Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #41
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Except Wesley is off experiencing different plains of existence with the Traveler.
Maybe the Traveler's finally gotten tired of his #### and given him the ethereal boot.

They should just make a Star Trek series centered around Q. I could watch John De Lancie gallivant about the Cosmos being an ass to everyone and everything.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #42
Boshi
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They should just make a Star Trek series centered around Q. I could watch John De Lancie gallivant about the Cosmos being an ass to everyone and everything.
Really? I respect you having your own taste and all.. but I think I'd have to gouge my eyes out with a fork and then stab my eardrums with a no.2 pencil.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshi View Post
Really? I respect you having your own taste and all.. but I think I'd have to gouge my eyes out with a fork and then stab my eardrums with a no.2 pencil.
It'd get old real real quickly... but I gotta admit the "Q" episodes are all amoungst my favorites.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #44
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Maybe the Traveler's finally gotten tired of his #### and given him the ethereal boot.

add in a healthy dose of Ferengi, they were interesting #######s as well.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #45
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Except Wesley is off experiencing different plains of existence with the Traveler.
I thought he dropped out of that too because he was wearing a uniform at the wedding in Nemesis.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #46
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshi View Post
I was just thinking that if you're going to go with something stupid like Captain Worf, focusing a series on the least interesting character then why not do something with a more interesting character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
It'd get old real real quickly... but I gotta admit the "Q" episodes are all amoungst my favorites.
Oh it'd get old in a serious hurry, but it would be the anti-Star Trek;

"Let me debate the morality of this.....ah screw it, I just annihilated your entire civilization before breakfast for no particular reason...."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #47
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I'd love if they did a spinoff with Jonathan Frankes as "Admiral Riker".

Basically paint him as a fat, old and bitter drunk based on some past events that happened post TNG, who is on his last legs with the Federation (perhaps banished off to a remote outpost / position).

He then is forced to clean up his act and lead some ragtag team of misfits as some horrible tragedy / event happens.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I'd love if they did a spinoff with Jonathan Frankes as "Admiral Riker".

Basically paint him as a fat, old and bitter drunk based on some past events that happened post TNG, who is on his last legs with the Federation (perhaps banished off to a remote outpost / position).

He then is forced to clean up his act and lead some ragtag team of misfits as some horrible tragedy / event happens.
That would be hilarious!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #49
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I thought he dropped out of that too because he was wearing a uniform at the wedding in Nemesis.
It depends on who you talk to. And what you read.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #50
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this is an interesting idea but I can't see it actually happening.

There has been some talk, I believe, of J. J. Abrams and his crew developing a TV show after the current trilogy of Trek films is complete. I find this the most likely return to TV for the franchise.

I do definitely think that after the current round of movies is done they will return Star Trek to TV though... the hiatus will probably end up being about 10-12 years (Enterprise ended in 2005).

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #51
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

TNG fans might be interested to know that Brannon Braga has written a four issue series for the Next Gen comic book.

Quote:
Brannon Braga is one of the most prolific writers and producers in the world of "Star Trek," having worked on the series "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Star Trek: Enterprise," as well as the movies "Star Trek: Generations" and "Star Trek: First Contact." He joins co-writers Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett as well as artist Joe Corroney to write his first "Star Trek" comic book, the four-issue "Star Trek: The Next Generation: Hive" miniseries from IDW Publishing. The series focuses on the popular alien race known as the Borg with the first issue on sale September 19.

"The book begins 500 years in the future, when the Borg have assimilated everything and everyone. And there's nothing left in the galaxy," Braga explained to CBR News. "And Locutus, who is now kind of the king of the Borg, has an awakening. Some part of [Capt. Jean-Luc] Picard lives on inside him. The Borg are going through a bit of an existential crisis, in that once you've assimilated everything, they still haven't achieved that perfection that they seek. And Locutus decides to destroy the Borg, but to do that he's going to have to utilize himself, 500 years ago, when this whole Borg final assimilation started. And that takes us to so-called present day, where [Captain] Picard is going about his business. So it's an adventure that takes place in two different time periods."

Braga spoke extensively with CBR News about his first foray into "Trek" comics, his thoughts on the franchise as a whole, and his other upcoming TV projects.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #52
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I think it would be interesting to have a series similar to Firefly set in the Trek universe. A ship that isn't in the Federation and their perspective.
This is one heck of an idea.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #53
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I think it would give them the option to bring back old characters for cameos and look at how people operate outside the Federation. It wouldn't have to be so 'clean'.

Some of the best TNG episodes had them being critical of the Federation and looking at the dark side of their expansionist ways.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #54
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post

This was explained in the series of relaunch books colloquially referred to as the A Time To series, which take place one year up to the tenth movie, Nemesis.

It's been ages and the details are fuzzy, but Wesley was gallivanting around the universe or whatever, doing his thing with The Travelers, when he had a vision or prophecy where he saw the destruction of the Enterprise.

He abandoned the Travelers, and aided the Enterprise and its crew, and was not allowed to be special anymore because of this.

This was right before the wedding of Troi and Riker. He showed up to the wedding naked, expecting the ceremony to be a typical cloth-less Betazoid wedding, and had to borrow a uniform.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #55
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
TNG fans might be interested to know that Brannon Braga has written a four issue series for the Next Gen comic book.
Brannon Braga wrote some the best Trek ever when paired with Ron Moore in his TNG Days. Brannon Braga also put the nail in Trek's coffin with episodes of Voyager like 'Threshold' and the first two seasons of Enterprise.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote