Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #2681
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
And someone wanted Bran dead because he saw Cersei and Jamie together? Been a while since I watched the first season.
That would be correct. Bran was climbing and saw Jaime and Cersei having sex in the abandoned tower. Jamie pushed him out but didn't kill him.

Then an assassin was sent to kill Bran when it turned out he wasn't dead. But between Cat and Summer (Bran's direwolf), they fought off and killed the assassin.

Littlefinger told Cat the dagger found belonged to Tyrion and that's what led Cat to arrest Tyrion and bring him to the Eyrie for trial. Bronn fought on Tyrion's behalf in the trial by combat and got him free.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #2682
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
That would be correct. Bran was climbing and saw Jaime and Cersei having sex in the abandoned tower. Jamie pushed him out but didn't kill him.

Then an assassin was sent to kill Bran when it turned out he wasn't dead. But between Cat and Summer (Bran's direwolf), they fought off and killed the assassin.

Littlefinger told Cat the dagger found belonged to Tyrion and that's what led Cat to arrest Tyrion and bring him to the Eyrie for trial. Bronn fought on Tyrion's behalf in the trial by combat and got him free.
Wasn't it Cersei or Jamie who sent the assassin, as to keep Bran from telling what he saw them doing...each other?
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #2683
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Littlefinger must now realize Bran knows his dirty secrets as the "Chaos is a ladder" comment was taken from a private conversation long ago with Varys. Does Littlefinger try to have Bran assassinated? Bran is now a threat to all the conniving that have a large stake in the war.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-08-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #2684
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Bran giving the Dagger to Arya and Arya saying are you sure and Bran saying yes was Bran saying kill Littlefinger.

Bran knows who tried to kill him
Bran knows Arya wants to kill Littlefinger
Bran saying chaos is a ladder implies it was Littlefinger who caused the chaos Bran returned to.
Arya being smart knows that Bran knows everything.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #2685
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumy View Post
Wasn't it Cersei or Jamie who sent the assassin, as to keep Bran from telling what he saw them doing...each other?
That would be a good guess, yes.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #2686
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Yup, no way Ellaria kills Cersei in my mind. Most likely a Stark, one of the girls. Lannister son kills Stark father, Stark daughter kills Lannister mother.

Outside chance it's Tyrion. Or a dragon. Or Tyrion on a dragon.
That shoots bees out of it's mouth when it roars.
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeeGeeWhy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #2687
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

That last episode was the most satisfying hour of television I've watched since the final five Cylons heard music in the walls a decade ago.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #2688
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think Bran is going to be a good source of knowledge to help solve individual disputes. he randomly fires off personal secrets about people when they first talk to him, but he's so up in the clouds that I don't think he'll spend any time implicating criminal behavior unless it's related to the upcoming Great War.

one of the Stark sisters is going to find the raven scroll with Littlefinger's assassination orders on it, and that's how he'll go down. it's weird how both Littlefinger and Varys seem to have completely stalled. back when it was still just politics and regular humans, those guys were the most dangerous and influential underground force. now that there's zombies and dragons and wizards, they're fish out of water just flailing helplessly.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #2689
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I don't think Bran is going to be a good source of knowledge to help solve individual disputes. he randomly fires off personal secrets about people when they first talk to him, but he's so up in the clouds that I don't think he'll spend any time implicating criminal behavior unless it's related to the upcoming Great War.

one of the Stark sisters is going to find the raven scroll with Littlefinger's assassination orders on it, and that's how he'll go down. it's weird how both Littlefinger and Varys seem to have completely stalled. back when it was still just politics and regular humans, those guys were the most dangerous and influential underground force. now that there's zombies and dragons and wizards, they're fish out of water just flailing helplessly.
I can see that happening. Little Finger is very influential in the vale, so they can't kill him without concrete proof and approval from Sweet Robin. Ideally they would find something linking Little Finger to the death's of Robin's parents.

Can't see how there could be any evidence proving that Baelish through Lysa through the moon door. However, I could see Lysa being pretty sloppy and leaving all sorts of evidence showing how she and Peter conspired to kill her husband.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #2690
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I have to admit these made me laugh pretty hard:

Swear word:
NSFW!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #2691
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who sent the cutthroat after Bran never has to be answered with 100% certainty IMO. What's going to be Littlefinger's undoing is Bran sharing that it was Littlefinger's suggestion for Jon Arryn to be killed. Sansa was there when Lysa was killed, but I've never got the impression that she pieced it together. Jon Arryn's death was what kicked off everything, after all. It was Littlefinger's "chaos ladder", as it were.

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #2692
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Re-watching the episode: when Bran asks Little Finger who owned the dagger and Little Finger says he doesn't know. But in season 1 didn't he tell Katlyin Stark it belonged to Tyrion which led to her capturing Tyrion and setting off the war?

Perhaps the Stark children will figure out the dagger belonged to Little Finger and he sent the assassin after Bran.
Yes, you're right. Littlefinger did tell Catelyn that the dagger belonged to Tyrion in the first season, the last season we last saw the dagger in.

However, we've already seen the dagger this season prior to this episode. It was in one of the books that Sam was reading, I think the same one about dragon glass. Seems to be alluding to this dagger being more important than just recent history.

I don't know if Bran was asking who owned the dagger recently though like Littlefinger and us are lead to believe. I don't think Bran cares that someone tried to kill him with it, because he's no longer just Bran. He knows Littlefinger's nature at this point, but probably realizes he has role to play still. I think he was talking about the original owner, who owned it at least 500 years ago when Valayrian Steel weapons were still being made. I think this weapon might have more significance than just being used by an assassin.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #2693
The Coppernian One
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Found this randomly:

http://http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/9-details-you-might-have-missed-on-the-latest-game-of-thrones-episode/ss-AApIAE7?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout#image=1

Some things have already been pointed out in the thread, but it does connect things to past episodes.
The Coppernian One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Coppernian One For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #2694
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

See, Littlefinger and Varys both used little birds to observe the goings on in the realm and strategize based off the whispers from the birds.

Bran also uses birds, and likely other animals to do his observations of the past, especially where there are no weirwoods. In the Chaos is a ladder speech by LF, a bird can be heard in the background during the scene. Bran could be warging through time using any animal as a spy in order to know everything. That could also be why he might not know certain things like LF betraying Ned for example, while knowing other things.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #2695
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
See, Littlefinger and Varys both used little birds to observe the goings on in the realm and strategize based off the whispers from the birds.

Bran also uses birds, and likely other animals to do his observations of the past, especially where there are no weirwoods. In the Chaos is a ladder speech by LF, a bird can be heard in the background during the scene. Bran could be warging through time using any animal as a spy in order to know everything. That could also be why he might not know certain things like LF betraying Ned for example, while knowing other things.
Can he not just go back in time? In the tower scene the Three Eyed Raven and he were just there.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #2696
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I could be wrong but I don't think Bran is the tool that's going to be key piece for Stark revenge/justice.

The way I see it is, Bran isn't a Stark anymore - he's literally the three eyed Raven - and his allegiance to any banner is gone, even his kin. He's simply a conduit to the history and future of Westeros.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #2697
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the Dagger belonged to Rhaegar.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #2698
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whatever to all this. I just miss Littlefinger scenes from his whorehouse.
Johnny Makarov is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #2699
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Finally had the chance to watch the episode last night after a long vacation and damn was it ever hard to avoid social media for potential spoilers but here are a few of my thoughts.

We finally see the fully grown dragons in action and its a complete game changer, no one stands a chance and I am going to assume Drogon will be fine, even with the wound. Now this makes me wonder, does Cersei try to come up with a battle weapon or a better plan?

The biggest concern for me is if just one dragon can destroy a Lannister fleet, what happens when three dragons attack wights, it will be over in seconds so either we are headed for the most anti-climatic war that has brewed over 7 seasons or the WW surprise everyone with their own weapon (I am almost convinced after this episode there will be some sort of ice dragon, lion, magical ice creature to make it an equal playing field). Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the spear to Drogon was foreshadowing to show the dragons can be injured and killed

Also it is super obvious Bran/Arya and the dagger will play a role in the death of Littlefinger. My guess, maybe Bran is able to explain to little Robin that Littlefinger killed his mom and therefore is no long relevant. A sweet death would be if Arya has a mask of Sansas face and manipulates Littlefinger into talking about banning or killing Arya, only to have her take off the mask and kill him. Either way would be a massive shock if Littlefinger doesn't die soon.

One more thought, didn't it seem like Jon and Dany were holding hands when walking out of the cave? I just know the series is flooded with foreshadowing so maybe I am just looking at things too deeply.

As exciting as this episode was, I am really looking forward to some WW action because we all know there will be at least one episode dedicated to that front but in the meantime that was a 10/10 episode.
steve9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #2700
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
A sweet death would be if Arya has a mask of Sansas face and manipulates Littlefinger into talking about banning or killing Arya, only to have her take off the mask and kill him. Either way would be a massive shock if Littlefinger doesn't die soon.
She would have to kill Sansa first to take her face.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post: