Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #5701
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Lets be honest. He's not coming to the Flames. Either the Rangers, Boston, or Tampa are gonna get him somehow, because of course they do. They always do.
Honestly we may as well just prepare ourselves for Vegas to add him somehow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #5702
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Trade Monahan + for Dubois.
Trade Gaudreau this off season for a pick and a player and a prospect.

Bob's your uncle.
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #5703
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Honestly we may as well just prepare ourselves for Vegas to add him somehow.
No kidding. Given how Vegas has treated players of late they'll strip Stone of his captaincy and trade him for PLD tomorrow
Old 01-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #5704
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would trade Gaudreau before Monahan or Lindholm. Given the age difference between Gaudreau and Dubois, I think it would take a lot more than just that though.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #5705
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would rather have a more futures-based deal for Dubois if given the choice. I don't want to lose Gaudreau or Monahan. I want as stacked a team possible to fit under the cap, and have the majority of value in futures.

A top nine of

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Dubois - Mangiapane
Bennett - Backlund - Dube

That's rather devastating. I don't consider Hanifin expendable either - I have no idea how Valimaki will do over the course of the season, and even if he does well and completely back-fills Hanifin, injuries happen.

Not sure if Columbus would entertain a futures-based package or not, but that's where I would prefer. Trim the fat any other way possible, but keep the most talent on the team. I do think that part of the reason the top line stinks it up in the playoffs is that there is simply not enough of a scoring threat on the other lines (and the Tkachuk-Backlund line always has the tough match-ups).

If you follow the Pens' playoff series, sometimes Sid puts up next to nothing while Malkin lights it up, and then the following series it is a reversed (I will forever remember that fact, as I lost a hockey pool on the Stanley Cup winning game).

I can't wait to see the return for Dubois wherever he ends up going - I have no idea how high his value really is, but I think he is a great gamble to bet on, and I think I would rather have him over Barzal if I had a choice, as I think he is going to be tougher to contain.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #5706
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Don't forget Vegas coming out of nowhere, again. Lol.

Cody Glass+ Pacioretty + pick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #5707
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

God I hate Vegas.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:11 PM   #5708
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully Columbus wants a "now" player/package and not a futures package otherwise teams like OTT and LAK (both rumoured to be interested) outbid us easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #5709
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lindholm would sting and I rather not trade him. I would rather add futures to Monahan or Gaudreau to land PLD.

It is exciting to hear the Flames are in the mix (they are always in the mix) but this would be a trade I hope happens for us.

LA and NY likely have more assets but they would be mostly futures in the form of prospects. Montreal has some guys they could move as well and just pulled off a big deal with the Jackets.

I just hope when there was a discussion around Anderson that there were pieces from the Flames that Jarmo really covets and those pieces can be part of a Dubois deal
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #5710
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I would rather have a more futures-based deal for Dubois if given the choice. I don't want to lose Gaudreau or Monahan. I want as stacked a team possible to fit under the cap, and have the majority of value in futures.

A top nine of

That's rather devastating. I don't consider Hanifin expendable either - I have no idea how Valimaki will do over the course of the season, and even if he does well and completely back-fills Hanifin, injuries happen.

Not sure if Columbus would entertain a futures-based package or not, but that's where I would prefer. Trim the fat any other way possible, but keep the most talent on the team. I do think that part of the reason the top line stinks it up in the playoffs is that there is simply not enough of a scoring threat on the other lines (and the Tkachuk-Backlund line always has the tough match-ups).

If you follow the Pens' playoff series, sometimes Sid puts up next to nothing while Malkin lights it up, and then the following series it is a reversed (I will forever remember that fact, as I lost a hockey pool on the Stanley Cup winning game).

I can't wait to see the return for Dubois wherever he ends up going - I have no idea how high his value really is, but I think he is a great gamble to bet on, and I think I would rather have him over Barzal if I had a choice, as I think he is going to be tougher to contain.
I too would prefer to give up magic beans for a top line centre.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #5711
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Yup if there was say a deal around Johnny. Let’s just say Gaudreau+Bennett+2nd then the lines would look like this imo

Tkachuk-Dubois-Lindholm
Dube-Monahan-Mangiapane
Simon-Backlund-Leivo
Lucic-Ryan-Nordstrom

Good top 6 and great center depth
That is a downgrade from the current lineup
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #5712
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post

A top nine of

You’re not going to get Dubois without it hurting from our end to acquire him. We’re probably not the only team that have inquired about him either. It would be either Monahan or Gaudreau going over to Columbus. It’s the only way that Columbus stays on the phone.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #5713
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I will be happy if they trade literally anyone for anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #5714
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
That is a downgrade from the current lineup
Agree to disagree as I think that is an elite first line. You could still go the pair route if you want more of a plug on each line like they have now. I have high hopes for Dube but he is not a first liner yet and not convinced Leivo is a second liner. I also like it more long term as Tkachuk-Dubois is a solid foundation for years to come
Old 01-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #5715
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Disagree. I prefer they trade literally anything for anyone. And I have prepared 43 posts to defend this position.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #5716
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Are Stone and Ritchie still around ? Haven't heard anything about the PTOs.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #5717
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Disagree. I prefer they trade literally anything for anyone. And I have prepared 43 posts to defend this position.
Interesting take. I can see that you’re both an irredeemable brigand and a unrepentant fool. Your stance is asinine and your understanding of hockey is rudimentary at best. Good day sir and I shall now be making a show of putting you on ignore.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #5718
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Look at this guy, has 43 posts to really drive home how wrong his is. Anyone for anything is clearly the way ... idiot.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:39 PM   #5719
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
There is also much to be said for the Oilers' approach, where you trade literally anyone or anything for nothing.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:52 PM   #5720
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting take. I can see that you’re both an irredeemable brigand and a unrepentant fool. Your stance is asinine and your understanding of hockey is rudimentary at best. Good day sir and I shall now be making a show of putting you on ignore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Look at this guy, has 43 posts to really drive home how wrong his is. Anyone for anything is clearly the way ... idiot.
Ha. Resorting to personal attacks while providing little statistical data to defend your positions. Clearly you do not even watch hockey, or at best, are secretly Oiler fans. I don’t have the time entertain a position so ridiculous. See you in court.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread