Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2023, 01:34 PM   #41
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I agree and hope you are right.

I'm with others here, interested in the 911 call. Order of events is important here. When was the call made, by who and what was said to the operator?

What happens now? Since the teenager is dead, there is no trail, what will come out in the investigation? Will we know?
I would guess a history of extremely troubled behaviour will be revealed, documented struggles getting the kid to take his medication, a lack of proper male influence… the usual bingo card.

So, another reason massive amounts of gun violence don’t take place here - everyone, even the homeless, know you can just go see a doctor when you’re not feeling well, and you will receive actual treatment and support.

As opposed to the US, where 20% of the population doesn’t see a doctor ever, and probably hasn’t since they were born (if even then).

So there are far less people in Canada in a position to snap and murder a bunch of innocents on their way out the door.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:36 PM   #42
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This kid is the same one who shot a guy in a Pizza Hut.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/teen-who...ibextid=unz460
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:23 PM   #43
Yikes
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
This kid is the same one who shot a guy in a Pizza Hut.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/teen-who...ibextid=unz460
If it turns out the shooter is indigenous and known to police I am sure Justin will apologize for something.
Yikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:25 PM   #44
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post
If it turns out the shooter is indigenous and known to police I am sure Justin will apologize for something.
A racist throw away comment that has nothing to even do with the thread it's in.

Interesting approach
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:26 PM   #45
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

What could that comment possibly serve but identify yourself as a ####hole? Like what's the motivation outside of getting in a racist jab? Take a break bud.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:27 PM   #46
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can your parents apologize for raising you this way?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:27 PM   #47
Yikes
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
A racist throw away comment that has nothing to even do with the thread it's in.

Interesting approach
Well at least i'm not a bigot...yet. Maybe check out some of the other posts in other threads before you start throwing crap around.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:28 PM   #48
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yikes.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:28 PM   #49
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well at least i'm not a bigot...yet. Maybe check out some of the other posts in other threads before you start throwing crap around.
What are you even on about?
Old 03-17-2023, 03:30 PM   #50
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is a bigoted comment, ipso facto you are a bigot
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:30 PM   #51
Yikes
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
What are you even on about?
Lot's of hard to the left bubble wrap pussies around here. Gotta watch where you walk...
The Following User Says Thank You to Yikes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:31 PM   #52
Yikes
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
This is a bigoted comment, ipso facto you are a bigot
I used the word IF...
Old 03-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #53
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the #### is even going on right now? Did Yikes just pick a random thread and decide to start putting his facebook posts in it or something? This has nothing to do with.... anything
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #54
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Time for Yikes to be permabanned.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:33 PM   #55
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I used the word IF...
Mod edit: cmon.

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 03-17-2023 at 11:20 PM. Reason: the thread was already off the rails
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:34 PM   #56
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Irrelevant. Be better.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:36 PM   #57
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I used the word IF...
doesnt matter, there is no reason to posit or even think that the kid was indigenous, it is wholly bigoted
Old 03-17-2023, 03:38 PM   #58
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyway, moving on from.... whatever that was

Eyewitness account

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cers-1.6782702

Quote:
He saw the flash of a light pass across his window. Two officers were standing outside with the woman who lives in the unit directly below his, Dunn said.

"There was a police officer outside," he said. "When I looked, he made eye contact with me and he kind of pointed to the door."

Dunn said he went downstairs and opened the door to the officers and the woman he knew to be his neighbour. He said the officers thanked him and told him to return to his apartment.

"I went up the stairs. They turned off onto the second floor behind me, and before I even got back into my unit, I heard the shooting."

Dunn said he heard five or six shots ring out as officers approached the door.

"They came to the door and you could hear them say, 'Hello, this is the police. Please let us in.'

"I don't think he even finished what he was saying. There was no hesitation."
Old 03-17-2023, 03:40 PM   #59
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m going to change the subject. And I’ll out myself as an Edmonton cop. I knew Brett a little bit. I worked with him for a day last month. I was working the night this happened and we responded to the scene but didn’t get there in time and there were a lot of members already there. So the rest of us blocked roads and created a clear path for the ambulances and the police cars carrying the members to get to the hospital. It’s been a horrible two days. I was at the hospital and saw the close colleagues of the two, as well as the families.

The next couple of weeks or so are going to be hard, followed by the funerals. I came down to Calgary for Sgt Harnett’s funeral and I suspect there will be a massive contingent of Calgary cops coming up for this one, or for these ones. I’ve personally been touched by the outpouring of support from friends and family and strangers.

It’s been a bad last little while for Canadian law enforcement and I hope this trend stops. I’m not naive enough to think that it suddenly will, however. Random tragic violence is unfortunately a reality.
8 Ball, aaronck, afc wimbledon, anyonebutedmonton, Bagor, Benched, Bill Bumface, bizaro86, Blankcanvas, brocoli, btimbit, burn_this_city, cam_wmh, Captain Otto, Cecil Terwilliger, Charcot, chummer, CroFlames, Cube Inmate, cupofjoe, D as in David, Dion, DoubleF, Dozer, Erick Estrada, Fire, Galakanokis, Hockeyguy15, indes, Inferno099, Ironhorse, jar_e, jayswin, Johnny Makarov, Leondros, Machiavelli, Mightyfire89, Minnie, MoneyGuy, MRCboicgy, nieuwy-89, oxygen, PepsiFree, psyang, rayne008, Reggie28, ResAlien, Roast Beef, Roger, Rubber Ducky, Ryan Coke, Slacker, Sliver, speede5, SportsJunky, stazzy33, Street Pharmacist, Table 5, Terradude, Titan2, topfiverecords, TorqueDog, tvp2003, undercoverbrother, underGRADFlame, vegasbound, White Out 403, WhiteTiger, Wormius, wwkayaker, zamler, zarrell, Zulu29
Old 03-17-2023, 03:41 PM   #60
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rather than arguing whether you are a bigot either embrace the fact you are one or change, you are clearly feeding yourself a steady diet of maga freedom convoy Qanon media, all of that stuff is based on good old fashioned nativist bigotry that is as old as Canada, if you dont want to be a bigot change what you browse