Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
TheRealPepman
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Flames CSEC Teams Up With StellarAlgo

Great move IMO. Should be helpful for the new arena.

http://www.stellaralgo.com/media/201...fan-engagement
Quote:
Calgary, AB – Calgary Sports & Entertainment announced today a new partnership with StellarAlgo which will enhance CSEC’s ability to learn how to engage their fan base on a more personalized level. StellarAlgo is a customer data platform that helps professional sports teams maximize the potential of their data via machine learning.

“At Calgary Sports & Entertainment we are constantly trying to find methods to make our fans in-game experience even better,” said CSEC Vice President of Information Technology & Food and Beverage, Ziad Mehio. “StellarAlgo brings us to an entire new level of customer service, one which allows us to personalize our relationship with our top clients, our fanbase. The end objective is always happy customers.”

“Fans want memorable experiences at games. The goal is to provide our fans with the information and level of engagement that they really want at our games and events,” said CSEC Vice President of Sales, Ticketing & Customer Service, Rollie Cyr. “We understand that buying behaviors are evolving all the time. Through a deeper understanding of our fans’ needs and heightened engagement, we believe we can accomplish this goal of delivering the most desirable customized product offerings.”

StellarAlgo currently has partners across four of the five major sports leagues (NHL, MLB, NBA, MLS), minor league teams and live sporting events. The StellarAlgo platform works with the data that teams have to help them learn how to engage their fan base on a more personalized level. For fans, this means that they receive offerings, content and experiences that are tailored to individual fan interests.

“Our purpose is to provide teams with the actionable insights that allow them to enhance their fans’ overall experience,” said StellarAlgo CEO Vincent Ircandia. “Our customer data platform is helping teams better understand their audience so they can connect with them on a more personal level. Fan behaviors and expectations are changing and leading organizations are making the decision to better nurture their fans. We are excited about the enhanced levels of customer engagement, affinity and lifetime value that we are seeing amongst StellarAlgo partner organizations.”

StellarAlgo was created by the belief that accessible and actionable data inspires the personalized experiences that create lifelong fans. With over 35 customers, StellarAlgo has become the leading Customer Data Platform for live audience businesses across North America.

Last edited by TheRealPepman; 10-10-2019 at 11:08 PM.
TheRealPepman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealPepman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read this release 3 times and still can't figure out how this is going to make my life better.

Spam me more? Reduce bathroom wait times? Get rid of the Dodge Ram on the concourse?
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Instead watching the exciting NHL action happening on the ice, everyone will just stare at their phones.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I work in IT, with AI tech, and with Amazon services and I too am not sure what this means.

Other than my suspicion they will track you purchases and location the entire time you are there. So the Flames will know where fans are flocking to in real time and over time.

In return you will get emails advertising a fan attic sale for your favorite player.

Err sorry this is “intelligent marketing” super cool!?!
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #6
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

This will “digitally transform” your in arena experience.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #7
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

My guess is that this is a lot of fancy current techno babble about the latest trend in machine learning AI, when it’s all about some sort of loyalty card and access database, likely on your phone and connected to the Flames App , trotted out first to season ticket holders and linked to your account, to track what you do at the Dome. And then to whoever in the Gp wants to be in the program.

Scan the card at whatever vendor your going to get a discount and then that’s logged. It’ll also know when you arrive at the Dome as to when your ticket was scanned and if you transferred it. Eventually enough data is collected about your attendance and spending habits, and the “machine learns” and you are spammed and offered so called specialized offers based on your attendance pattern, food and merchandise vendor pattern, and spending dollar amounts.

In the new building I assume it will be much more advanced, and with the proper amount of spending and patronage you get to unlock secret bathrooms that have no lines, cigar lounges, the rage room, and other adult themed experiences.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #8
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

John Anderton, you could use a heroin beer right about now.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:57 AM   #9
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I read this release 3 times and still can't figure out how this is going to make my life better.

Spam me more? Reduce bathroom wait times? Get rid of the Dodge Ram on the concourse?
It's already gone!!!! 😀

I just pray it doesn't make a comeback.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:06 AM   #10
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

This reads like one of those essays you’d write in school where you need to hit a minimum word count so you ramble on and add in some fancy buzz words but you’re really just saying nothing.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:31 AM   #11
badger89
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hopefully we'll get a rage room like the Flyer fans. Could really use one most games, with the current state of officiating. https://www.espn.com.au/nhl/story/_/...everyday-items
badger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I'm impressed... they used 381 words and said absolutely nothing. That's a real skill.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #13
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

I swear to the hockey gods if there is a 100+ person deep line for the washroom at Saturday night game at the intermission I'm done.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #14
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As minor a detail as it seems, the bathrooms are probably my biggest gripe as well. However many urinals the dome has, quadruple it in the new building.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #15
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
As minor a detail as it seems, the bathrooms are probably my biggest gripe as well. However many urinals the dome has, quadruple it in the new building.
Then, quadruple it again.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post

They might spam you more, but based on what you use/buy. So for example, you have seasons tickets and you go to every game as opposed to someone who sells them every game or gives them away. They use that to recognize that you're actually a fan and might appreciate a slightly better sightlines compared to that guy next to you who gives them away anyway.

If you spend a pile of money in the gift shop, they give you offers related to the giftshop. Or whatever.

It's basically the fact that they can track all your spending and such within the stadium, so they know what kind of fan you are and can drive marketing and offers to you as a result. Because everyone is paying with a card for things now, they have all this information. At a new stadium in London for example, it's entirely cashless and I think that's a piece of the reason why. My guess is the new arena will head in that direction as well.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #17
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're going to run season-long analytics to gauge fan reaction to Cotton Eye Joe and Sandstorm. This will require plenty of both.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #18
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
They're going to run season-long analytics to gauge fan reaction to Cotton Eye Joe and Sandstorm. This will require plenty of both.
And which crappy singalong songs get the most votes. Could they run some analytics on the cringey between play fan games and the goober who runs them? And the tosh.o like bloopers? Most of that doesn’t really entertain me.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #19
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
It's already gone!!!!

I just pray it doesn't make a comeback.
Is this true? I was at home opener and didn't notice (actually thought it was there) if it's gone I'm a happy man. Been complaining about it for 10 years on the season ticket holder surveys.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #20
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tbqh I’d rather hear those songs then Willy sticking with the 1983 song book that came with the organ when the Dome opened, and playing the chicken dance and other preschool favourites, that invariably end up in “Go Flames Go”.

The Flames need a new rink and new technology, and they know that. And then the programming to go with it. Vegas is the gold standard, and it doesn’t take more then a couple visits to see what they do and how well they do it. And, Vegas is very family orientated, but without being as stale and predictable as two week old bread.

Also the new girl who seems to be doing more of the promotions this year has an incredibly screechy voice that the 1990s mic’s and sound equipment in the Dome don’t do any favours for in modulating.

Also, I think this technology linked to an account will make it a lot easier for people to spend money, when the new arena has the terminals to make it occur, but the Flames couldn’t wait any longer at least to get the program rolling before the new arena even breaks ground.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote