Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #81
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Does anyone else just not give a damn what other people think of their footwear choices?
Probably everyone, but some of us can have light hearted fun on the internet joking about fashion trends.

Not everything has so be so serious all the time; no one's actually going around shaming birkenstockers on the streets.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #82
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keens are among the greatest of footware you can apply to your feet. Sandals, boots etc...

Bit pricey but man are they comfy. I've rocked the sandals on numerous holidays and they stand up to full days of walking.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #83
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Socks and Sandals. Once upon a time it was a huge fashion faux pas. Now, it is cool to do so.

I was at Cross-Iron last week and I noticed at least a dozen people doing it. Then I paid attention around town here in Lethbridge, and I see it quite often.

I commented on it to my wife and she said it was a huge trend. Picking up my kid from school she sees most of the kids doing it. There was even two kids on my oldest son's hockey team who would come with socks and sandals as long as the snow wasn't freshly dumped and deep (or it was melting and messy).
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #84
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Socks and Sandals. Once upon a time it was a huge fashion faux pas. Now, it is cool to do so.

I was at Cross-Iron last week and I noticed at least a dozen people doing it. Then I paid attention around town here in Lethbridge, and I see it quite often.

I commented on it to my wife and she said it was a huge trend. Picking up my kid from school she sees most of the kids doing it. There was even two kids on my oldest son's hockey team who would come with socks and sandals as long as the snow wasn't freshly dumped and deep (or it was melting and messy).

I think I might embrace this more. I just need bolder socks so that it looks intentional and not lazy.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #85
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post

socks and slides + a fanny pack
Reminds me of this scene as all the things that would get you made fun of when I was a teenager and now cool

Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote