Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #81
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Toronto is going to suck this year.
Toronto is going to suck this year, but I GUARANTEE you the Flames will suck more!

Where is the Calgary is no good thread? Seriously, the Flames haven't made the playoffs since the 2008-2009 season. It's not like your team is making the playoffs every year. You shouldn't rag on other fanbases for sucking when your own team actually sucks quite a bit as well.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #82
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Toronto is going to suck this year, but I GUARANTEE you the Flames will suck more!

Where is the Calgary is no good thread? Seriously, the Flames haven't made the playoffs since the 2008-2009 season. It's not like your team is making the playoffs every year. You shouldn't rag on other fanbases for sucking when your own team actually sucks quite a bit as well.
First of all, why in the world would a Calgary Flames fan forum have a "Calgary is no good" thread?

Secondly, there is a big difference between trying really hard and having some impressive successes but ultimately failing... and Toronto.

Toronto should be better than they are but I guess they just don't feel like it. They either refused or failed to obtain a good goaltender. They have an allergy to defensive hockey (which is how you win) and have for a long time. They seem to cherish guys who are showy but aren't actually good team players... so you get goals and excitement but no results.

The Flames might not win as many games as Toronto this season... but I would bet money that the Flames will suck less.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #83
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Haha. We'll rag on who we like. If Toronto wants to be a big target, well then we'll oblige
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #84
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #85
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehkara View Post
First of all, why in the world would a Calgary Flames fan forum have a "Calgary is no good" thread?

Secondly, there is a big difference between trying really hard and having some impressive successes but ultimately failing... and Toronto.

Toronto should be better than they are but I guess they just don't feel like it. They either refused or failed to obtain a good goaltender. They have an allergy to defensive hockey (which is how you win) and have for a long time. They seem to cherish guys who are showy but aren't actually good team players... so you get goals and excitement but no results.

The Flames might not win as many games as Toronto this season... but I would bet money that the Flames will suck less.
Toronto's goaltending is pretty solid. Bernier had really good numbers last year, and Reimer is a great backup for now.

Defensively the Leafs suck, but I think a lot of that is coaching.

I don't know how you judge sucking, but if the Leafs win more games than the Flames, then the Flames suck more than the Leafs.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #86
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
I'm talking about now. Leafs suck. Flames suck.

Leafs have not one a cup for a long time, but before the lockout they were always competitive so I wouldn't say they sucked. After lockout they have been the suckiest bunch of sucks. Sharks always lose in the playoffs, but as a team would you say they suck? I wouldn't.

Also I don't even know or care when the Flames last won the cup but it was in the 80s, right? So what are the Flames at now? 30 years since their last cup?

In conclusion: Leafs suck, Flames suck.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #87
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Toronto's goaltending is pretty solid. Bernier had really good numbers last year, and Reimer is a great backup for now.

Defensively the Leafs suck, but I think a lot of that is coaching.

I don't know how you judge sucking, but if the Leafs win more games than the Flames, then the Flames suck more than the Leafs.
Go to bed...
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #88
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Leafs have not one a cup for a long time, but before the lockout they were always competitive so I wouldn't say they sucked. After lockout they have been the suckiest bunch of sucks. Sharks always lose in the playoffs, but as a team would you say they suck? I wouldn't.

Also I don't even know or care when the Flames last won the cup but it was in the 80s, right? So what are the Flames at now? 30 years since their last cup?

But we aren't talking about the Flames in this thread so it's irrelevant.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #89
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
But we aren't talking about the Flames in this thread so it's irrelevant.
Anyways, I've gotten us all of topic. The point of this story is Kessel disagreed with a new asst coach's opinion and then they worked together to find a play they both agreed on. OH THE HORROR!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #90
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Here's a conclusion; find a new forum.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #91
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyways, I've gotten us all of topic. The point of this story is Kessel disagreed with a new asst coach's opinion and then they worked together to find a play they both agreed on. OH THE HORROR!
No, that's not what happened at all. Kessel is lazy and the coach knows he won't and can't do anything about it
Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #92
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

savemedrzaius is no good.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #93
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
No, that's not what happened at all. Kessel is lazy and the coach knows he won't and can't do anything about it
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...y_feschuk.html

Quote:
As for the breakout play, Spott said in his presentation that he and Kessel ultimately reached a compromise.
Quote:
(Kessel) originally said no, and then he said he’d meet Spott halfway and come to the middle, but that he wouldn’t go all the way across like Spott originally wanted.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:59 AM   #94
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel's Hips Don't Lie View Post
“@markhmasters: Kessel: "Honestly, I’ve skated, maybe, I don’t want to tell you this, I skated 10 times, maybe, all summer."”

“@markhmasters: Kessel: "Randy let’s me get away stuff that other guys may not get away with. Obviously, I play different than other guys on the team."”
Hmmm
Old 09-19-2014, 01:01 AM   #95
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I love that "this post is terrible" thanked your post. that's genius.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arya Stark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #96
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

The man who was the architect behind this current Leafs team is now running your Flames...so, good luck with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #97
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
The man who was the architect behind this current Leafs team is now running your Flames...so, good luck with that.
True as that may be, we never saw the Philsbury Doughboy openly admit he had special privileges over the rest of his teammates while Burke was in charge.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:09 AM   #98
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Kessel's comments are nuts. I'd rather the Flames lose a few extra games by benching the guy than have that entitled brat attitude worming its way onto the team.

Last year was more fun to watch than it has been in years, and to be blunt, the Flames were generally awful. I'd rather watch a bunch of scrubs work their asses off and lose by a goal or two than watch fat slobs snipe 35 by scabbing off the hard work of others.

Kessel and the Leafs are a joke. Edmonton is no good.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:18 AM   #99
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Kessel's comments are nuts. I'd rather the Flames lose a few extra games by benching the guy than have that entitled brat attitude worming its way onto the team.

Last year was more fun to watch than it has been in years, and to be blunt, the Flames were generally awful. I'd rather watch a bunch of scrubs work their asses off and lose by a goal or two than watch fat slobs snipe 35 by scabbing off the hard work of others.

Kessel and the Leafs are a joke. Edmonton is no good.
I watched a fair number of Flames games last year and they same to be an easy team to get behind. Always seemed to work hard, even though the talent wasn't there.

If you watch a few Leafs games you will see that Kessel has actually changed the way he plays quite a bit. He isn't a loafer like Ovechkin, he almost always is skating hard to get back into the play and I remember quite a few times last year he made some nice plays on the backcheck.

Plus as a Leafs fan Kessel is one of the few enjoyable players to watch on the team.

The biggest loafer on the Leafs is Lupul. When that guy is actually playing and not hurt, he is playing very little defense and just floating around.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #100
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Leafs had 84 points last season and the Flames had 77. If the Flames were playing in the soft Eastern Conference like the Leafs they'd have easily earned 84 points. The Leafs won 3 more games than a team that was in it's first year of a rebuild. That's pretty sad.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kessel's fat face , toronto is no good