Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #6401
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I've never heard Trump described as boring.
He wasnt in 2016 when he was going after Hillary, but going after Biden its not the same. It gets old the same stuff going after his son, its not really that entertaining. I see people watching the first 20 minutes, hear the same repetitive stuff and then go watch Netflix.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 11:31 PM   #6402
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump will be bragging about the ratings like they have something to do with the outcome of the election
Old 10-14-2020, 11:33 PM   #6403
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Hey back on topic. Trump has a town hall tomorrow on NBC. NBC cashing in and getting backlash. No one is going to watch Biden.
Doesn't matter. There are no people left to persuade. There are no more undecided voters. At this point, it's a turn-out game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 11:49 PM   #6404
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol Merica, this is what we are up against

Last edited by dino7c; 10-14-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:48 AM   #6405
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

I hope that's an automated poll...

"Press '1' for 'yes'. Press '2' for 'no'."

To be fair though, that's not really an example of lack of common knowledge, but lack of esoteric knowledge.

Stuff like this is more concerning where the questions are downright easy.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:10 AM   #6406
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nm
Old 10-15-2020, 01:43 AM   #6407
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
weirdly I dont recall them winning, or even entering the race, I'm sure they would be way beyond what is it now? a 12 point lead in the polls that Biden is running, seriously what were they thinking running a loser like Joe '12% and rising' Biden, a candidate who for the first time in modern history has a lead in every single demographic except non college white dudes, a guy who can only be stopped at this point by legal challenges on paper, a candidate that appears to be not only about to win the White House but is also has the coat tails to bring the senate with him.

YE GODS WHAT IS IT YOU WANT FROM A CANDIDATE BEYOND THIS??????
I mean, its pretty obvious Biden isn't ideal but trump alarmism and covid destruction (not to mention numerous social uprisings such as BLM) make for a pretty good running mate.

I think we are more worried if covid and everything that was stirred up because of it didnt intervene. I hate to say it, but the people who are suffering and died during this period are kind of martyrs to the end goal of getting back to (semi) sanity. But lets face it, the american dream has already died and the US's reputation will never recover. How can you recover a society where a good chunk of the population have condoned and been complicit in the trump regime?

Last edited by doozwimp; 10-15-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:37 AM   #6408
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Trump will be bragging about the ratings like they have something to do with the outcome of the election
Decided or not Trump will be surrounded by people thinking “yeah... put me in a room with a superspreader and his lackies for a couple hours...good idea!”

So not much hope for the quality of the questions.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Old 10-15-2020, 05:53 AM   #6409
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Jaime is the best, and he's going to win that election.

I've already donated $100 and I've never donated to a politician in my entire life. That should say something.

Edit: I might donate another $100 tonight if someone is willing to match me.
I'm in. Canadian but happy to PayPal a US friend to get er done. I don't even care about right vs left. It's about professionalism and common decency. Graham doesn't deserve to hold any public office.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futzee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 06:02 AM   #6410
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump's town hall is basically all downside and minimal upside. And that minimal upside is him getting to brag about ratings. And just imagine the meltdown he'll have if Biden does better. Either way both town halls are gonna be poorly rated. But with Trump especially unhinged right now so the odds he does something very embarrassing is pretty high, and the odds he improves his election odds are very low.

And yes, Trump is very boring at this point. He's been very boring for a while now.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:26 AM   #6411
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozwimp View Post
How can you recover a society where a good chunk of the population have condoned and been complicit in the trump regime?
Germany recovered.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #6412
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Germany recovered.
Ya, but they hit rock bottom. I think the US has a long way to go for that, despite current appearances.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #6413
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
lol Merica, this is what we are up against

I'm pretty sure less than 1% of the people know what Arabic numerals are without looking it up (I've actually asked many people if they know what Arabic numerals are and no one has ever answered correctly). Question is also misleading as it implies they are not already taught. All this poll shows is how a small sample group reacts to buzzwords.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 07:53 AM   #6414
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Not really the thread for it but the BC NDP accomplished 80% of their first term promises and were presiding over a roaring economy and surplus before COVID hit. Horgan is the most popular premier in the country.

How is the ol' "reality-based" UCP working out for Alberta?
Saw that the other day. I probably disagree with the BC NDP on most items, but I actually found it pretty refreshing that they have kept most of their election promises. That is after all why they were elected.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #6415
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Hope people don't get complacent.

I tried using the youtube tag for the link below and for some reason it isn't working. So here's a direct link instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ObMUND9dw

Last edited by TheyCallMeBruce; 10-15-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #6416
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774...ay-fox-s-lawye

Quote:
Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."

Vyskocil's ruling last week, dismissing a slander lawsuit filed against Carlson, was a win for Fox, First Amendment principles and the media more generally, as Fox News itself maintains. As a legal matter, the judge ruled that Karen McDougal, the woman suing Carlson, failed to surmount the challenge.

Last edited by troutman; 10-15-2020 at 08:51 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #6417
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
Hope people don't get complacent.

I tried using the youtube tag for the link below and for some reason it isn't working. So here's a direct link instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ObMUND9dw
Media framing for the people to accept any data outliers in the vote. Also a hedge that gives them an out should the data be inaccurate and Trump does win.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #6418
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774...ay-fox-s-lawye
Just a reminder that it was Fox News who managed to make the argument in front of the Florida Supreme Court that media has no obligation to tell the truth to viewers, and some how managed to win that appeal. It is "mindbottling" that one media body continues erode the standards this nation has long observed and greatly contributes to fall of the empire with their stupidity. It is easy to see why mass media is no longer trusted, and those reasons supported by the links provided on this page. Fox went into the gutter to make money, and the other media bodies followed them and employed their practices to destroy themselves.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #6419
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rupert Murdoch sees a landslide next month.

"President Trump’s influential supporter Rupert Murdoch is telling close associates he believes Joe Biden will win the election in a landslide."

Even though he is trying everything he can to keep Trump in office.

"While Murdoch believes the outcome of the election is a fait accompli, his New York tabloid has been doing everything in its power to help Trump’s re-election chances, publishing a screaming page 1 story on Wednesday under the headline, “Biden Secret E-Mails.” The supposed “smoking gun” emails purported to show that Hunter Biden had introduced his father to a Ukrainian businessman when he was vice president, though the Post relied on unverified documents given to them by Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani."

Murdoch does acknowledge reality when its about to run him over.

"This isn’t the first time Murdoch has predicted a Democratic landslide, telling a conference in 2008 that Obama would win the election in a convincing victory."

Something that should be concerning is the finish to this story.

"The question that continues to be asked is how Fox News and its prime-time stars, who have gone all out for Trump, will react to the Nov. 3 verdict and who the Murdochs look to back in 2024, with insiders talking up the prospect of one of their own—Tucker Carlson—making a run for the White House.

Carlson has previously denied any interest in running for office. “I’ve never been involved in anything like that, I’ve never wanted to be involved in anything like that,” he told Mediaite in August. “I’ll tell you this: I’m completely committed to saying what I think is true, and politics is a hard place to do that.”"

Like the ####show couldn't get any worse? Careful what you wish for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #6420
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, but they hit rock bottom. I think the US has a long way to go for that, despite current appearances.
I hope they never get near it, as Germany’s rock bottom included global powers flying in and killing off those who were actively complicit.
Closed Thread