Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #6381
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
So one might ask why a senator confirming her would ask such a question which such an obvious answer that he knows she cannot answer.

Yes There is only one correct response to it but the Supreme Court Justice should not be commenting on a speculative legal opinion as as dumb as a case involving a president delaying the election would be it is actually in the realm of possibility that she would have to rule on such a case before the end of the year.
I disagree that she “cannot answer” the question.

It is the same as asking a National Astronomer (if such a position existed) if the earth revolves around the sun. The only correct and possible answer in today’s day and age is “yes.”

Not providing such an obvious answer doesn’t help her in any way, in my view.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #6382
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I liked the fact that after his presentation she misspoke and said, "Senator Whitehouse, I will approach every case with an open wine." I mean that's the blood of Christ to you lady, I'd be a little less ready to start pouring it out but do you, I guess.

On another note, how has Senator Whitehouse never run for President? President Whitehouse? Come on, that's a no-brainer.
The simulation is clearly getting bored at this point, I've often wondered how it keeps coming up with names.

Last edited by #-3; 10-14-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #6383
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Come on guys, Biden was the only good candidate available, remember?

Pretty sad when the two biggest faces of the Democrat party and stumbling and fumbling through answers, and then we see other members actually coherently ask questions, give answers and stay on point but we still keep getting told 'oh there are no good young candidates available.'

The Pelosi interview and the hearings are annoying the heck out of me even more now because on one hand Pelosi can't properly explain anything if her life depended on it, but some no name member of Congress can ask coherent questions in a tactful and inquisitive way during arguably the most important hearing in politics and yet they're running a 78 year old man for President.

Last edited by Azure; 10-14-2020 at 06:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 07:36 PM   #6384
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

What? The Right is a constant grift to fleece rubes of every dollar possible? How can this be?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1316527406870536192

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #6385
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Pretty sad when the two biggest faces of the Democrat party and stumbling and fumbling through answers, and then we see other members actually coherently ask questions, give answers and stay on point but we still keep getting told 'oh there are no good young candidates available.'

The Pelosi interview and the hearings are annoying the heck out of me even more now because on one hand Pelosi can't properly explain anything if her life depended on it, but some no name member of Congress can ask coherent questions in a tactful and inquisitive way during arguably the most important hearing in politics and yet they're running a 78 year old man for President.
weirdly I dont recall them winning, or even entering the race, I'm sure they would be way beyond what is it now? a 12 point lead in the polls that Biden is running, seriously what were they thinking running a loser like Joe '12% and rising' Biden, a candidate who for the first time in modern history has a lead in every single demographic except non college white dudes, a guy who can only be stopped at this point by legal challenges on paper, a candidate that appears to be not only about to win the White House but is also has the coat tails to bring the senate with him.

YE GODS WHAT IS IT YOU WANT FROM A CANDIDATE BEYOND THIS??????
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #6386
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:

Living in BC, I watched the leaders debate last night, and the quality of the debate - including all 3 candidates' abilities to present their positions articulately, quickly, and clearly - was stunning. I've obviously been watching too much American news, and had gotten used to a low standard for political speech. Seeing competent people in action was so refreshing.
The Following User Says Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 08:24 PM   #6387
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Living in BC, I watched the leaders debate last night, and the quality of the debate - including all 3 candidates' abilities to present their positions articulately, quickly, and clearly - was stunning. I've obviously been watching too much American news, and had gotten used to a low standard for political speech. Seeing competent people in action was so refreshing.
Living in Alberta I really resent you coming here and telling us you have three competent people in politics! Rub it in our faces whydoncha?!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #6388
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Living in Alberta I really resent you coming here and telling us you have three competent people in politics! Rub it in our faces whydoncha?!
Competent is definitely not the word I’d use. Reasonably well spoken might be better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 09:15 PM   #6389
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They are running the guy who polled best Vs. Trump and literally won the primary election in a landslide because people voted for him

This isn't the master debater competition its an election and Biden is doing very well so far. If you look at where the dems need the votes to win Biden was the best candidate by a long shot.

Biden has already won two general elections as VP and now likely President...people vote for him

People have takes like this about Biden but never name their candidate

Last edited by dino7c; 10-14-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:18 PM   #6390
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
They are articulate and polite but most of the ideas are not based in reality
Old 10-14-2020, 10:22 PM   #6391
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
They are articulate and polite but most of the ideas are not based in reality
Not really the thread for it but the BC NDP accomplished 80% of their first term promises and were presiding over a roaring economy and surplus before COVID hit. Horgan is the most popular premier in the country.

How is the ol' "reality-based" UCP working out for Alberta?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 10:24 PM   #6392
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
How is the ol' "reality-based" UCP working out for Alberta?
Very badly, in my opinion.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 10:28 PM   #6393
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Was the part about totally screwing over +3MM Albertans in the 80% achieved or 20% missed part of the NDP campaign?

Or were you too busy vandalizing Alberta plate vehicles to check out that part of the platform yet?
Old 10-14-2020, 10:47 PM   #6394
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I liked the breaking a signed agreement to call the election next year so he could try to take advantage of his COVID good will.

I mean I didn’t like him before, but I always despise completely hypocritical lying. It reminds me of Lindsay Graham saying “no SC nominees in a presidents final year, and hold me to my word”.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 10:53 PM   #6395
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Was the part about totally screwing over +3MM Albertans in the 80% achieved or 20% missed part of the NDP campaign?
Don't think that was in the platform, but feel free to point it out to me if you found it.

Quote:
Or were you too busy vandalizing Alberta plate vehicles to check out that part of the platform yet?
Uh oh, does cranky baby Coffee need his nappy time again?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #6396
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Don't think that was in the platform, but feel free to point it out to me if you found it.

Uh oh, does cranky baby Coffee need his nappy time again?
Your were right this first time this isn't the place for this
Old 10-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #6397
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Your were right this first time this isn't the place for this
Hey, I'm just defending myself from being accused of vandalism by the most easily triggered man-baby on the entire board.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #6398
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Hey back on topic. Trump has a town hall tomorrow on NBC. NBC cashing in and getting backlash. No one is going to watch Biden.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #6399
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Hey back on topic. Trump has a town hall tomorrow on NBC. NBC cashing in and getting backlash. No one is going to watch Biden.
I dont think many will watch either both sound boring.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 11:11 PM   #6400
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I've never heard Trump described as boring.

Closed Thread