Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #2701
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
Finally had the chance to watch the episode last night after a long vacation and damn was it ever hard to avoid social media for potential spoilers but here are a few of my thoughts.

We finally see the fully grown dragons in action and its a complete game changer, no one stands a chance and I am going to assume Drogon will be fine, even with the wound. Now this makes me wonder, does Cersei try to come up with a battle weapon or a better plan?

The biggest concern for me is if just one dragon can destroy a Lannister fleet, what happens when three dragons attack wights, it will be over in seconds so either we are headed for the most anti-climatic war that has brewed over 7 seasons or the WW surprise everyone with their own weapon (I am almost convinced after this episode there will be some sort of ice dragon, lion, magical ice creature to make it an equal playing field). Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the spear to Drogon was foreshadowing to show the dragons can be injured and killed

Also it is super obvious Bran/Arya and the dagger will play a role in the death of Littlefinger. My guess, maybe Bran is able to explain to little Robin that Littlefinger killed his mom and therefore is no long relevant. A sweet death would be if Arya has a mask of Sansas face and manipulates Littlefinger into talking about banning or killing Arya, only to have her take off the mask and kill him. Either way would be a massive shock if Littlefinger doesn't die soon.

One more thought, didn't it seem like Jon and Dany were holding hands when walking out of the cave? I just know the series is flooded with foreshadowing so maybe I am just looking at things too deeply.

As exciting as this episode was, I am really looking forward to some WW action because we all know there will be at least one episode dedicated to that front but in the meantime that was a 10/10 episode.
The dragon skull in the episode before wasn't a tip off they could be killed?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #2702
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Amazing episode, but one thing really bugged me..

Spoiler!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #2703
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Assuming Jon rides Rhageal, the dragon named after his father, Viserion still needs a rider and I know there's ton of speculation on that. But what if the white (ice-like) dragon Viserion is just killed by Cersei's army and reanimated as a dragon for the Night's King? Viserys was a villain afterall. The only way I can see some sort of balance between a war with the Night's King and Daenerys' dragons is if they have a dragon themselves.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #2704
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't think 3 dragons is enough to defeat the army of the dead.

There has to be more dragons. 3 dragons wasn't even enough to conquer Dorne.

Hopefully Jon digs too deep in the mines of moria beneath dragon stone and unearths man dragons/dragon eggs.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #2705
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

The one thing that bugged me is they didn't get into an in-depth discussion of how big Cersei's debt is with the Iron Bank, what the interest rate paid on that is, and whether this effects her future credit rating with other Westerosi financial bankers. I mean, they even teased it with the creditor guy lamenting that she was going to pay it back lump sum, but there's so much more detail they could get in to.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #2706
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
The one thing that bugged me is they didn't get into an in-depth discussion of how big Cersei's debt is with the Iron Bank, what the interest rate paid on that is, and whether this effects her future credit rating with other Westerosi financial bankers. I mean, they even teased it with the creditor guy lamenting that she was going to pay it back lump sum, but there's so much more detail they could get in to.
It appears that the debt was one wagon of gold.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #2707
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dorne was doing guerrilla tactics protecting their homelands from a conqueror. An army from Dorne trying to attack King's Landing against Aegon would have lasted all of 1 and a half seconds. It's akin to ISIS against the USA. Yeah, sure maybe USA can't finish off ISIS and control the area, but no one is afraid of the USA being invaded and conquered by ISIS.

Similar, the army of the dead rushing against the wall (or if it's gone by then, whatever area it's mass attacking) would stand no chance against one dragon, not unless they pull out a trick we haven't seen yet.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #2708
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Dorne was doing guerrilla tactics protecting their homelands from a conqueror. An army from Dorne trying to attack King's Landing against Aegon would have lasted all of 1 and a half seconds. It's akin to ISIS against the USA. Yeah, sure maybe USA can't finish off ISIS and control the area, but no one is afraid of the USA being invaded and conquered by ISIS.

Similar, the army of the dead rushing against the wall (or if it's gone by then, whatever area it's mass attacking) would stand no chance against one dragon, not unless they pull out a trick we haven't seen yet.
Dragon's may not be effective against walkers themselves. The first men did not appear to have Dragon's to fight the walkers. Though Obsidian and Valeryian steel do dragon fire alone may not be sufficient. So while the Army of the dead might be made quick work of my the dragons the Walkers themselves still need to be dealt with.

And if you consider that they have had thousands of years to create more walkers there could still be a substantial army left.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #2709
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with "The Golden Company" that Cersei referred to when chatting with the Iron Bank guy.

On one hand we know Cersei wants to hire them with a new loan from the Iron Bank, on the other hand we also know Jorah Mormont was once a member.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 08-09-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #2710
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arya kills Littlefinger, and then can wear his face to infiltrate Kings Landing and take out Cersei at some point. The thought has been in my head.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #2711
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It appears that the debt was one wagon of gold.
You can understand our exasperation at how thats a nebulous sum that is open to interpretation.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #2712
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
We have dragons and white walkers kicking ass and you're concerned with interest and credit ratings? I don't want to watch that episode lol.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #2713
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Arya kills Littlefinger, and then can wear his face to infiltrate Kings Landing and take out Cersei at some point. The thought has been in my head.
Littlefinger wouldn't exactly be welcomed with open arms in King's Landing right now. She'd be better off walking into King's Landing without a disguise at all than to be disguised as him.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #2714
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Littlefinger wouldn't exactly be welcomed with open arms in King's Landing right now. She'd be better off walking into King's Landing without a disguise at all than to be disguised as him.
Good point, but I think his presence would be enough to let Cersei take her guard down slightly. She'd probably want to hear him out before dishing out her usual justice, with Arya's speed she just needs to be in the same room to take care of business.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #2715
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Good point, but I think his presence would be enough to let Cersei take her guard down slightly. She'd probably want to hear him out before dishing out her usual justice, with Arya's speed she just needs to be in the same room to take care of business.
I'm that scenario it is probably more likely she wears Jamie's face...
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #2716
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Which would be one way to have the "Jaime kills Cersei" theory come true.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #2717
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I assume it was Bronn who pushed Jamie L. out of the way of the dragon's fire. I wondered if Tyrion and co. will rescue/capture him from the water and either attempt to make a trade for Yara or ____.

Either way, I hope the Kingslayer and dwarf are reunited, even if for only a short time.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #2718
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Amazing episode, but one thing really bugged me..

Spoiler!
Some rivers do actually have that type of a drop off, so while unusual, it is something that is a real thing that occurs. Just looks very weird.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #2719
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I get that she can change faces but where does she gain the foot in height required to clone Jamie? When she rips off the mask does her body shrink back down or something?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #2720
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I get that she can change faces but where does she gain the foot in height required to clone Jamie? When she rips off the mask does her body shrink back down or something?
We've got dragons, zombies, witches, 3 eyed ravens, giants...best not to ask for details.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: