Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #161
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
IDK seems like she lied about one thing at least... credibility seems iffy with this women
Doesn’t mean she lied. They just didn’t find any evidence to support it. I could also imagine Kane boasting/lying to her about it.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:00 PM   #162
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure there is some truth to both sides of the story, and also a bunch of BS too.

They seem like a pair of awful human beings

But if there is even a shred of truth to her story Kane is a worthless pile of garbage without a doubt.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 07:07 PM   #163
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The miscarriage would be easy to prove with medical records. I don’t see what she would have to gain by tanking his career by making false allegations unless she was just going full scorched earth on him out of spite. No one knows for sure I guess except those involved, but I wouldn’t be betting on Kane being innocent.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:27 PM   #164
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Doesn’t mean she lied. They just didn’t find any evidence to support it. I could also imagine Kane boasting/lying to her about it.
I think it would be pretty easy for them to find evidence if he was betting on NHL games
Old 09-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #165
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
The miscarriage would be easy to prove with medical records. I don’t see what she would have to gain by tanking his career by making false allegations unless she was just going full scorched earth on him out of spite. No one knows for sure I guess except those involved, but I wouldn’t be betting on Kane being innocent.
insert Bill Burr video
Old 09-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #166
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I think it would be pretty easy for them to find evidence if he was betting on NHL games
If he did it, it would have been with intermediaries. So it would depend on someone talking.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 08:30 PM   #167
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the heck Evander?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1440862572937236493
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:35 PM   #168
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Evander Kane is a piece of ****. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Guys don’t continue to pop up in the news for questionable behaviour if there’s not some truth to it, sorry.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #169
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I just think of the thousands and thousands of great / tremendous talented hockey players that have dedicated their lives to play and worked so ####ing hard to get there. And often through timing or chance or luck or whatever you get a chance to be so privileged to play in the NHL. But for the vast majority- sorry, you gone.

And then you have this total piece of dirt holding a job down. How about no. I’m sure there are more than enough kids in the system that can plug holes and they’ll survive without this clown.

What the NHL needs to focus more desperately than anything is getting some of the actual ####ing sport back into it. The game. It’s become WAY too much about money. Going to China is a perfect example.

Guys like Kane don’t deserve to play in the NHL. The NHL needs to be more than about money. It needs to lead by example.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:18 PM   #170
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
There is nothing they can do.

They cannot suspend him, he was literally just cleared of the original accusations as he said last week he would be.

That last sentence even makes it harder for them to do something about the newest allegations i'm guessing as the very day that was released, out come more accusations from the same accuser.

Nasty situation all around though.
What do you mean there’s nothing they can do? Of course there is. And oh look at that, they just did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 PM   #171
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its like spy vs spy. You don't know who's the bad guy
Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 PM   #172
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

And they're both the bad guy!
Old 09-22-2021, 09:34 PM   #173
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I just think of the thousands and thousands of great / tremendous talented hockey players that have dedicated their lives to play and worked so ####ing hard to get there. And often through timing or chance or luck or whatever you get a chance to be so privileged to play in the NHL. But for the vast majority- sorry, you gone.

And then you have this total piece of dirt holding a job down. How about no. I’m sure there are more than enough kids in the system that can plug holes and they’ll survive without this clown.

What the NHL needs to focus more desperately than anything is getting some of the actual ####ing sport back into it. The game. It’s become WAY too much about money. Going to China is a perfect example.

Guys like Kane don’t deserve to play in the NHL. The NHL needs to be more than about money. It needs to lead by example.
The problem is that Evander Kane is really good at putting the puck in the net, which does give him the edge over those kids that can't make the NHL, even if they are better human beings.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #174
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
The problem is that Evander Kane is really good at putting the puck in the net, which does give him the edge over those kids that can't make the NHL, even if they are better human beings.
It’s not really a problem actually. I don’t disagree. It goes to my point that I (personally) just wish the NHL did more for its fans, communities and that it was bigger than just money.

Does it do some things? Yeah, kinda. Not nearly enough IMO.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:06 PM   #175
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Kane can’t be proven guilty legally speaking, should the Sharks still be able to get out of the contract and cap hit?
Old 09-22-2021, 10:12 PM   #176
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
If Kane can’t be proven guilty legally speaking, should the Sharks still be able to get out of the contract and cap hit?
Doubtful. If he's found not guilty he's legally not guilty. That said, I'm not sure what legal jargon is in the contract with conduct detrimental to the team.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #177
Hi-Psi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Funny. Except (a) I already mentioned perjury and (b) the person in that movie was telling the truth under oath, IIRC. Either way, an affidavit is more than an allegation.
An affidavit can be full of true allegations or false allegations. Generally, if there's evidence to back up those allegations, they would be attached to the affidavit as exhibits which would then be entered into the court as evidence.

In my experience (through a nasty divorce/custody battle), affidavits can be full of lies and false allegations and the defendant can be dragged through the mud until all eternity but without actual evidence to support, they are indeed just allegations. An affidavit doesn't really make those allegations anymore real unless there's exhibits and other evidence to back up those claims.

I'm jaded as hell from my experience but I read the statements she made in her affidavit and I can't help feeling skeptical about the allegations. In my experience (between my case and many other fathers that I've spoke to throughout the family court system over the last 4 years), the bigger/nastier the allegation, the less likely it is to be true. I'm not at all trying to say that I don't believe her, I'm just saying that we can't just jump to the conclusion that he's guilty and a piece of #### just because she makes some allegations in an affidavit. She could be using his tarnished image against him by making these allegations, in hope that he'll pay her a chunk of money to go away... Who knows though...

My guess, she's paid to go away whether he was actually guilty or not.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #178
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ yeah I think I know what can go in an affidavit, thanks.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #179
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

"He danced even worse than Left Shark".
Old 09-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #180
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

based on what i have seen in AA/AAA hockey, there are lots of coaches who talk about not wanting problem children on their team; however, these kids make the team year after year

it seems pretty clear at this point that if you take evander onto your team, you are bringing in a sideshow.

will be interesting to see if the sharks can get out of his contract 9or if they buy him out) and if they can, does he resurface somewhere in the league shortly thereafter or does he have to go play in russia