Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #221
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You take radio too seriously. It’s entertainment, not life or death. Your education or ability to do your job isn’t dependant on what you hear on AM radio. It’s fun, conversational, and meant to entertain you.
Essentially what discussing any topic on a message board is.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #222
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
"Full moron" seems a bit harsh, but I think that someone always seems to be the devil's advocate in their discussions. It doesn't have to be an argument to be a useful discussion. So I see your point for sure, but Neault isn't a moron. He seems like a bit of a grumpy fellow sometimes though.
Nault carries on a sports conversation/debate with the finesse of someone at a pub talking sports with buddies after 5 or 6 drinks. Lots of cut offs, talks over others, thin arguments, dismissive of evidence to the contrary, little research.
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 11:53 PM   #223
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You take radio too seriously. It’s entertainment, not life or death. Your education or ability to do your job isn’t dependant on what you hear on AM radio. It’s fun, conversational, and meant to entertain you.

If you want something else from it, go look it up yourself or find one of the hundred other options available to get what you want. You’re free to voice your distaste, but the whole “I’m not going to enable them anymore” and “they obviously don’t care, so why should I” victim mentality will do you no favours.

This is AM Sports Radio in a relatively small market. Adjust your expectations accordingly, or stop being cheap and order Satelitte Radio.
Hahaha...

Do yourself a favour and relax, this is an Internet forum, or do you work for the Fan?

I have Satellite radio, essentially for free because I signed up for a lifetime subscription over 10 years ago.

My listening frequency has consistently gone up the last few months as they lost Rob Kerr and let the monkeys run the zoo.

But please don’t waste your money on SiriusXM. There are loads of better options for NHL analysis & discussion.

Like previously mentioned, download TuneIn & go nuts. The Fan is a dumpster fire right now.

But please tell us all to be nice, say “ah shucks”, & accept that they’re doing the best they can.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:15 AM   #224
FaFaFlamey
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles_point View Post
Hahaha...

Do yourself a favour and relax, this is an Internet forum, or do you work for the Fan?

I have Satellite radio, essentially for free because I signed up for a lifetime subscription over 10 years ago.

My listening frequency has consistently gone up the last few months as they lost Rob Kerr and let the monkeys run the zoo.

But please don’t waste your money on SiriusXM. There are loads of better options for NHL analysis & discussion.

Like previously mentioned, download TuneIn & go nuts. The Fan is a dumpster fire right now.

But please tell us all to be nice, say “ah shucks”, & accept that they’re doing the best they can.
I had no idea anyone subscribed to Sirius for NHL analysis and discussion. The Fan is what it is. It's for sports fans and probably gets the lowest ratings in the city or close. I like it and listen to it, but I don't have any illusions that its ESPN.
FaFaFlamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:48 AM   #225
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always really enjoyed TSN 690 in Montreal, when I was there. Fantastic sports radio, imo. Maybe 50% of content was Habs stuff. Probably less than that.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 09:23 AM   #226
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;6925090
Hahaha...

Errr, alright, I’m not sure the guy throwing a fit over an AM radio station and how he’s “not going to enable them anymore” is the best dude to be handing out relaxation advice.

It’s not about them doing the best they can, it’s about taking free entertainment for what it is and not getting upset about things that really don’t matter. You can live your life complaining about whatever you want, but a radio station in Calgary would not be high on my list.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #227
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know how sometimes we say maybe we should cool it with name calling and personal stuff against players, partly because some of them or their families might read this site? Well, we know for a fact that Fan 960 guys do read it. So some of the stuff here is a little harsh.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #228
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
You know how sometimes we say maybe we should cool it with name calling and personal stuff against players, partly because some of them or their families might read this site? Well, we know for a fact that Fan 960 guys do read it. So some of the stuff here is a little harsh.
Yeah sometimes we forget that for sure. I texted the fan 960 after a ridiculous take by Will. I just assumed it would vanish into the ether and I felt better after the quick vent.

Well, he text me back... haha. The personal attacks are unnecessary.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #229
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rome gone, local show with someone... Not hired yet.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 12:42 PM   #230
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Rome gone, local show with someone... Not hired yet.
Great choice, and I don't even know who they are hiring for it.
Incogneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #231
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

What did he say about Klein replacing Pinder (in the morning full time I assume)?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #232
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
What did he say about Klein replacing Pinder (in the morning full time I assume)?
Nothing about that, just the 10-12. Rome will stay on until they find the new hire.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:47 PM   #233
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Toonage; 12-31-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #234
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I think he did say that. Definitely the part about not doing traffic anymore. I think that's the only place he could logically go
Old 01-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #235
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What are the chances Mike Richards does a Calgary-centric show from Toronto (10:00-12:00) like he kinda already does 1 day a week?
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #236
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think today was a record for how quickly I turned off the morning show, even Brunt couldn't save it for me. So I hope the new afternoon show has a good talent hosting it and not just another plug.

Whatever happened to Toronto George? He was a fantastic fit on the morning show.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:07 AM   #237
Moneyhands23
Franchise Player

Exp:

The big change for me...not being able to stream 960 for the last 2 days...guess I haven't missed much though!
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #238
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
For all the defenders of the Fan 960, do yourself a favour and listen to just about any other sports talk radio station in Canada. Download TuneIn Radio on your app store, or even just visit their website and stream it on your computer. Once you've heard the non-stop sports talk some of these other stations put out you *should* have a hard time going back to 960.

I'm a Bruins fan first but really enjoy hearing about the Flames because I live here. I listen to 590 out of Toronto almost exclusively because even when they talk about sports I don't care for, they do it with thought and opinions that make me start to care a little. Sure I roll my eyes a lot at some of the Leaf masturabatory talk, but if it gets unbearable, I just switch to one of the other markets that is having a game day or whatever. Chances are always good I will get smart sports talk with little deviation to random topics I can hear about on the FM channels. That rarely happens on 960 - but perhaps that's all Calgary listeners want so that's what they get. For those of that want good radio, it's out there - just not Flame-centric. Which is too bad.
Of all the criticisms I would level at the Fan, not being sports-oriented enough would not be one of them. Obviously there is a wide range of opinions on this, but there must be a lot of other people like me that have no interest in 100% sports related content. It just isn't that interesting. What more can radio guys say, especially if they're talking about the local NHL team over 50% of the time like a lot of people seem to want? The main reason I listen to the morning show is entertainment first and sports somewhere further down.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TopChed For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #239
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
What are the chances Mike Richards does a Calgary-centric show from Toronto (10:00-12:00) like he kinda already does 1 day a week?
Just my guess, but I would bet there is a zero percent chance that Mike Richards has a show carried on Fan960 from 10am to noon.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #240
Johnhitbox
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The ratings have to be awful right now. It’s got to the point where even I turn it off after 15 minutes of listening. They should either tell boomer and warrener to work around each other’s schedule or replace them. This station apart from a couple people is unprofessional.
Johnhitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnhitbox For This Useful Post: