Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #8421
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Try not to be so outraged. It's an interesting situation to see if the judge will allow it. Yeah Republicans in Harris County are trying to cheat, will they be allowed to?
Outraged? Nah, just sad to watch democracy in that country going the way of Thelma and Louise.

When someone says something so blatantly obvious like throwing out votes to help their side win is ‘interesting’ I actually read that in Susan Collins’ voice.

Next stop: ‘concerning’.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:51 PM   #8422
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:
Icon47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
The Burisma scandal is what's wrong with American politics, the left and the media are blindly ignoring it - when it is precisely the problem. Both sides are guilty, but the media crafts the narrative.

You’re right. The fact that anyone at all is still talking about the giant nothingburger that is the so-called “Burisma scandal” is a huge part of what is “wrong with American politics.”
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Iowa_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #8423
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great article from Rich Lowry this week and one I fully agree with.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...llot-deadline/
Old 10-31-2020, 01:54 PM   #8424
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Made my day hahahahahahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #8425
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
You’re right. The fact that anyone at all is still talking about the giant nothingburger that is the so-called “Burisma scandal” is a huge part of what is “wrong with American politics.”
Remember Vince Foster?

This stuff is nothing new.

Is America really that screwed up? Or does the media just broadcast the craziness which makes up like 7% of the population?

I have never lived there before. I would like to at some point in my life.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #8426
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's a little over dramatic. Wow.
Really?

We are already seeing concerted attempts to dismantle the democratic process in the US.

You can't even see what is right in front of your own face. Or maybe you can and you like what is happening but haven't got the guts to come right out and say it.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #8427
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Really?

We are already seeing concerted attempts to dismantle the democratic process in the US.

You can't even see what is right in front of your own face. Or maybe you can and you like what is happening but haven't got the guts to come right out and say it.
I'm not surprised. Everyone knew mass mail in voting would result in chaos, missing ballots and end up with a Supreme Court intervention. The Democrats knew this, expected this this to happen - and pushed for it anyway. Why is anyone surprised?
Old 10-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #8428
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's hilarious how Trump supporters come in here but even they can't defend his nonsense so they have to fall back to the both sides argument.

No both sides aren't just as bad

Dems had to cancel a rally yesterday because Trump supporters showed up with guns to threaten them.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:01 PM   #8429
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Flames_Fan View Post
I bowed out replying when he brought up Burisma... if you seriously believe anything that’s being peddled as fiercely as it is being by Rudy Giuliani than I’m done. By the way biz it’s Trump who is complaining about the lack of coverage on this ‘scandal’ ; are you sure your not for this guy?
Old 10-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #8430
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
I bowed out replying when he brought up Burisma... if you seriously believe anything that’s being peddled as fiercely as it is being by Rudy Giuliani than I’m done. By the way biz it’s Trump who is complaining about the lack of coverage on this ‘scandal’ ; are you sure your not for this guy?
If you don't think there is more to Burisma, then I don't know what to tell you. Kushner is just as dirty, and when it comes to surface, the left will push it as hard as Republicans are pushing Burisma. It's all the same. Both sides are dirty. I'm not for Trump, I'm just exposing the bias in this thread.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #8431
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
POTUS has limited power, the real power comes from the lobbyists in DC..
Who’s the one that nominates the heads of departments?
Old 10-31-2020, 02:08 PM   #8432
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Burisma scandal is what's wrong with American politics, the left and the media are blindly ignoring it - when it is precisely the problem. Both sides are guilty, but the media crafts the narrative.

Something something NRA something something
Old 10-31-2020, 02:09 PM   #8433
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you don't think there is more to Burisma, then I don't know what to tell you. Kushner is just as dirty, and when it comes to surface, the left will push it as hard as Republicans are pushing Burisma. It's all the same. Both sides are dirty. I'm not for Trump, I'm just exposing the bias in this thread.
No you're not.

You just haven't got the guts to say what you are, even though everyone can see it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 02:13 PM   #8434
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
I am not arguing in favor of Trump, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.
Fine. You've done that. Point made. Let's move on.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:13 PM   #8435
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Burisma is a nothing burger. The laptop that has the supposed Hunter emails on them that was verified to be from Hunter by a blind computer repair guy??? Really?? And these very incriminating documents the Republicans are referencing that were given to Fox News but ended up going missing in the mail system when the package was tampered during delivery according to Tucker Carlson?? Riiiiigghhht. Show me the definitive proof and I’ll admit there is something there but as much as the Mueller probe was a ‘nothing burger’ for Trump and the Republicans (no collusion right) than Burisma is that same nothing burger for Dems. It’s shocking the standards that are being applied here when weighing the current stakes. You realize how much money is being made by the trumps DURING this presidency right?? Biden wasn’t anything in politics during the Burisma time line... Trumps own businesses have seen profits through his presidency.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:15 PM   #8436
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I mean, there’s no point in hiding his plan anymore.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1322625856678879233
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 02:17 PM   #8437
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I mean, there’s no point in hiding his plan anymore.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1322625856678879233
Lol my god... but if it was Biden it would be just as messed up right? Damned if you do damned if you don’t right?? People need to hopefully be waking up to just what is happening with Trump here otherwise we are witnessing the end of an era truly. Unbelievable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 02:19 PM   #8438
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
. Kushner is just as dirty, and when it comes to surface,
Share what you know
Old 10-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #8439
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ty KFF and to the others as well shedding light through these tweets and stories; Trump isn’t hiding what he’s doing but we need to be quoting and listening to him right now more than ever especially in the States so they can wake up out of this fog and realize the magic show being performed on them is robbing them of their basic fundamental rights.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:24 PM   #8440
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

In other horrifying news, the U.S. hit a record high with over 98,500 Covid cases in a single day yesterday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-one-n1245450

Quote:
It's the fifth time since Oct. 22 that a new daily case record was set. Across the country, 98,583 new infections were reported Friday.

The U.S. reported 978 deaths Friday, according to an NBC News count.

The last benchmark of 90,456 cases was hit Thursday, just hours after the U.S. logged its 9 millionth coronavirus case and shattered the previous daily record of 80,662 infections, set a day earlier.

Thursday was the first time the nation recorded a case number above 90,000.

Also, the 540,035 new Covid-19 cases reported from Oct. 23 to Thursday was the most for any seven-day period since July, the figures showed.

And with Election Day now just days away, the grim numbers stood in sharp contrast to President Donald Trump's oft-repeated campaign claim that "we are rounding the turn" on the pandemic.
Closed Thread