalent to me telling you that I can cure your broken leg with a pumice made of Horse radish, dog poop and garlic, and then I sell you the Horse radish, dog poop and garlic.

And what really frosts my tips is these idiots tried to profit off of the killing of their son. They tried to sell products, they tried to book speaking engagements. their Face book page is a disgusting mix of morons and people willing to give them money to fight the system.

They sat back and watch their child suffer and die while they wrap themselves in a blanket of denial, stupidity and self righteousness.

Seriously F these people. The judge went light on them the first time. Here's hoping that he gets a long jail sentence and they either take the kids away from her, or have her watched.

Seriously pisses me off.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #1352
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Stupidity does not excuse negligence. They are guilty.

Quote:
March 12, 2012: Ezekiel’s body is so stiff that his back is arched. He is getting fluids through an eyedropper because he will not drink on his own. Meynders comes to the home and checks his vitals. She suggests he could possibly have viral meningitis and says she tells the mother she should take the boy to a doctor. “It did not jump out at me that he was that seriously ill,” Meynders testifies.

March 13, 2012: The Stephans head to Lethbridge to pick up an echinacea mixture from a naturopath. Ezekiel is too stiff to sit in his car seat and has to lie on a mattress in the vehicle. Back at home that evening, the boy stops breathing on a couple of occasions before his parents leave home to meet an ambulance. The breathing equipment in the ambulance it too large to properly help a small child. The boy is taken to hospital in Cardston and then to Lethbridge for transport to Calgary by air.
When someone with some medical experience tells you to take the kid to the doctor (in this case the birthing assistant) and your response is to go get some echinacea, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #1353
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

He's still posting facebook videos blaming everyone but himself.

He's a disgusting human being to me, and the people that are fawning over him on that page are gross.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #1354
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
Stupidity does not excuse negligence. They are guilty.

When someone with some medical experience tells you to take the kid to the doctor (in this case the birthing assistant) and your response is to go get some echinacea, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not defending them here but it's not as simple as everyone thinks. Doctors on many many occasions have sent kids with unknown home only to have them die the next day from meningitis. The disease is often and easily misdiagnosed. The midwife even says...

Quote:
“It did not jump out at me that he was that seriously ill,” Meynders testifies.

In the previous week's timeline the boy got better twice. He went to school, he ate, played and was on the mend. When you see your kid getting better you're going to think you're doing it right.

I 100% get that they should have called the ambulance 8 hours sooner but there is also evidence that the boy could have survived had the ambulance had the proper equipment.

I hate these people too. They're crooked beyond belief and should be in jail for a number of things. I'm just not sure the SCOC will find them guilty of this.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #1355
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
It is completely different. Doctors are practicing Science based Medicine. They are using up to date knowledge to provide the best care for their patients. They may mess up a dosage or misdiagnose something though.

The Stephens actively ignored what is best for their son and turned to unproven snake oil (which they sell) to treat him. There is a big difference here.
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #1356
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they give them a Chinese retrial. Death penalty for the both of them.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #1357
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
It is completely different. Doctors are practicing Science based Medicine. They are using up to date knowledge to provide the best care for their patients. They may mess up a dosage or misdiagnose something though.

The Stephens actively ignored what is best for their son and turned to unproven snake oil (which they sell) to treat him. There is a big difference here.

Yes but average people who don't use natural medicine also make this mistake and they are not guilty. Their kid gets a cold and the next day they are dead from the viral disease. It's not that uncommon is my point.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #1358
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes but average people who don't use natural medicine also make this mistake and they are not guilty. Their kid gets a cold and the next day they are dead from the viral disease. It's not that uncommon is my point.
How often does that happen? 1 in 10 million?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #1359
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If there defense was on 3 different occasions we debated whether or not to see a doctor but thought that until he stiffened up like a board it wasn’t that serious I could agree with you. But from their testimony this did not occur.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #1360
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not defending them here but it's not as simple as everyone thinks. Doctors on many many occasions have sent kids with unknown home only to have them die the next day from meningitis. The disease is often and easily misdiagnosed. The midwife even says...

I think the whole quote is needed and not just the last part of it

Quote:
March 12, 2012: Ezekiel’s body is so stiff that his back is arched. He is getting fluids through an eyedropper because he will not drink on his own. Meynders comes to the home and checks his vitals. She suggests he could possibly have viral meningitis and says she tells the mother she should take the boy to a doctor. “It did not jump out at me that he was that seriously ill,” Meynders testifies.

He wasn't seriously ill at that point, though the stiffness of his back, inability to take fluid, and the possibility of viral meningitis, and that they should take him to the doctor. This wasn't even near to presenting as a cold.

Quote:
In the previous week's timeline the boy got better twice. He went to school, he ate, played and was on the mend. When you see your kid getting better you're going to think you're doing it right.

I 100% get that they should have called the ambulance 8 hours sooner but there is also evidence that the boy could have survived had the ambulance had the proper equipment.

To me the last part is extremely negligent at best. I mean the bottom line is that they were told that there was a possibility of viral meningitis. That the kid was presenting some really serious symptoms, and then because these people are anti-medicine, big pharma conspiracy crack pots they ignored the recommendation to get their kid to a doctor.

Even with me growing up, and having a cold of a flu, even when I was on the "mend" so to speak my parents were smart enough to follow proper medical common knowledge until they were sure, and they were always ready to get me to a doctor if I took a turn back to illness.

Not once did they make a salve infusion of beaver blood and pickle juice or whatever these idiots did.

They were negligent, they didn't do what was necessary and really required to safe guard their kids life. That's on them

I hate these people too. They're crooked beyond belief and should be in jail for a number of things. I'm just not sure the SCOC will find them guilty of this.[/QUOTE]