Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #2341
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

it was nice to see on a big stage, the reffing held up and wasnt even remotely a factor in the game. good job
dirk diggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:06 AM   #2342
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ritchie Hall has got some flack over the years but man he put on a clinic in the playoffs. Three games where they totally shut down their opposition. They made the Stamps, Riders, and Ti-Cats offenses look really, really bad. To only give up 14, 13, 12 points in three successive playoff games is incredibly hard to accomplish in the CFL and they made it look easy. I hate to say it because they did get a creampuff schedule and Harris was cheating but hats off to that staff as their special teams are on another level compared to the rest of the league they schooled the Dickenson brothers and Steinhauer. Fully deserving of this Grey Cup.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #2343
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hall turned their biggest weakness in their secondary into a great strength. I'd have to go back and watch the old tape but it looked like way more man coverage and less positional blitzes

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #2344
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty nice ratings for the 107th Grey Cup...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1199093680679899137
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #2345
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m reading the shorts guy now doesn’t like pants and is going back to shorts.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #2346
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good numbers, nice to see the ratings increase. A closer game and it probably would have cracked 4million for an average.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #2347
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ritchie Hall has got some flack over the years but man he put on a clinic in the playoffs. Three games where they totally shut down their opposition. They made the Stamps, Riders, and Ti-Cats offenses look really, really bad. To only give up 14, 13, 12 points in three successive playoff games is incredibly hard to accomplish in the CFL and they made it look easy. I hate to say it because they did get a creampuff schedule and Harris was cheating but hats off to that staff as their special teams are on another level compared to the rest of the league they schooled the Dickenson brothers and Steinhauer. Fully deserving of this Grey Cup.
Through those three games, that was probably one of the greatest playoff runs for a defense in CFL history. That front four, particularly Jefferson and Jeffcoat really stood out. I think Willie Jefferson is overall the best player in the CFL right now. I haven't seen that dominant a D-lineman in a long, long time.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ditty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #2348
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of Stamps pushed the ratings up a bit. As amazing as this Stamps run of dominance has been for us, it's a common comment I hear from CFL fans that it's so boring seeing the same western team dominate and represent the west all the time.

Two teams with a chance at their first Grey Cup in decades was likely a sell to a lot of casual viewers.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #2349
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Danny Austin who's usually pretty reliable is tweeting about a major fight between the Ti-Cat players and Bomber fans at the Westin after the game.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #2350
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nooooooooo.

Maas has been fired.
https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-eskimos-...sons-1.1404462
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #2351
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, my first ever Grey Cup and it was eveything I was hoping for. I was nerve racked the entire day, barely slept the night before.

The stadium was cramped, bathrooms were so full people were pissing in the trash cans. Concessions were awful. But the other stuff was great. The party tent was fun, the half time show was incredible, and the staff on site were super helpful and friendly.

The game? Not much to add but it's a life long memory now that will be with me until I'm senile. There was an incredible Bomber fan turn out and it was the time of my life. I sat behind some Ticat fans who came in from Hamilton who we're a lot of fun and did the "eat em raw" a couple times. I felt bad for them as they left in the 4th, I can only imagine how ####ty it would feel to travel so far and have your team no show like they did.

In the 4th quarter the Grey Cup was carried in front of us by the RCMP (was in section B row 3) and it was probably the coolest sports related moment of my life. For decades the Bombers came within inches of winning, only to blow it in the big game. Then, all the sudden, the trophy was there, and it was nearly in our grasp. The Grey Cup would finally be ours. I'll never forget it, as long as I live. It was truly amazing.

Speaking of great sporting memories, #2 is when Stastny put the Jets up late in the 3rd on the powerplay by 3 to ice the game. #1 for me now is the 4th quarter drive where Harris got the 2nd and 17. The Nichols killshot that was reversed on review was probably the happiest I've been as a sports fan in my entire life. I went from section A back to B hugging and high fiving all the Bomber fans in my range. It was then that I knew it was over (even though it did get called back).

It was a great event, the Stampeders did a really good job with the events on the weekend and the game on Sunday.

The Bombers are Grey Cup champions. ####ing eh.

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-10-2019 at 07:28 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote