Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #2821
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
The Winnipeg Zoo has an amazing polar bear exhibit. Ample room for them to roam and very natural feeling. Hopefully that's what the Calgary Zoo is planning.
And soon they’ll be unnatural feeling, and more like a time capsule environment.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:34 PM   #2822
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I believe it is built to replicate the Churchill dump.
Nicely played!

Brings back childhood memories for both my wife (lived briefly in Churchill) and myself (Grande Cache)!
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:48 PM   #2823
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Nicely played!

Brings back childhood memories for both my wife (lived briefly in Churchill) and myself (Grande Cache)!

Grande Cache? Holy. I was born there. (I was premature, born in our home with a midwife). I didn't think there was anybody else from around there. I went back 18 years later for a bit. It's beautiful country.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 06:45 PM   #2824
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I wish Greg Clark would come back to politics
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #2825
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Easy tasks that get messed up and become a lot more piss me off. I decided to change the air filter in our car today which is the easiest thing imaginable but screwed it up by dropping my ratchet and socket underneath the engine while bolt the air cover panel back on. Luckily the tool made it all the way down under the engine and didn't get caught up on anything but that meant getting the jack, lifting the vehicle, unbolting the undercarriage tray, grabbing the tool and bolting the tray back on.

It gave me a chance to notice what a mess the dealership made on my oil change the other day though. The mechanic must have dumped a cup of oil down the side of my engine.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #2826
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Trying to get a plumber on the phone is a chore. You get a loooong pre-recorded disclaimer at the beginning of the call. The one that Gentleman Plumbers uses makes you want to shoot yourself it goes on for so long. Then, you have to speak to a booker that asks a million questions from a script. Then they want all your personal info and then they want to give you an appointment time, weeks down the road. All of this before you can ask a human being a question first.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:07 AM   #2827
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
Grande Cache? Holy. I was born there. (I was premature, born in our home with a midwife). I didn't think there was anybody else from around there. I went back 18 years later for a bit. It's beautiful country.
Gorgeous country but it's been a long time since I have been there. Moved there when I was 2 and the town was just being built, and left when I was 6.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:33 AM   #2828
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Easy tasks that get messed up and become a lot more piss me off. I decided to change the air filter in our car today which is the easiest thing imaginable but screwed it up by dropping my ratchet and socket underneath the engine while bolt the air cover panel back on. Luckily the tool made it all the way down under the engine and didn't get caught up on anything but that meant getting the jack, lifting the vehicle, unbolting the undercarriage tray, grabbing the tool and bolting the tray back on.

It gave me a chance to notice what a mess the dealership made on my oil change the other day though. The mechanic must have dumped a cup of oil down the side of my engine.
There's really no excuse for a dealer tech to not use a funnel when filling oil yet so many still manage to make a mess of what should be a pretty simple process. Used to happen anytime Subaru Calgary serviced our Outback.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:18 AM   #2829
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
There's really no excuse for a dealer tech to not use a funnel when filling oil yet so many still manage to make a mess of what should be a pretty simple process. Used to happen anytime Subaru Calgary serviced our Outback.
This is why I like to do my own oil changes but while it is under warranty I let the dealership do it because I'm paranoid about warranty claims being denied because it doesn't have service records.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #2830
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

My dermatologist informed me this morning he's retiring in March, but as of yet there's no one at the clinic I go to (RRDTC) that has capacity to take over his patients for him. So my family doctor will have to refer me to a new dermatologist if it doesn't get sorted out. I've been seeing him annually for 15 years, give or take

What a ####ing system
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #2831
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bah, just put some aloe on it.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #2832
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
It'd be super cool if for a Flames win, they lit up red and yellow, for a Jays win, they lit up blue and white and then whatever colours you wanted for Xmas or Flames off days!
I'm sure this could be easily done with an arduino and some programming to work like the old Bud goal lights, would actually be pretty cool to have the lights synced to game days and goals etc. hmmm.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Last edited by Raekwon; 10-03-2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Link
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 01:35 PM   #2833
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So lemme get your guys' thoughts.

My neighbor is really into Halloween, and this year has a realistic decapitated head hanging from a gallow on his front yard. I have a young child and it terrifies her whenever we go outside.

Is a decapitated head a bit TOO much for Halloween decor? Worth saying anything? I don't want to be a fuddy duddy but I feel like that may have overstepped the boundary of good taste for seasonal decorations on your front yard.
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:02 PM   #2834
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post

My neighbor is really into Halloween, and this year has a realistic decapitated head hanging from a gallow on his front yard. I have a young child and it terrifies her whenever we go outside.

Is a decapitated head a bit TOO much for Halloween decor? Worth saying anything? I don't want to be a fuddy duddy but I feel like that may have overstepped the boundary of good taste for seasonal decorations on your front yard.
You're dangerously close to being one.

Just tell your child it's not real. It may take a few tries. Maybe go kiss it in front of her.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:16 PM   #2835
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Doesn't most mess come when removing the oil filter and/or drain plug? Obviously they should manage it better on a lift than I do lying on my back, but some spillage seems inevitable given the placement of most oil filters
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #2836
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post

How old is your child ?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:29 PM   #2837
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Except children are part of the neighborhood as well and people should be considerate of these types of “decorations”. That’s stuff for a haunted house in my view.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #2838
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

So that's a no on stuffing some of my old clothes full of hay and hanging it by the neck from my garage, then?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #2839
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

But an effigy and decapitation are different, one would be at least PG rated if not R.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #2840
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Except children are part of the neighborhood as well and people should be considerate of these types of “decorations”. That’s stuff for a haunted house in my view.
So too are teenagers who may appreciate the fake decapitated head, so it should stay and the concerned parents can explain that the thing isn't real.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: